main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Emproer's son

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Veng_Commando, Nov 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    The books with the bit about the three eyed son of palpatine [they even say Palpatine had a third eye on the back of his head!] and his son are all "cannon" right? They're all untrue, because then there'd be a grandson of Palptaine living in the forests of Yavin during the NJO thats about thirty.

2. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    Not 'neymore! That's a Vong world now, G! He's probably dead...

3. Veng_Commando

Oct 26, 2001
    I asked if it were cannon or not. They have Han and Leia's wedding for crying IN loud! Well, it could be true... but then Mothma's assembly of superheroes campaign would be false... but they're all mentioned in the EGtC

4. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    Well, according to the Glove of Darth Vader series, a lot is different. I mean, have we ever heard from that Jedi Prince again? Has he ever been mentioned, even though he should have been a million times? I dunno...

5. peregrine

peregrine Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    GODV series have not been marked infinities or outside the timeline... so unfortunately, yes, they are canon.

6. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
  7. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Actually only son of palpatine was a mutant and a eye on the back of his head.

It never said palpatined did.

Actually WOTC has been refrencing Prophets of the darkside and other things as of late, yet not only them. Bantam kids' novels refrenced them if you know where to look. As did KJA in JAT if you know where to look. As does del rey in there Essential Guides of the Star Wars universe series.

So yes they are as valid a part of continuity as TTT is.

8. Sith-Pirate

Sith-Pirate Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2001
    I've been wanting to ask somone about this. In the Glove of Darth vader series, Han and Leia's wedding was on Yavin IV I believe. In Courtship of Leia, they were married on Coruscant. I may be wrong about the locations, but I know that they were not the same. Can anyone tell me how they can both be true?

9. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    We could ask an author if they got any special instructions about referring to these books.

10. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Both are true.

One note, you don't actually see them get married in godv, only walking to the the stage. Something could have interupted it.

Or there was an annullment. We do see that leia is leia organa solo in the Dark Forces books.

Though there is one thing Wolverton ignored continuity when he should have done better. Or we blame the editors for not correcting him right.

But beyond that the books have been refrenced in many places.

11. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    There's a perfectly reasonable explanation for the screw up in GODV. Han and Leia, walking down the aisle (or whatever) suddenly fell over and starting twitching at the stupidity of the entire plot. They woke up, amnesia stuck, and they forgot about the marriage until COPL.

12. Draco_Starcloud

Draco_Starcloud Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 25, 2001
    Depending on how long COPL takes place after CoPL, Han and Leia could be renewing their wedding vows.

13. Veng_Commando

Oct 26, 2001
    Maybe they were married twice because each wanted to be married of a preist of their own religion.

14. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Han went to sunday school as a child by the way. See issue 7 of the marvel comics.

15. Veng_Commando

Oct 26, 2001
    What? a sunday school of what? What would the SW equivalent of Christianity be. Luke?

16. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Luke wouldn't exist when he was a child actually.

We don't know what he was practicing exactly, but we do know that sundays exist in the star wars universe. But what the religion was like, not much is known.

17. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    We know about B'omarr...

18. Sith-Pirate

Sith-Pirate Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2001
    I figured out what happened! GODF series was a children's series, right? So when Leia stepped up to the alter to give her vows, Han whispered some lude sexual remark to her about the honey moon and she called the wedding off. They of course could'nt say this in the book because it was written for children.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.