main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph END OF LINE: TRON, Uprising, Legacy & Ares

Discussion in 'Community' started by edgejedi88, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Well, Quorra is white-ish, too:

[image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100718073025/tron/images/thumb/8/89/Tron_20x60_Full_wave7_v1.jpg/830px-Tron_20x60_Full_wave7_v1.jpg]

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I think they are white- when Sam and Quorra are entering the safehouse, as well as later on when they talk about stuff outside his bedroom door, they are definitely white.

Tron himself, I'm unsure of- the only time we see him really well lit is during his Rinzler water descent, and the water could be changing the color.

Most other programs were blue, though.

3. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    I just think it's a matter of how brightly illuminated the program is. Even Sam and Quorra are blue, but it's so bright it approaches white. If you look at the picture of Quorra, the lighter parts look white while the darker areas are blue.

4. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I think Sam and Quorra are supposed to be white. It's how they looked in the movie to me (and white is their color according to the official magazine tie-in). I think the promo pictures are re-colorized so they might not be movie accurate.

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Details on the TRON 3 Teaser to be included on the DVD/BRD

the details that I got from the footage that was shot BEFORE Thanksgiving of last year to be a teaser of the future, it seems...it will be made up of at least 3 scenes.

One includes Bruce Boxleitner (as Alan) and Dan Shor (as Ram). Turns out that "Ram" was apparently running the FLYNN LIVES campaign and he's frantically destroying all of that data and files, as Alan confronts him. Dan apparently utters the line, "Why did Kevin give you the cool name" - which means to my way of thinking that after Flynn came out of the Grid, he sought out the human soul of Ram and befriended him and started calling him RAM - you know - some geek that wrote that Actuarial Program that helped people plan for the future...

Another has Quora showing up to ENCOM and getting acousted by the press because she's riding Sam's Ducati - and states that she just spoke with Kevin Flynn, yesterday!

The last scene that was shot in this mini-shoot involved text screens where you see the Father & Son... The Dillingers stating that everything is going as planned.

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Was lucky today and found a Kevin Flynn Identity Disc at Target- they also had the Rinzler one, but I'm on a budget for the next month or so. The Kevin Flynn one I could make an exception for- not only would I be avoiding the 2-3x price increase on ebay, but it was on sale to boot, woo!

(apparently the disc shipping cases break down to one KF per case and 2 Rinzlers per case (or something like that) with the rest Sam Flynn discs- which is why all you ever see on the shelves are SF ones since the collectors grab the rarer ones right away)

7. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    I must admit, I'm tempted to get some of the TRON toys.

The prestige of collecting SW figures was outstripped by the expense and the fact that every man and his dog were collecting them unopened. At least TRON collecting is a bit more of a niche at the moment.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, I'm definitely gonna at least get the rest of the discs (2 of Rinzler's, naturally). Don't think I'll be doing the action figures, though- but I might get a Lightcycle or two. The die-cast vehicles are more tempting (and more cost-effective).

9. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I have the ID Disc Frisbee and the Sam Flynn disc. I may have to break down and grab a die cast Recognizer.

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, I'll probably get the frisbee one too...don't think my friends would appreciate me hurling the light-up baby across the room at them (not mention, it'd probably break the toy- even worse!). ;)

11. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I was going to buy the Tron Legacy Blu-ray on day one anyway, but still, I hope a threequel trailer means that there will be a third movie. I think Legacy did decently at the box office, it wasn't a huge failure at least, but its always hard to tell what a company views as a success. The scenes sound very interesting, always glad to see Boxleitner. And ah, the Dillingers are plotting, that's no surprise. Well, here's hoping we do get to see this sorta trailer on the Blu-ray, even if the threequel is at best a few years away.

12. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Actually, I think TL did pretty well (if not an outright box office success) considering it was a sequel to a niche movie from 1982 and needed to re-establish itself as a franchise.

As of 1/23/11, Tron Legacy's 38th day of release, the box office looks like this:

Domestic: $163,206,611 47.6%
    + Foreign: $180,000,000 52.4%
    -----------------------------------
    = Worldwide: $343,206,611

The movie reportedly cost $170 million to make, with marketing upwards of an additional $120 million. Keep in mind that these are the high end/worst case numbers.

So, using the worst case numbers, TL has made $343 million vs. combined cost and marketing of $290 million. +$50 million so far without being fully released around the world, which doesn't include video game and toy sales, sponsorship deals, or the future DVD/BR, and I think TL can be called a success.

Compare that to X-Men and Batman Begins, which had the benefit of multiple comic titles and cartoons, and you will see how impressive it is. X-Men earned $157 mil domestic and $139 mil internationally for a combined total of $296 mil over its entire 112 day run. Batman Begins earned $205 mil domestic and $167 mil internationally for a combined total of $372 mil over its entire 142 day run. X-Men earned $148 mil domestic and Batman Begins earned $187 mil over their 1st 38 days respectively.

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, it's done respective business. Disney invested in relaunching/rebranding a franchise and it seems to have worked (the toys in particular have apparently done much better than expected). Now all the word of mouth will lead to video sales/downloads and the cartoon will hold over or gain some additional interest in the meantime, and they'll have a wider public awareness/fanbase to launch the sequel off of (much like POTC).

14. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Looks like Legacy got snubbed for Oscar nominations. It only received 1 nomination for sound editing (I think), but wasn't nominated for visual effects or score.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, I'm surprised the score didn't get a nomination- I guess they just didn't want the winner(s) to be accepting on national television wearing robot helmets ;).

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    =P~ =P~ =P~

Details on TRON DVD/BRD Releases

First up, we've got a LOT more details for you on the Blu-ray and DVD release of TRON Legacy and TRON: The Original Classic. There's no official street date announced yet, but retail sources are telling us to expect 4/5 in the U.S. and 4/11 in the U.K. (dates are obviously subject to change until they're officially announced). TRON Legacy will be offered in the following configurations: 1-disc DVD (SRP $29.99), a 2-disc Blu-ray+DVD Combo Pack (SRP $39.99), a 4-disc Blu-ray 3D+Blu-ray+DVD Combo Pack (SRP $49.99) and a 5-Disc 2-Movie Collection of both TRON Legacy and TRON: Classic (SRP $79.99). As we saw yesterday, that 5-Disc Ultimate TRON Experience will also be offered in a special limited edition with the discs packaged in a light-up Identity Disc (this MAY be an Amazon-exclusive or at least limited to select retailers - SRP $99.99). Extras on the TRON Legacy DVD will include a first look at the TRON Uprising Disney XD animated series and 2 featurettes (Visualizing TRON and Installing the Cast). The Blu-ray versions will add the exclusive The Next Day: Flynn Lives Revealed added footage, the Disney Second Screen option to watch the film on a 2nd portable device with exclusive interactive features, Daft Punk's Derezzed music video and 2 more featurettes (Launching the Legacy and Disc Roars - the latter was recorded during last July's panel at Comic-Con). The 4-disc Blu-ray will include add the Blu-ray 3D disc, plus DVD and Digital Copy discs. The 5-Disc 2-Movie Collection will include everything in the 4-disc TRON Legacy Blu-ray, and will add the TRON: The Original Classic Blu-ray as well.

Speaking of which, TRON: The Original Classic will street the same day on 2-disc DVD (SRP $29.99) and 2-disc Blu-ray (SRP $39.99). The DVD will include most of the previous DVD special edition features, along with audio commentary by director Steven Lisberger and others, and the all-new The TRON Phenomenon featurette. To this, the Blu-ray will add the exclusive Photo TRONology. The Blu-ray will also include a bonus DVD.

Multiple retail sources are suggesting to us today that the street date will be 4/5 in the U.S., but that's still officially TBA

[image=http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/miscgfx/covershd02/ultimatetronexperiencebrd.jpg]
    [image=http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/miscgfx/covershd02/tronlegacy3dbrd.jpg] [image=http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/miscgfx/covershd02/tronlegacybrd.jpg] [image=http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/miscgfx/covershd02/tronclassicbrd.jpg]
    [image=http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/miscgfx/covers6/tronlegacydvd.jpg] [image=http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/miscgfx/covers6/tronclassicsedvd.jpg] [image=http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/miscgfx/covershd02/tron2moviecombobrd.jpg]

17. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I'm going with the 5-Disc Ultimate TRON Experience. I hope it isn't missing any of the features from the other versions.

18. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I just glanced at Amazon, and oh, so many combos, ugh, so hard to choose. I'm leaning towards the Special Edition one though, as it looks especially shiny. The only downside is that it doesn't have the Tron classic DVD, only the Blu-ray, which will probably be somewhat good, I'd just like to get the regular DVD too, since I missed out on the last pressing. Unless I just buy the 4-disc set and then buy the classic DVD/Blu-ray combo, hm.... Although I don't really need the 3D version, since I don't have a 3D TV or glasses and likely won't have one for quite a long while. But that ultimate set still looks really tempting.

19. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    So I was going back over the order of the track list and I'm wondering 2nd if you can clarify something:
    Unless I'm mistaken you didn't actually expand on your addition of 'Flynn Remembers' here and as it doesn't seem to be an official track I'm wondering what musical cue you were putting as the first track...

As for the numerous dvd editions, I'm going for which ever has the most special features.

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  22. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    Hey 2nd did you see this post? Got an answer for me?

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Ah, sorry- my earlier lists clarified that. That's the name of the track used in the lightcycle comic-con teaser. Since that chase is almost certainly set before the movie, and given it's first-teaser status, it seemed an appropriate place- it also makes a good lead-in to The Grid.

It's usually included with the "score samples" collection floating around the internet. It's the only one that is a fully original piece- the others are just shorter variations or earlier versions/combinations of tracks from the actual album (or, in one case, the arrangement of them used in the trailer).

1) Trailer Opening
    2) Flynn Remembers
    3) City Reveal (became "Armory")
    4) Victory (became "Recognizer")
    5) Battle (became "Fall")
    6) Alan Bradley's Message (combination of material)

24. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    Thanks 2nd, I think I did only look over the most recent list of tracks... Didn't even think of going back over the previous lists.

The Uprising trailer looks decent. Shame it's still over a year away

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000