main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Empire vs. Rebellion (ver 2.1) Back where it belongs!!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Grand Moff Jerjerrod, Nov 25, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. howlrunner22

howlrunner22 Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 24, 1998
    My fellow citizens of the galaxy. Since you are repulsed at the very idea of Empire, then I ask you this. What has the Empire done to you that deserves your wrath?

It is clear to my fellow Imperials that our wrath is sufficently and justly directed at your Rebellion due to its treacherous nature and its distortion of the truth, which in turn inflicts upon our sovereign majesty's, His Empire's, and the officers' of His Empire, great pains and humiliation.

For you claim that the Empire has commited grave and dire attrocities, and yet you offer no proof, or at least proof which the learned members of this Imperial orginisation can not deflect without shame or guilt. For all Imperial actions are done with a cause and done with the interest of the galaxy at heart. It was you who forced us to disband the wise council which was the Imperial Senate. We assure the galactic people that this is only a temporary measure and all of the raised Imperial taxes will deflate to pre-war standards.

As you can see, my rebel counterparts, the miseries of the galaxy rest squarely upon your shoulders. And now, I welcome the neutral planets of the galaxy to join us in a new state of prosperity, peace and justice for all.

[This message has been edited by howlrunner22 (edited 11-27-1999).]

2. noname

noname Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 1999
    Howlrunner22. Two reasons. Alderran and Cammasi (I know I spelled that wrong).

I vote for the Rebellion.

Good Day,
    noname

3. howlrunner22

Oct 24, 1998
    Alderran was a clear bastion of rebellious traitors to the legal government which is the Empire. Alderran sent spies, namely the rebel villain Princess Leia Organa, who flaunted and abused her rights to diplomatic immunity to infiltrate and perform acts of high espionage upon the Empire dealing with sensitive research. She ordered her consular ship to intercept priority Imperial transmissions and sent them to known rebel units. And she was doing it by orders of the Alderranian government. High treason.

Furthurmore, Alderran had for a long time claimed a pacifist idealism. However, the Alderranians also began to stockpile weapons on a ship in a very surreptitious manner. What fear does a planet experience when simply wanting mantain a small defence force? Alderran fears greatly for reasons quite beyond me. It is with accurate deductions that Alderran had intentions to utilize the aforementioned weaponry against the Empire and its vassals. Perhaps these weapons were banned due to their destructive nature? Perhaps those were biological weapons meant to raze entire populations? Alderran was ready to enter a state of total uprising and they were planning to strike at the Empire. Tarkin struck first.

NOT under orders by the Empire save his own, Tarkin destroyed Alderran. The blame should rest on his shoulders only, and yet the blame should be light. He destroyed it out of provacation and out of high public spirit that he was willing to risk the displeasure of the entire Empire and to stain his hands with the blood of Alderran so that millions others within the Empire would not have to face the recieving end of Alderran's stashed weapons arsenal. He died with little honor, but upstanding public spirit. For he understood this: Alderran was like a viper. As a viper grows, it grows too in murderous strife and malice. And like a viper, it must be crushed in its egg lest the beast be unleashed.

As for the Camassi issue, I am not well versed in it. But I can say this: The Bothans, respected members of your so-called Alliance, betrayed your own kind. But the Empire looks after its own.

4. X-Wing Commander

X-Wing Commander Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 1999
    Alderaan and Mon Calamari.You Imperial slugs destroyed Alderaan!!Defence,slugs!howlrunner,spare the Imperial propoganda!You dirtbags also attempted to ravage Mon Calamari with your world devastators!You kill your own officers!It is of good fortune the Rebels have Wedge Antilles and Rogue Squadron,as well as Luke Skywalker and the rest.You are also evil because your leader,Emperor Palpatine,is using the Force for his own devious purposes.The light and dark sides do not physically exist,but in ROTJ,Palpatine is trying to coax Luke to join the dark side.Anger,fear and agression are qualities associated with the dark side(as said by Vader,Palpatine and Yoda),and these are negative qualities.See!?Damn Imperialists!

DAMN IMPERIALISTS!
    DAMN IMPERIALISTS!
    DAMN IMPERIALISTS!

Commander Antilles,JediMaster RussDog,jedi jaina solo,DO YOU EVEN VISIT LIT!?

BTW,GMJ,I did a bit of propoganda with this thread on "Luke Fans Unite"in Classic Trilogy.Hope you don't mind.

[This message has been edited by X-Wing Commander (edited 11-27-1999).]

5. Santee Ordrin

Santee Ordrin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 9, 1998
    For me their can only be the way of the Republic. That pretty much puts me against the Empire and with the rebellion. Reasoning behind this is the simple fact of freedom. The Empire held sway, by pretty much limiting the choices of said planets. Prime indications, Alderaan and Caamaas. The Mon Calamari were enslaved and fought back for their freedom. Alderaan wanted to talk peacefully but was destroyed. Caamaas was destroyed because the peaceful and moralistic culture that the Caamaassi lived by, ran against everything that the Empire strived to support. It proved that one did not need a New Order to survive. Just so long as all followed a similar moral code. It also didn't help that the Empire didn't really understand the Caamaasi either.

Reasoning behind the Bothan support of the imperial destrsuction of Caamaas. Bothan culture directs one to move up in political circles by any means possible. This just happened to be the way. The actual Bothans who took part in said raid now are paying the price for their actions.

6. Joyoda

Joyoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 1999
    If Plapatine is in charege of the empire i say rebellion. Palpy was an idiot. If not then neutral. let bothsides kill each other so i can take over the remains!
    Mwwuahahahahaha

7. Chewie_rules

Chewie_rules Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 1999
    I used to hate the Empire but then I played Tie Fighter and now I hate the Rebellion. So my vote is for the Empire

8. Xarus

Xarus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 1999
    I cannot, and will not support a government that inhibits the rights of its population. If a citizen does not own the right to peacefully protest against the government, then he does not own the right to live. Freedom is what every human (can't speak for other species) strive for, but the evil Empire denies us that right. On the contrary from what howlrunner22 states, it was the Empire that forced peaceful protestors in to armed action.

Whether Palpatine ordered the destruction of Alderaan is of no importance. What is important is that Alderaan, a planet that posed no direct threat to the Empire, was destroyed by one of his highest ranking officials, on his most expensive battle station. I also find it hard to believe that any such action could have been taken without the Emperor's personal approval.

The Rebellion is more my style, but their government is to centralized still, if they would transform the Republic into a defense and trade league with planetary self rule, I would support them fully. Now I'm neutral.

//Xarus

BTW, the Empire is way cooler

9. Jedi Corran Horn

Jedi Corran Horn Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 1999
    Damn, the things you miss when you get hooked on Final Fantasy 8.
    You all know me Rebellion all the way.

10. howlrunner22

Oct 24, 1998
    What you fail to see is the basis of Imperial Foreign Policy. Now please go back, super-impose the United States on to the Empire and call the Rebellion Innocent Hamburg, Berlin, Misc. German Town Citizens and/or Vietnam.

11. Thanos6

Thanos6 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 1999
    Count me as Rebellion. I just can't sympathize with Palpy.

Now, put Thrawn or Exar Kun in charge, and I'd be bowing before you can say "EU."

But at the moment, I'm a rebel. (With a cause)

-Thanos6

12. jedigirl

jedigirl Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 1999
    My distinguished enemies:

I come before you today peacefully to offer you just one of the many reasons why we the Rebellion, (who I am now going to refer to as the Allaince) are opposing your system of government and rule.

A universe should not be run on the basis of fear. You and your government have controlled numerous star systems in this fashion. A sucsessful government does not rely on fear as their motive for control. A sucsessful government gives their people freedoms and rights and equalities and justice. People should be able to rely on their government and be proud of it. They should not fear for their lives whenever a government official comes into a room.

Upon the creation of your "technical terror" you proved your incompotense to rule star systems the proper way and showed the only way for you to be able to stay in control is to destroy those who did not fear you.

This is why we oppose you. This is why we fight. This is why we will win.

Is this a substantial reason howlrunner?

[This message has been edited by jedigirl (edited 11-28-1999).]

13. Tenebrae

Tenebrae Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 1999
    Well here we are again, yet again I'm ready to denounce the falsehoods of freedom and justice. It does indeed seem that people with the rebels have the same two arguements generally.
    1. Alderaan and Caamsi being destroyed was a great atrocity.
    2. There is no freedom under the Empire.

Well guess what? Wrong on both counts! There is no such thing as innocence, any planet that does not actively try to expunge a rebel infestation is verging on inept and any that do nothing are effectively comitting treason. As we can all see that the collapse of the Empire lead to 15 years of death, destruction and general chaos can we say that this is a good thing? No I think not. And how do rebels justify this? They say that it is for freedom and justice, it is hard to see how such abstract and non-existant concepts can be allowed to dictate the deaths of 100 of billions of innocents.

No matter what you rebels say you started a conflict with no better reason than your own profits were being taken away by the Empire and you wanted them back, the leaders of the rebellion were all well off until the Empire started trying to redistribute wealth and when it started getting put about they all decided the Empire was "evil". Well I put it to you that any faction which deliberately starts a conflcit for its profit is more evil than any portrayl of the Empire could ever hope to be.

Dr. Why

14. noname

noname Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 1999
    Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

noname

15. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    I am proud to be Imperial. The Imperial government keeps the galaxy safe. We never have to fear that we will be attacked or that we will run out of supplies because ships can not safely travel. We have our freedom, we are prosperous, we are safe. What more could you ask from a government?
    The rebellion on the other hand, scares me, they use terroists tactics to get their ideals and voice heard. You never know which convey is going to get destroyed next in the name of rebel justice. It was the rebels that brought fear to the galaxy not the Empire!

16. colya

colya Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 1999
    Imp slime Rebels all the way you may look good but your nothing compared to the NEW REPUBLIC!!! oops was that to fast for you.

17. Grand Moff Jerjerrod

Grand Moff Jerjerrod Jedi Master star 3

Jul 14, 1999
    We may be "slime" but at least we understand the concept of puncuation.

GMJ

18. Xarus

Xarus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 1999
    As I've said before I feel strongly for the rebels as they were fighting for freedom for themselves and the galaxy. My main problem with them though is that they also fought to bring back an outdated Republic. I fail to see why the galaxy would need yet another centralized government after seeing the horrors that can be created by one. To have Coruscant interfere in planetary and regional affairs can not be justified. I vouch for a more loose coalition, concentrating merely on trade and defense.

Oh, BTW, if it was proven that the governor of Nebraska helped terrorist, would it then be justified that the federal government erradicated the whole state? (I just picked a random state, got nothing against Nebraska)

//Xarus
    rebel, but not NR, supporter

19. Organa Solo SW

Organa Solo SW Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 23, 1999
  20. jedigirl

May 2, 1999
    GMJ, don't judge us by our few members of lower intelligence.

just kidding colya

21. Tenebrae

Tenebrae Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 1999
    Okay Jedigirl it would be unfair to judge the rebels by the small number that are of lesser intelligence. So let us judge the rebels by the large number of greatly below average intelligence. Of course you can't get rid of them because that would be discrimination, we Imperials have no such qualms which is why the cretin EDN has been forcibly removed from our Imperial faction.

The fact that an unreasoning and irrational love of X-wing books seems to be
    prerequisite for being a rebel will not at the moment be held against you, until later.

Goodness gracious great balls of fire

22. Santee Ordrin

Jul 9, 1998
    Now I take umbrage at that TEN. Not all those who believe in the rebellion do so because of a great fascination for the Xwing novels. While I might enjoy them, I dont consider them to be the best. I will talk later on this subject have to exit now.

23. jedigirl

May 2, 1999
    Have I ever expressed my undying love the Xwing series 10? I may be reading them right now, but they are not my "prerequisite for being a rebel" as you so eloquently put it.

You know, assuming too much could get you into a lot of trouble some day. . .

24. Santee Ordrin

Jul 9, 1998
    You know he does assume to muc in this caase. Of course when you have a squadron as well known as the Rogue squadron it is hard not to make them the focal point of a story. But that is beside the point. My major love of the rebellion is that it gives one the ability to choose where one will go in life. Instead of giving basically two choices. the Empire way or death. The Caamasi definitely had no choice in the matter. Their respective worlds were destroyed. Alderaan is still looking for a world to replace the one destroyed by the death star. Countless other untold planets detroyed by the might of the imperial fleet. All of these lead me to believe that the rebellion was the better way to go. Carida and the system it was in, destroyed by Kyp Durron, that was a mistake and Kyp is the one that must pay for it. For some odd reason TEN happens to believe that all rebels are die hard Rogue squadron fanatics. I would beg to differ in this case.

25. jedigirl

May 2, 1999
    Nicely put SO.

GMJ I would just like() you to know that I am paying() homage to our "shrine" by posting() my 400th post in() here.

(You can fill in the parentheses if you want GMJ)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.