main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Emporer Palpatine in empire strikes back.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Scooby_Wan_Kenobi, Mar 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2002
    Let me ask you all this one. Who plays the emporer in empire? To me, it almost looks like Alec guiness in a little makeup, and the voice sounds like Boris Karloff. I have never been able to find in the credits who it was. Or, maybe, I just haven't looked closely enough. Anyone?

2. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    Well, according to IMDB.com (love that site) the guy doing the Emperor's voice is Clive Revill. BUT it doesn't say if the image is Ian McDiarmid or not (he's not even listed as having an uncredited part)...

Where's our expert on the bizarre facts? Where's Huttese? ;)

3. Darth was Mauled

Darth was Mauled Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    If I am not mistaken, the voice is Clive Revill, and the face is that of an old woman with monkey eyes for eyes. I am not sure though.

4. huttese1138

huttese1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    "He was played by an old woman wearing prosthetic makeup, with chimpanzee eyes superimposed in post-production into darkened eye sockets in order to create a truly unsettling image"...good knowlede Mr. Mauled. I thought everyone knew about Revill, he was in Robin Hood: Men in Tights.

5. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I remember reading somewhere that it was Alec Guiness,but that was a while ago and I don't have a quote to back it up.

6. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 22, 2002
    No, not everyone Huttese...My knowledge is based upon what I have seen in the movies. I haven't done any research on who played what in the films if it isn't in the credits. I guess that I should try to look things up before I ask questions...but it is easier this way...Thanks all!! :D

7. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Huttese did you get your info from the Insider issue #49 page 60?

I knew that I readed it some where and I just had to think of where I read it at.

8. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    Scooby chill! I said that because Robin Hood: men in thights is one of my favorite movies.

9. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    Rob, no I heard it from someone and then went to the official site to post it hear...it seems some people dont trust you unless you get proof.

10. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Huttese I know what I feels like. I know so much about Star Wars that most people think that I have no idea what Im talking about. Or that Im makeing it up.

11. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    I wouldn't really say that people don't "trust you" when it comes to SW facts. For me, I'd just kind of like to know where you found your facts (no need to show me the page or the direct url).

That's all. :)

12. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    No, Im talkin in general, not just star wars...people will shut up faster when you have proof. Oh, huntress...I just read a lot on the web, im a poor college student with nothing else to do

13. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 22, 2002
    Huttese, hey man no problem here...I was just making a statement, that's all.
    Jedi do not lose control.

14. Darthfunkasourous

Darthfunkasourous Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2002
    Its an old women with things on her eyes,go check the official site for conformation.No alec ginnes,period

15. DoubleAgent

DoubleAgent Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2002
    Darth was Mauled pretty well nailed it, as well as Darthfunkasourous. I don't know what the official site says myself, but Insider 49 (the ESB issue) has an article on Clive Revill, his work for doing the voice, and mentions this as well:

"Still, Revill is reluctant to take too much credit for the character, which in Empire is seen only as a holographic image and was portrayed onscreen by an old woman wearing pale green makeup, with the eyes of a chimpanzee matted in to chilling effect."

Looking at the photo insert, 'makeup' is an understatement. No wonder it is so hard to tell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.