main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph END OF LINE: TRON, Uprising, Legacy & Ares

Discussion in 'Community' started by edgejedi88, Jan 25, 2006.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I wondered about the air times. I have not watched much of this show because of the showtime and the OnDemand menu does not have all the shows. It gets nothing but positive comments yet it is never on at a reasonable time.

3. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, after the initial break back in the summer it seems like Disney XD tried to kill the show intentionally because it was attracting an older audience, which their advertising doesn't cater to.

4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    TRON 3 Update:

Question: Does it feel like there really will be another TRON and that Disney wants that to happen?

JOSEPH KOSINSKI: Yeah, it absolutely does. I think I’m two weeks away from getting the draft. This is a story we’ve been working on since 2009, so that’s four years now. I’m really excited about the idea that we have for it. I think it delivers on the promise that both TRON movies have made. It opens the movie up, in a way that I think is going to give it a much broader appeal. Whereas TRON really, ultimately, in the end, catered most to TRON fans, this idea broadens it some more, in really exciting ways. But, it’s all about the script and making sure that that story is compelling enough to get all of us back together. Those movies are hard to make. It’s a two-and-a-half to three-year journey. So, to go back in there and go back to the Grid, it’s going to have to be a pretty spectacular script. We’ve got a great writer on it, so we’ll see.

Does it have a title that’s not just TRON 3?

KOSINSKI: It has a working title, yeah. TR3N will be our code name. We have an idea, but nothing is set in stone yet. We have some exciting ideas.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I am so excited for this!

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I think that "broadening" means we'll be getting some action in the real world this time around. It'll be interesting to see what kind of balance that manage, if that turns out to be the case.

As much as the visuals and world of the Grid are the hook of the series, I've always enjoyed the real world corporate intrigue elements, brief as they are. They're a big part of what gave Legacy it's mix of nobility and nostalgia, in terms of feel.

Though I'd expect the next film to move beyond that particular blend of themes, I'd like to hope that they won't be completely compartmentalized into Legacy.

7. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Was Legacy trying to set up Cilian Murphy's character as the villain for the sequels?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Absolutely- both The Next Day and the hidden conversation between the Dillingers on the BD point to that being at least part of the plot.

9. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I have not purchased a dvd in years. If they put the show out I might actually buy them unless they put it on Ondemand or just replay them on cable. I have yet to costume, I totally want a Legacy costume to go to a Con.

10. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    No news, just wanted to mention that Tron Uprising is now on Netflix streaming (along with a bunch of other recent and not-so recent Disney and Cartoon Network stuff). Personally its just really nice to be able to go back and watch old episodes and catch up on a few I missed. Not like Disney XD ever bothered to give Uprising any reruns and barely any commercials and a junk time slot.

And yeah, those extras on the Legacy DVDs/Blu-rays were awesome (the Flynn lives "campaign" was probably one of my favorites).

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Whats notable is that the Netflix thing is an exclusive deal apparently, which has stirred the notion that maybe they'll explore some kind of resolution if it streams well enough.

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    For those that missed it the first time around, I've reuploaded the easter egg/homage guide with some tweaks to the music tracks. Hopefully it'll stay up this time around.

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Walter Kronkite BTS look at the effects of Tron. neat little piece of rare content.

14. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    Still no news on a dvd/blu-ray release for UPRISING?

15. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Recently finished watching the Tron: Uprising animated series. Wow.....truly amazing. Superb & stunning animation, and a great storyline as well. I have to honestly say this is my favorite animated TV series of all time. It took a while to get used to the elongated limbs, but after a while I didn't mind it - visually, this worked well here. Also very impressed by the tech (light-cycles, helicopters, etc.), urban cityscapes, neon lights, and techo-like music. I liked how the show built on what we saw in Tron: Legacy (incredible film), but still had it's own unique vibe. Too bad the series ended prematurely, and on a cliff-hanger no less......

Gorefiend likes this.
  16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It's a real shame- it was so fantastic. Here's hoping Tron 3 brings about some kind if resolution or continuation in some form as a tie-in (ie a full series boxset w "bonus finale" to package with the two movies or something).

If only I would win the lottery, I could do so much good with that money... fund an Uprising finale, 2 or 3 Stargate wrap up movies, B5 HD... Come on, Lady Luck, certainly thou must be a fan of one of them? ;)

Gorefiend likes this.
  17. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Well, the next mega Millions jackpot is 257 million...

18. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I want Tron 3 dammit.

19. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Just watched Tron Uprsing in pretty much one go… and woah… this show needs to come back like right now [face_plain]

Ulicus likes this.
  20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I know. Hopefully when Tron 3 finally gets into gear they'll reapproach the series.

Watched the first few episodes with a friend a few weeks ago and he was very impressed by it- saying something to the effect of you totally forget you're not watching a movie and you lose awareness of it even being animated.

Then again I totally hooked him on B5 about 10-12 years ago, so anything with Boxleitner is an automatic win for him.

CloneUncleOwen and Gorefiend like this.
  21. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Lets hope, even if we don't get a full season, but at least give us some conclusion on it, though as mentioned a few pages ago, one kind of already knows the depressing outcome of the story with Tron Legacy. Though now I so want those Rebels in the End of Line Club to be part of Beck's Uprising or at least inspired by it.

Some character designs did throw me off here and there, but yeah it gets the Tron atmosphere down perfectly.

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I suspect they were considering that Bartok and Hopper are rebels by time of Legacy (the irony being that the origin of Bartok's scar was one of the few things that were initially promised to be revealed by Uprising back when it was a mini series but was never touched upon once it was expanded out to a full series).

23. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Wait... Bartik really is the same guy as the Rebel in Leg?! Uh nice.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  25. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I should watch Uprising.