main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive End of the empire Celebration, 3-6-09

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by BIEREN, Aug 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Just posted a new pic of the traitors Bail and Leia.

2. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Nice job with Bail and Leia!

AG88

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Holy c@#p, BIEREN--how in the world do you get such perfect likenesses?!? This is fantastic, and I so love the "father/daughter" thing with Leia and Bail--it's wonderful, and so beautifully done! Having the beautiful landscape behind them is a poignant reminder of Alderaan, too--it gave me a little "misty moment" there! It's just beautiful! =D=

FF

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Nicely handled, BIEREN! The likenesses are really great(although Leia's left eye looks a little wonky) and I love how you aged Bail to fit the time period. He comes across as Leia's protector and a reminder that he's always there looking over her. Overall, very nice concept! Keep it up! :)

5. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    Now that you mention it, her left eye does need some attention. The picture I used as a reference was very dark there. I'm still working on it, because I want it to look it's best, even if the image is of two spineless traitors

http://img49.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bailleiaew3.jpg

6. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Still looks great to me, BIEREN!

"I want it to look it's best, even if the image is of two spineless traitors."

:eek:
    [face_laugh];)

Come on...tell us how you really feel about them! [face_laugh]

FF

7. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    Well. Palpatine did end the Clone Wars and bring order to the Galaxy, In addition, Bail and Leia were members of the Senate when they STOLE the DS plans, with the intent on killing everyone on board, regardless of political affiliation, during a sneak attack, How splineless!!!

http://img49.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bailleiaew3.jpg

8. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    :cool: Very cool style you've got there, BIEREN, beautifuly smooth and stylish. I particuly like the likeness of Bail, unmistakeable.=D=

9. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    thank you soitscometothis, great name by the way. The Bail/leia PIC is still a WIP, but it should be done soon.

10. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    Just added something new.

11. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    I completely agree--that was an awesome scene! I love the way you managed to "ghost in" Vader's skeleton, just as we saw in the movie--it helps to show that "light" that Luke seemed to understand all along was still there (and that his dying mother whispered still existed, just before expiring... **sniffle**), standing out against all the darkness and destruction...

Beautiful job!

FF

12. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    As always, thanks Falcon. I posted something new today- got Billy Dee Williams to sign a painting.

13. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    That is pimpin' awesome, BIEREN! Where did ya meet him?

14. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    He was at a convention outside of Boston last week end.

15. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Great job on getting his autograph. How does he look? Is he still his sexy self?

AG88

16. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    [face_laugh]

Words cannot describe how awesome that is! What a great keepsake. Did he make any comments regarding the beautiful painting?

- Suz ^_~

17. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    He said it was "Wonderful"- he is himself a great painter, so it was awesome to hear him say that.
    For 69 he still looks good, I wouldn't say sexy because, well, that's not for me to say.

18. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Gah!! What a great opportunity!! Now you have yet another treasure, BIEREN! I had heard that Billy Dee Williams was an artist, too--very cool that he took a little time to chat with you! And as to the "sexy" thing--he still looks pretty darned good in that photo! ;) Lucky you, to be able to get that painting signed (though it would have been even more cool to have someone take a photo of you, Mr. Williams and the painting together...oh well!)!

FF

19. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    I should have been in the photo, but I just didn't think of it. Oh well, maybe he'll be at Celebrtaion IV.

20. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    You're going to C-IV? Too cool! You'll have to take pictures and share them when you get back! Awesome!

FF

21. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    I will. i just posted a scene from the Revenge of the Sith novel (and script) I wish was in the movie. It is when Qui-Gon speaks to Yoda at the end of the book.

http://img296.imageshack.us/my.php?image=quigonapprentice4webba1.jpg

22. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    I wish they would have kept that scene in also.

Very nice work. Did you do that with PS?

AG88

23. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Ohhh... **heart-tugs**

That's beautiful, BIEREN! I haven't read the novel, so am not up on that exact scene--but the implication is still there from the movie, when Yoda tells Obi Wan that he will, with some "training," be able to commune with his old Master... This is a wonderful image--it really looks like a photo, particularly with the lovely "fading" you've achieved with Qui-Gon. The asteroid field outside is amazing--beautiful handling of the light there. A wonderful image! =D=

FF

24. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    AG88, I drew it first in illustrator then played with it a little in PS. about 98% was done with illustrator.

25. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    =D= =D= =D= Impressive! Qui-Gon is so vivid!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.