main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive End of the empire Celebration, 3-6-09

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by BIEREN, Aug 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    latest work entitled: Vaderkhamun, Sith Portrait of a Pharaoh
    http://img170.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vaderkhamunki1.jpg

2. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    This is awesome! I love Egyptian art and sculpture, and this is a great combination of that with Vader's face-piece! Beautiful colors--it's very rich, and looks just like a sarcophagus from a tomb (...wonder what the Egyptian archaeologists would make of this one...? ;) )! It really looks like the gold that was found in the tombs of kings, with all the inlaid precious stones and gems...just beautiful, and very creative! =D=

BTW...is that a duckie up there...? :confused: ;)

FF

3. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    My....! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I never would have thought that Vader's mask could fit so good into a Pharao's mask. It looks awesome!
    (except that I'm happy the real Pharaos didn't look that way and weren't able to force-strangle their servants...)

Wonderful piece of art! =D= Keep up the good work! :)

4. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    Falcon, i think it is a vulture, I'm not a zoologist, but i don't think there were duckies in ancient Egypt.
    and thank you too, Chilla

5. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    [face_laugh]=D=
    that's really awesome!!!!!!
    BTW I got a new browser, and now I can view all your images without it up and quitting on me.
    I don't have time to give a review for ALL of them, but I just want to say, your pencil/graphite drawings are stunningly realistic, your paintings are spectacular, and then of course there's the ones that are like cartoons almost, and those look absolutely smashing as well!!!! That is some awesome awesome talent you've got!!!!!

6. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    [face_laugh] That is really good! Great job!

AG88

7. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    Woah, great new stuff you have here. The Yoda-Qui piece is very cool, and the Vaderkhamun-- just great, so creative! The only thing I'd mention is that it looked like the right eye was slightly out of alignment :p :) Love your work!

8. Vandalier

Vandalier Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2006
    lol

Another fine addition! The pale black color makes it look like he's actually dead.

However it wouldn't surprise me if he were breathing heavy underneath and terrorizing a (relatively) technologically-advanced civilization.

9. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    Wow! Everyone has been really complimentary about this Vader piece, I?ll have to do more history related stuff.

http://img170.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vaderkhamunki1.jpg

10. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    Just added my Stormtooper entry.

11. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow...

=D=
    :(

This is a wonderful--and contradictory--image, BIEREN: the almost tender gesture of the trooper, stroking his dewback--while the Lars homestead burns in the background... **lip quivers** Incredible tangle of emotion here--and very powerful, too. The detailing on the trooper and his mount is wonderful--great lighting/shadowing on the trooper, especially. Wonderful job! =D=

FF

12. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    I spent some time on this one, but never really got what I wanted, I may yet re-do the trooper....we'll see how my attention span holds on this one.

13. EveyLou

EveyLou Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 1, 2006
    Oh wow your artwork is fantastic =D=

14. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    Thanks Eveylou, I just posted my latest, I hope you guys like it.

http://img334.imageshack.us/my.php?image=syih7.jpg

15. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    LOL!! [face_laugh] Very cute!

AG88

16. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Aw, that's outstanding!

=D=[face_laugh]

I love your sense of humor, BIEREN! ;) This is wonderful: first, because it's such a great portrait our of little green Jedi Master, and second, because you so totally nailed the "Superman Pose" there! Is the symbol from SW, or something you made up...? Just curious--it really doesn't affect the impact of the piece! I love it! =D=

FF

17. EveyLou

Dec 1, 2006

Oh wow he is sooo awesome lol=D=

18. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005

thankyu Falcon and Eveylou, The symbol was mostly from a font of the letter "Y" that I saw, then i drew it in illustrator.

http://img334.imageshack.us/my.php?image=syih7.jpg

19. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005

Does anyone know were I can get a good refferance picture of an Ithorian (Hammerhead). I'm working on a new image and I need an Ithorian....don't we all.

20. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    :cool: OMG, that is awesome beyond words...as well as funny. You painted Yoda's facial features really well and nailed the determined look that we'd see on the Man of Steel himself. Nice work on handling the replacement of the "S" for a "Y".

Does anyone know were I can get a good refferance picture of an Ithorian (Hammerhead).

Any of these help you at all?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ithorian

http://www.decipher.com/youngjedi/cardlists/menaceofdarthmaul/light/images/28ithorianmerchant.gif

- Suz ^_~

21. EveyLou

Dec 1, 2006
    Hi Bieran
    I have found one at the moment that is not all that good but might help it is HERE
    I will keep looking at let you know if i find anything else. The ones i have found that have looked really good for detail etc are all icons or avatars and are at most 150x150 which isnt much good really

22. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    EveyLou and Your_Worshipfulness, thanks for the image links, they will surely help in my latest art piece. Now I just need one of Shaak Ti.

23. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    Just added the latest, Shaak Ti and Roron Corobb fighting General Grievous on a rooftop on Coruscant:

http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=grievouswg8.jpg

24. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Your fight scene with Grievous looks great!

AG88

25. rocketscientist

rocketscientist Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2005
    Oh cool Grievous fight scene!

=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.