main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph END OF LINE: TRON, Uprising, Legacy & Ares

Discussion in 'Community' started by edgejedi88, Jan 25, 2006.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    That's my mistake- I meant to change that.

Solar Sailer is only used during the credits, it is not used during the actual Solar Sailer sequence- what i suspect to be a reuse of Nocturne (or a similar, original piece) is there instead.

2. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Many thanks again for your great work with the track order.

Rox - I haven't tried the digital download yet, so can't help there.

Watching Legacy again, I noticed that it doesn't have credits at the beginning of the movie a la Star Wars. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but back in the day there was talk about the academy snubbing GL and SW because he refused to incorporate credits at the beginning of the movies. If true, it might explain Legacy's snubs for score and special effects.

3. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I find that hard to believe. Lots of movies these days have most or all their titles at the end and some some of those movies have even won Academy Awards. Lord of the Rings did that and so did Children of Men.

4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, I don't think the lack of opening credits was a contributing factor. The original TRON didn't have any opening credits, either (likely copying the Star Wars mold), so Legacy was mirroring that.

5. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    So, thanks to T2Q, I was updating the previous movie order from a few months ago, and am torn between where to put Sunrise.

20) Derezzed
    21) Fall
    22) Sea of Simulation (launch of the sailer and Quorra's repair)
    23) Sunrise Prelude (bonus track) (during Quorra's recounting of Flynn saving her and the discussion of the sun)
    24) Rectifier
    25) Disc Wars
    26) C.L.U.
    27) Arrival
    28) Flynn Lives
    29) TRON Legacy (End Titles)
    30) Solar Sailer
    31) Finale

or

20) Derezzed
    21) Fall
    22) Sea of Simulation (launch of the sailer and Quorra's repair)
    23) Rectifier
    24) Disc Wars
    25) C.L.U.
    26) Arrival
    27) Flynn Lives
    28) Sunrise Prelude
    29) TRON Legacy (End Titles)
    30) Solar Sailer
    31) Finale

It sounds great in both places where it is used in the movie. It is a great bridge between Sea and Rectifier, but it is also a perfect lead into the end titles.

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    You could always make a duplicate MP3 and have it both places :).

Having to choose, I think I'd prefer to have it after Sea of Simulation, both because this way the orchestral main theme use from Flynn Lives flows well (from a listening perspective, not chronological one) into the End Credits eventual techno version, and because Finale essentially replicates much of Sunrise, so it spaces them out better.

7. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    After looping the sections and listening to it over and over, I agree with you. I'm going to put sunrise after sea.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Now if only the movie had a freaking dvd commentary.

8. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Yes, finally got my Tron Blu-ray, and man does it look amazing! Oh well, guess that's Amazon's free shipping for you. Hm, the disc case looks nice, but its kind of hard to take the discs out. Oh well, its still a nice looking item, and if there's ever another edition with commentary on it then I can get that and put this on a shelf.

So I watched the Next Day feature, put in the codes listed, but just curious if any others have been discovered by now? The rumored Quorra one is probably too much, compared to just Sam's Flynn Lives statement. I remember watching Tron occasionally on TV every now and then, and 80s' Disney movies were always so... different. Not in a bad way, or necessarily good way, but it was a nice change. By the way, has anyone bothered to get that Tron Reconfigured soundtrack? From the samples sounds like its just remixes of Daft Punk's music. Some aren't bad, but don't really see it as necessary.

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    No other easter egg codes have popped up yet. It's been speculated that the Quorra scene is either being held onto for the sequel's viral campaign/teaser trailer or was replaced by Sam in the final version.

The R3configured CD is just remixes to Daft's score (and apparently their manager wasn't happy with Disney about it).

10. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I don't remember if this was brought up before, but it's something I've been thinking about since my 2nd theater viewing. CLU's "page to Alan" idea could've screwed his own plans up a lot quicker had Alan actually responded instead of Sam. Think about the outcome if Rinzler would've encountered Alan-One instead of Sam. I'm pretty sure he would have flipped back to Tron pretty quickly.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Hmm- that'd be very interesting. We have no idea how Tronzler would react since Kevin never told Alan about the Grid. Would Tron maintain his allegiance to Kevin whom he'd "served with" for far longer than Alan-One? Maybe a "where were you, User?" reaction by Rinzler might have occured instead.

Even if he did flip Rinzler (maybe it was a test?)- would it have been enough to stop Clu? Clu did overpower Tron once before, afterall.

12. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    Its kind of an interesting idea, that if Tronzler actually met his User that would awaken his memories earlier. Although Alan probably wouldn't have survived the games at all to meet Rinzler so that's another problem. Not to mention that Alan didn't really know about the Grid at all. Sam knew it from old childhood stories Kevin told him, but doesn't sound like any of Kevin's other friends ever found out (like during the Flynn lives bonus they never knew why Flynn started calling them by their program names). And even if Tron remembered, well, Tron is probably the most skilled warrior on the Grid, but Clu still has more power and strength, so it probably wouldn't have ended well. Or maybe in Flynn's hidden office Alan would've recognized the laser as an old project his girlfriend (wait, I think he got married to Lora?) had been working on and wouldn't have turned it on. Its an interesting idea, but there are many, many different directions the story could've gone, although then that's getting into the realm of fanfic.

Not sure there would've been a "Where were you?" given that Tron's probably been out of contact with Alan for a long while as Tron city was on an isolated server that Alan never accessed. In the Betrayal prequel comic Tron was busy building the city and defending it from random bugs without any mention of Alan-1 (I think).

The page to Alan's pager (which he still had after all these years) could've been deliberate, or it could've just been random. Mainly it was probably just an attempt to change the stalemate Clu and Flynn were stuck in. Clu ruled the system, and was converting programs into his army, but without Flynn's disc, he was still trapped in the system.

I so love subtitles, I could never hear what Flynn and Tron had been talking about before Clu stages his coup. Apparently Flynn always cut his exit close, but then that fits his personality, and normally he should've still made it as long as he didn't lose complete track of time.

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Good idea with the subtitles- I had just been thinking about how I couldn't make out what they were saying prior to "would you quit worrying Tron?".

Alan and Lora did get married, yeah.

And you're right- Alan would know what the Shiva laser was for and wouldn't have sent himself in accidentally- he may have even been able to figure out what happened to Flynn.

That might have been what Clu was expecting ("So it's just you?").

I still think, if Clu could send a page, maybe Clu could send more data, like a backup copy of himself. It wouldn't "be him" or be in the real world beyond computer systems, thus his interest in the disc and getting himself out in material form.

Leaving a digital copy of Clu on Alan's belt, a copy of Flynn around Sam's neck and MCP Papa-D wherever IM'ing Jr.

14. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I think Alan knew about the grid, just not the isolated server that Flynn used for his expirement. there were toys, pillow cases, video games, etc. "in-universe" that dealt with Tron and the grid afterall. Alan certainly knew why he was called Tron.

I think CLU was expecting Alan to show up on the grid and had the guards looking for him when the portal lit up. I'm sure if they found someone that looked like an older Tron they would've brought him to CLU instead of assigning him to the games. Remember, that Sam was unidentifiable and is assigned to the games.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I don't think Alan knew about any of the Grid versions. All those toys and stuff were just based off of Kevin's Tron arcade game(s) that he developed between films based on his experiences in the Grid. Plus, if you take his comments at face value (which I believe you are meant to), Alan's interview in The Day After talks about his Tron nickname without hints that he knew the real story.

16. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    So you don't think that Kevin told Alan and Lora what happened to him while they were at Encom breaking into the system? Interesting...

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    No, I don't- with the time dilation effect, I don't think they would have noticed he was gone anyways.

I think if Alan knew about the Grid, he'd have some clue as to what secret project Flynn was up to (especially with the whole "quantum teleportation, etc" comments) or, at the very last, had some suspicions about what happened to Flynn when he vanished.

It's not like he wouldn't think it relevant to mention that "Flynn briefly disappeared into a virtual computer world a few years ago" at some point.

Now, it's possible Sam told Alan between Legacy and The Next Day- there's something in Alan's attitude that hints he might know (which is why he wants to put Flynn Lives behind them, despite the fresh lead with the page). I almost expect Alan was about to give a truthful answer to Ram's "Why do you think Fkynn gave YOu the cool nickname?".

18. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    Yeah I'm pretty sure Flynn never told Alan about the Grid, or about how their programs look just like their Users. Guess after Flynn took over at Encom, it just became another of his quirks to call them by their program names. Although the others were probably envious that Alan's program became the star of those games and merchandise. When they were talking at the end of the Next Day, there was a comment along those lines.

I'm still curious how much Alan knows. He definitely didn't know about the Grid before, but maybe Sam will tell him, especially if he really is going to change the world, he could use Alan's help (Sam might be the majority stockholder, but Alan seemed like the last of the old crew holding out at Encom) to do that, not to mention explaining where the new girl came from. If there ever is another movie, they already have a young Tron face too. The technology still isn't perfect, but I thought the young face worked mostly well. At the end when he was talking, he could've simply been happy that after several decades "they've taken back the company", which is partially why they don't need the Flynn Lives underground movement anymore, not to mention that Sam has grown up too.

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Didn't he end the first movie calling to Lora and Alan "Greetings, programs!"? That quirk started early it seems, ha.

Yeah, I think that's the real reason he wanted to put Flynn Lives behind them- but there's enough wiggle room there that one might interpret it a little differently.

20. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Saw the movie-excellent-and one thing that stood out for me. It's a good thing programs don't show blood and guts, or else this would've earned an easy R. During the chase scene with the light jets and one of CLU's guards takes a headshot from the cannons. Or during the Games where one program gets his head sliced off.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Even then, that headshot is one of the more brutal ones you're likely to see.

It still surprises me when i remember Legacy was only rated PG- and it likely has to do with the bloodless digital violence.

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    New TRON Uprising trailer- It's actually more of a combination of concept art/animation tests with the DVD/BD preview at the end (though there might be a new shot or two included in there).

24. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Not very impressive.
    Looks more like a proof-of-concept than a movie teaser/trailer.
    Also, why the anime look faces? Is the next installment going to be a cartoon?

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Uprising is a cartoon series debuting on Disney XD later this year/early next year, and tells the backstory to TRON Legacy.