main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Empirecon to relive!!!!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Uilmuteiz, Dec 11, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Hi to all of you seious fans who loves having fun meeting other fans, meeting star wars stars, well if you do, make yourself known, because there is a chance to see Empirecon III, in your greater toronto Area BUT. We need to know who you would like to see. And if there was such a convention, would you like to come?? and if you'd come, woud you like having supper with the stars?? so basically taking a VIP package.

Well I do hope you do would like that, because I did sucked up The con organiser good enough to give us hope he might want to do another convention, and maybe also one in Toronto on top of one in Montreal. So please make yourself known, answer my little survey, and we maybe be heading your way for an Empirecon. :) so thank you for your answers, and may the force be with you.

2. JediWarrior

JediWarrior Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 7, 2000
    I'll come, regardless of who else shows up, or what guest stars there are (As long as there is one) Time is free for me, and Toronto, vaguely close, although I'm going to Montreal first. (I'm in ottawa)

3. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    As long as I don't have to pay extra to see/speak to a guest, I'd be happy to meet anyone from the movies.

4. td741

td741 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2000
    Well, me and several 501st members would be willing to make an appearance at both locations if need be. :)

Considering that I've went down to LA and then SanDiego twice in the same month, neh, twice in 3 weeks time period... I can handle another EmpireCOn. JUST DON'T DO IT AT THE SAME TIME AS DRAGON-CON OR COMIC-CON OR ANY OTHER BIG CONS!!!!

I'M ALREADY PEEVED THAT I HAVE TO DECIDE BETWEEN TORONTO-TREK AND COMIC-CON. ARGH!!! I just *hate* that. I liked Toronto Trek, but I had more fun at ComicCon. Nothing quite like storming the Hasbro booth, doing shots for comic-book and gaming magazines, etc. However, my duty is to the Canadian 501st garrison. Sigh...

Now that rant is out of the way... :) Who I'd like to see? I don't suppose you can get Lucas, Mark Hamil to show up? :p

BTW, I'm a little giddy, I got my stealth trooper armour... oooo... black and shiny... ;)

5. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Hey, yeah, George! I'll call him up tomorrow, see if he can drop in!

As for the current people doing the circuit, Jeromy Bulloch, Jerome Blake, Shannon Baksa, and Richard LeParmentier are pretty fun. As for people I haven't seen yet, Sam Jackson would be interesting, Hayden Christensen is local, Silas Carson would have some interesting stories to tell.

I'd also like to hear from some of the effects people, as they had Simon Cheung from ILM at the last Empirecon.

6. KnightFyr

KnightFyr Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 2000
    Well I would love to see a Star Wars Con in Toronto. The closest thing I've been to is Men Behind the Mask a few years back. I'm kinda sick of Toronto Trek and I feel that it's about time that there was a Star Wars con. I think though that if there have been 2 in TO already that you would need to promote better. Put my email on the list for people that want to attend and help any way I can.

nightfyr19@hotmail.com

7. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I'd come to the one in Toronto... as long as prices are reasonable and I'd get to see guest(s)... a dealers room and some panels are also great.

8. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    If there are guests, I would hope they would have Q&A sessions or panels, as you get more out of the appearance of the guest that way then just handing over 5-10$ for an autograph.

anyway, i don't know what i'm saying i am not here right now but elsewhere...yes,elsewhere.

9. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    I'll have to second the idea on panels.

Standing in line for half an hour to be told that the only thing the 'star' in question will autograph are the photos in front of him, and those go for $20 a crack... that's no fun.

But a panel with one or more cast members, retelling stories and answering questions from the audience... that can be a hell of a lot of fun. One of my fondest con memories is a B5 panel with Harlen Ellison, JMS and Walter Koenig. It went on for about a little over an hour and was one of the best moments of the show.

I can understand financially why cons charge for autographs and whatnot - but my feeling is that I paid to get in the door. I shouldn't have to shell out for more after that point.

10. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    IF (and still a big IF) we are going to do such a convention as Empirecon III, here what would be done .. IF we make it happen

pretty much the same thing as the other two, for those of you who allready assisted.

But, this time we might just do a one day convention, there would be VIP passes sold for the same price as the last times (100$ each) wich included free entry on the site, front rows seats, supper with the stars, and maybe a free autograph from one of them.

There would probably be less store boots on location, (afterall, its a convention.. not a fleemarket) and some other things I cant remember right now or just didn't tought of yet...

During the day itself, there would be autograph sessions, and yes of course, Questions and Answers sessions. :)

so now that I gave you a little more info on what MAY be, do you think you can help me convince the organizer some more.. [face_clown]

thanks

Sebastien

11. Jedi1138

Jedi1138 Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 1999
    I'll be there with bells on. Just as long as you book "Guy who played Royal Guard #3".

12. TomServo

TomServo Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2000
    Delete this message. Please? Hey, Tragic... make with the vanishing! ^^

13. TomServo

TomServo Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2000
    The first con I ever went to was the CNAnime/SFX mess last year... and despite griping from my friends in the Cursed Fanboys ( http://carnage.fanfic.org ) - which includes our own Sandwich Boy as a member - I had a blast.

So yeah... try real hard to get Mark Hamill. I've got so much swag to get autographed... Wing Commander, Batman Beyond, Star Wars, Gabriel Knight... it's nuts. ^^

TS.

14. Rogue36

Rogue36 Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2000
    I went to the last 2 star wars fan conventions in Toronto, the third will rock! Bring it on dudes! Rogue36@home.com

:D

15. JediWarrior

JediWarrior Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 7, 2000
    Bring it on!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.