main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

End of Star Wars EU?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Colonel_Crespin, Dec 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colonel_Crespin

Colonel_Crespin Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2001
    A friend of mine told me that her brother told her that he read in a magazine that at the end of the NJO, the Vong would win and it would be the end of the EU. I don't think it's true, but has anyone heard about this? Thanks!

2. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Yeah, maybe there's a SNOWFLAKE's chance in HELL that they would reveal the end of the NJO halfway through the series. Maybe George Lucas will announce a few spoilers from the end of Episode III on the news tomorrow, too.

//sarcasm

3. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Yeah, and maybe I'm a Chinese jet pilot.

4. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    NEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEERRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

[Palpatine lighting on Shelly Shaparo (sp)]

:mad: [face_devil]

5. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    By the way, I'm not saying it couldn't or won't happen (but it won't), I'm just saying they wouldn't tell us.

6. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Unlike Mastadge, I'm saying it won't happen. [face_plain] :D

The EU is made up of more than just Del Rey's novel license. Wizards of the Coast has a lot of long-term plans for the next several years, as does Dark Horse Comics and LucasArts.

The NJO may come to an end, but in no way does it mean the EU will end.

We may see a reorganization of Star Wars around the end of the NJO, but for the infinitely more important reason is that this will also be around the time of the end of the movies.

7. Warrior-of-the-Sith

Warrior-of-the-Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2001
    Well, I just heard from my fathers, uncles, mothers, brothers, former room-mates dog that George Lucas would never allow such thing and that you must be smokin' something. :D

8. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Yes yes...Genghis smart...listen to him you must......

For a more seriouse answer: No, this is not true because your friend is a dirty lier who is really a obise fundementalist squirl in disquise as an attractive woman.

9. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    Chissdude, the correct spelling is "obese fundamentalist squirrel".

Mastadge is right. If it were true, they wouldn't reveal it in an obscure magazine halfway through the series. I also wouldn't trust information from a fourth-hand source like that.

10. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    I concur, Dev.

11. Ceifer

Ceifer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    I highly doubt that will happen but if the Vong do end up winning and taking over the SW galaxy that would be totaly awesome. I'm sick of always seeing the good guys win. This is my one problem with all medias of entertainment (mostly movies and books), they always give the false impression that the good guys always win. If fiction wanted to become more non-fiction then it would be the bad guys that always win. In real life, "bad guys" win a lot more then they lose. Think of this saying that I think I saw in a EU novel or maybe somewhere else...
    "If crime really didn't pay then there would very few criminals"

12. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    If I want real life I will watch the news. Give me the good old fashion happily ever after any day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.