main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Empty Knights--(J/Z) Post NJO. Update 9/04/07

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by chaotic-force, Feb 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emerald_Lady

Emerald_Lady Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2006
  2. Emerald_Lady

Dec 18, 2006
    Could you PM me if you update this, please? [face_batting]

3. chaotic-force

chaotic-force Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2006
    I want to thank everyone who has read this story. I am so sorry for not updating in over a year. I have been working a lot in school, and internships have taken a lot of time out of my writing schedule.

However, this story is not dead. In fact I am very close to finishing it. I have several drafts of the remaining chapters, and am just putting the finishing touches on them. You can expect updates soon.

I am also releasing a prequel to this story. It is a story about Zekk's origin called City Lights. You don't need to read it for this story, but it will give a little back-story for my version of Zekk.

Thanks again to everyone who has read this story, and I promise to post some updates soon. I am sorry again for taking so long.

4. chaotic-force

chaotic-force Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2006
    A/N: Okay, so I want to thank everyone who has read this story. Your support of this story is greatly appreciated, and I am truly sorry it has taken me so long to post this update. This chapter turned out to be very long, so I have decided to break it into two parts. I will post the second part in about a week when I am done editing it. This post is a little on the fluffy side so be warned. I hope you all enjoy it.

Post 6

Empty Knights
    Chapter 5-1: Plans

One of the first things a Jedi learns is to be mentally flexible. A Jedi can never devote himself to only one plan. Instead, we are expected to be able to jump blindly into a situation, and be able to handle ourselves. This is a lesson that many Jedi accept, and master quite quickly. I however, have spent the last seven hours planning the next thirty minutes of my life. Not that any of my plans have ever worked out, so maybe I was just a bad student.

In all honesty, planning and going through scenarios is the only thing that has stopped me from biting through my tongue. Rayne hasn?t answered any of my calls, making me fear the worst, the voice in my head keeps whispering her name, preventing me from meditating, and then there?s Jaina. I?m still not sure which voice is bothering me more, the one in my head, or hers.

For almost six hours I had to sit and ignore her constant talking. First she spent at least an hour trying to get me to talk about Rayne. When that tactic didn?t work she spent almost five hours bombarding me with attempts at small talk, her stories about the new Jedis at the academy, and how if I gave her an hour she could fix every damn problem with my ship. Frankly just remembering her shrill voice makes me want to eject myself into space.

Finally I just told her it would take us nine hours to get to Gerona, and recommended she use the refresher and try to rest. She seemed to think it was some sort of victory that she was able to get me to speak. I swear, I could be wearing a giant sign that said I DON?T WANT YOU HERE, and she would just smile and claim that she had brought out my hidden creativity.

With Jaina out of the way I was able to implement the first phase of my plan. Normally it takes about nine to ten hours to get from Coruscant to Gerona. However, I?ve been able to get us there in seven. Granted it burned up more than half of my fuel supply, but it?s a small price to pay. Ten minutes ago we entered Gerona?s atmosphere. We should be on the surface in about five minutes. If my plan is going to work I have to act now.

I lock the blast doors, the thick metal would keep a tank out. It should have no trouble with a midget like Jaina. With the doors locked I run the forty foot stretch to the cargo bay. There, on the eastern wall is my fresher, and if I?m lucky, a very distracted Solo.

The door opens with a quiet hiss, and I take two tentative steps into the stark white room. Jaina is thankfully still behind the tinted glass of the shower, but no water is running. Instead a steady stream of muffled obscenities are echoing from inside. I wait a moment to see if she has heard my entrance before getting to work.

Jaina?s dark brown cloths are plainly visible next to the sink, and on top of them is the item I?m seeking, her lightsaber. With a flick of my wrist I summon the weapon to my hand. With my prize in hand I take a step back and open the door, this whole ordeal has gone much smoother than expected.

My revelry is short lived as the door suddenly stops, stuck halfway open, and making a noisy screech as the stupid machine keeps trying to retract. Jaina?s cursing suddenly stopped, and for a moment the only sound in the room was the loud thunk of the damn door finally opening.

?Zekk?? Jaina?s confused voice calls out, as the tinted class door opened slightly to reveal one of her brown eyes. It was in that moment that I experienced hatred for an inanimate object. I was in the process of damning that piece of junk door to nine different alien hells, when I hear

5. Emerald_Lady

Dec 18, 2006
    Rayne hasn?t answered any of my calls, making me fear the worst, the voice in my head keeps whispering her name, preventing me from meditating, and then there?s Jaina. I?m still not sure which voice is bothering me more, the one in my head, or hers.

[face_laugh] I like your Zekk's voice. He's still Zekk, but a little more cynical and Han-like. I could definitely see him being like this during some parts of his life, and it makes for intriguing reading. :)

I swear, I could be wearing a giant sign that said I DON?T WANT YOU HERE, and she would just smile and claim that she had brought out my hidden creativity.

Well, they are both pretty strong-willed. [face_mischief] I think you've got Jaina down. ;)

I lock the blast doors, the thick metal would keep a tank out. It should have no trouble with a midget like Jaina.

lol Midget! Why do I get the feeling he's going to be proved wrong about the blast doors before long? [face_mischief]

Jaina is a lot of things, but she isn?t stupid. Seconds after the door closes I hear her fists hitting the door, along with several promises of a painful death.

Perfect. [face_devil] I can't wait to see how she gets out, and what she tries to do to Zekk when she finds him...especially if she finds Rayne there as well. [face_devil]

I'm glad to see this story back. :D

6. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    I just read the latest. Seeing Zekk try to game the situation was fun. He's got his skills, no doubt about that! o_O

I can't wait for more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.