main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph END OF LINE: TRON, Uprising, Legacy & Ares

Discussion in 'Community' started by edgejedi88, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    Agreed.

That's probably why the lightcycle is prominently featured in the trailer.

2. Black-Tiger

Black-Tiger Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2008
    I agree with all the above. Now, unlike in 1982, there will be much more of an audience for this sort of movie with our more techno savvy society.

I also don?t think this is a finished scene, but rather a scene in prototype early stages, especially regarding the CGI, which, quite frankly, I find quite disappointing. I expect, and hope, that this is just a bare bones test stage.

3. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    Considering the technology at our disposal now, this movie should look better than anything that's come before it. The CGI should be out of this world.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    IIRC, the Legacy lightcycle trailer was shot quietly as a proof-of-concept piece to convince Disney to make the movie- which makes it all the more impressive that it looks as good as it does.

5. Deranged_Monkey

Deranged_Monkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2002
    If that's the case, the real deal should be incredible.

6. Black-Tiger

Nov 25, 2008
    Yes, if that?s the case, that this is just a "crude" sample, then the real deal should indeed be quite mind boggling.

7. Deranged_Monkey

Aug 4, 2002
    Everything should be richer and have more depth than the original.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I think I'd be satisfied if the finished product more or less looked the way it does in the trailer (with some slight tweaking for the CGI humans), but if they can top it, all the better.

9. Deranged_Monkey

Aug 4, 2002
    Tron is such a cult classic now. I wonder how a new one is going to be received after so long.

10. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    I actually got to talk to Cindy Morgan, the lady who played Yuri in Tron, at the comic-con last year and she said that there are some legal issues with making another film. But the new video game is the thing to see. She also told me that the graphics artist used her for Tron 2.0, interesting because it's been twenty years later. I didn't recognize her until she told me who she was whilst checking out Tron photos at her stand. She still has a nice figure, but she is older in the face.

The remakes that are being made are bad enough. Let's not encourage them to do more.

I hear you on that one. Hollywood would just screw it up.

11. WormieSaber

Oct 22, 2000
    Well, according to IMDB.com Tron Legacy is due out in theaters exactly one year from now...December 17th!!!
    http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810096458/video/14719967

12. Black-Tiger

Nov 25, 2008
    What with the original movie becoming a cult classic and the new movie on its way I can't fathom why none of the parks have a Tron ride yet?:confused:

13. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Maybe DisneyLand could re-install "The People Mover", which had a Tron tie-in. And while they're at it, rip out their stupid edutopia invention crap-fest and put "America Sings" back in. Or "Mission to Mars".

14. Black-Tiger

Nov 25, 2008
    Only a full on Tron ride would make me happy.

15. Thumpy

Thumpy Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    A Tron movie in 2010! I can't wait!

16. WormieSaber

Oct 22, 2000
    Maybe DisneyLand could re-install "The People Mover", which had a Tron tie-in.

That was actually a cool little ride.

I think the new film and it's success (assuming that it will be successful) will spark some interest in terms of theme park ride at Disneyland.

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    New Trailer is up!

Fantastic. This really stunned everyone in the audience when I saw Alice in Wonderland.

Also, there's a trailer from the VGAs back in the fall for the TRON Evolution game as well.

18. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    Um...WOW! The movie looks uber-cool.

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  20. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    You know, I was beginning to think this was another one of those fan rumors that was all talk and no substance.

Thoughts on the trailer: looks very Matrix-y mixed with BladeRunner, combined with a hint of Terminator.

21. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    SAW THE TRAILER BEFORE IRON MAN!

Sold Out Theater...pretty sure I was the first person to realize what it was.

When they showed Flynn's Arcade Exterior...I cried "Oh Yes, I know what this is!"...the whole theater laughed at me.

I'm so jazzed this is finally happening.

And it looks like they are doing it with the GREATEST of respect for the original, which is what impresses me.

22. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    Now I am going to have to re-watch the original just to make sure I am all caught up.
    The score sounds like cool and the whole movie just looks like so much fun!
    Looking forward to the deadly discs battles. Probably one of my favorite parts of the original movie and video games :-B

23. Jedimarine

Feb 13, 2001
    I curious as to why they decided to make the bikes "open" this time around.

Obviously we have the technology to do it, but the original bikes were enclosures, and I don't see the reason to change it.

it's a small thing, but we'll see.

24. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    I seem to recall reading something suggesting that Lisberger had originally wanted 'open' bikes in the first film, but technology defeated them so they are taking the opportunity to achieve it this time round.

25. Jedimarine

Feb 13, 2001
    Watched the trailer a couple more times.

Something is starting to nag me.

It's almost "too" real.

Perhaps the best thing about the original was the way real people were embedded in an artificial world...it was an intentional statement. The computer world was not the real world.

It's obvious from the trailers they are going for "upgraded" visuals. I just hope things aren't too different.