main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Empire's End

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Terranix, Oct 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terranix

Terranix Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2001
    Straight to the point: Do I really need it? I've been trying to get a hold of one, but it just isn't happening. I have Dark Empire I & II though, so it's bugging me no end. Is it really necesarry? Will you sell me your copy?

Uh, anyway, sorry for creating a topic bound to cause very little in the way of discussion, but, eh. There's nowhere else to turn.

2. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    I had no problems buying mine from Amazon, see if they still have any.

3. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    If you think Emperor Palpatine is an important character within Star Wars, then you may want the story of his death. :)

In addition to that, Empire's End...
    1. In-Universe picks up the issue of Luke training new Jedi from where Marvel comics left it, facilitating the entire Jedi Academy series and the establishment of the Jedi Praxeum.
    2. Hammers home the importance of Anakin Solo within the GFFA.
    3. Brings an end to Palpatine's Empire within the GFFA.
    4. Creates the government of the new Republic, which facilitates the creation of the new New Republic, which is the government referred to as the "New Republic" in force in-universe from Empire's End up through NJO.

4. Terranix

Nov 6, 2001
    I've checked all the most obvious places, masterskywalker. Second-hand is about the last option available to me.

Ghengis12: Yeah, I'd thought that it'd be something pretty significant...Dang.

5. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    I got mine new from Amazon a couple years back. Recently, somebody said that thingsfromanotherworld.com found a shipment in the back room. Have you tried them?

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I find EE to be a horrific waste of DEII's potential conclusion. DEII set things up for a great finale. What did I get? A rushed plot, poor art, which could have been so much better with the elements it had!

You might as well junk your DEII or try to track down the 5-CD DE audio version, alternatively fanfic an end. Either course beats EE!

Jedi Ben

7. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    It's not that important, although I loked the story.

8. AgonyEngine

AgonyEngine Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 13, 2001
    Does the audio version contain DE1, DE2, AND EE???

9. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    If you get the CD set, then the audio dramas include EE. If you buy the tapes seperately, then it doesn't include EE.

10. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    There's some info about EE and a summary in the Dark Empire Handbook too, as far as I remember.

11. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    TFAW is out. Force be with you in finding a copy. ;)

12. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    If you're just interested in the story, you can find a compleate transcript of the audio drama on the Timetales section.

TC

13. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    Don´t waste your money on it.

Its poorly drawn and the story (in comparison to DEI and DEII) is to short and sucks.

14. Terranix

Nov 6, 2001
    Can I have yours, then? ;)

On a more serious note, I'd pay money for it & stuff, & chuck in a Dark Forces novella, if you want.

Eh...why do I bother?

15. yodafett_77

yodafett_77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Have you tried checking for it on ebay or something? I've seen quite a few SW books and comics go at reasonable prices on there...

16. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Terranix,

I do have to concur with Jedi Ben to some degree. While it may be difficult to do so, you may wish to at least view the comic before paying for it.

Positives: It contains numerous significant events as well as tying up a plethora of loose ends of varying degrees of importance to the Star Wars saga.

Negatives: It was originally planned as a 6-issue story, which was cut down by 1/3 into a two-issue story mid-process by LFL. The end result in terms of overall quality (art, etc.) is unfortunate. Empire's End should have been given the fanfare and quality treatment deserving of its subject matter - namely the end of Palpatine and his Empire.

17. Terranix

Nov 6, 2001
    Thanks for the advice. I've checked out a few transcripts...it DOES seem a little lacking, but nevertheless, I can't stand not to have the conclusion to a story told for the most part in a pair of TPBs I already own. Definitaley the best area of Sequel EU.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.