main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY End of Month/End of Year Update - I know it's a little late :)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth Venom, Jan 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Venom

Darth Venom Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 1999
    BEGIN TRANSMISSION--------------------------

Hello everyone. Sorry for the delay in getting this posted, it's been a hectic 2 weeks for me. Anyway, here we go.

December was a good month for DB516. Some of the highlights are:

Dec. 7th - We participated in a charity fund raiser for Tomorrow's Children's fund. Also, we worked closely with SWNYC, KofP, and the 501st ECG. Overall we met some really cool people, made some new friends, and took the first step in building a good working relationship with other fan groups in the area.

Dec. 14 - Took "Traveling Vader" to the Jones Beack Tower for a photo shoot. It was cold and rainy, but our members came through like the troopers they are.

Dec. 21st - Last meeting of the Year. Finally got to have one of our meetings at the Library Cafe and boy is that a cool place. Many things were discussed and plans were made. I can't wait to see those plans come to fuition.

We also learned some lessons in Dec. Our original Montauk roadtrip got cancelled, but we learned from the experience.

Overall the month was pretty darn good.

As for the "Year", well, since we only became official on Oct. 26th, we haven't even been a club for 3 months. However, we have achieved alot. We participated in a celebrity signing with Rena Owen, we raised money for charity in Nyack, we established friendly relationships with other fanforces, and, most importantly, we increased our membership.

Not bad for 2 months of work. Now, given that we'll be around for ALL of 2003, I can't wait to see what you guys and gals can do.

This will be our year. Everyone has done fantastic work, and it's been paying off. In the words of Obi-wan I can only say "Good Job"

Now let's get to work :)

END TRANSMISSION ---------------------------

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.