END OF YEAR CHANGES VOTING THREAD. Results are in. Please note the changes. Thanks!

Discussion in 'Arkansas' started by hyperspace_police, Dec 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Jun 22, 2005
    star 4
    The list below was what was discussed at the end of year meeting on Saturday, Dec. 30th. Please scroll down and look for the red writing for the topics to be voted on posted by AGRadministrator. PM your votes to AGRadministrator by no later than midnight on January 10th. Results will be posted in this thread on January 11th. Thank you for your cooperation.

    Edit: Changes to be made that won't be voted on are as follows:

    1. The fan force is going to go back to being first and foremost a FAN FORCE. This is not to say that we won't do any costuming, just that it's not the focus
    of our group. If you want hard core costuming, join 501st, Rebel Legion, or Jedi Assembly since that is why these costuming groups are out there. If you don't
    want to join one of these groups, we are working on establishing relations with these groups where fan force costumers are always welcomed at their events.
    The other purpose is to have meetings and opportunity to hang out for people who don't want to costume without feeling pressure to have a costume.

    2. Removal of the "Inner Council" clause from the by-laws (since this was supposed to be done last year...oops[face_worried])

    3. Any officer found guilty of flaming will be asked to step down. (This is a no-brainer...)

    4. Establishing relationships with 501st, Rebel Legion, and Jedi Assembly to work together on coordination of events within the state to avoid situations where members of these groups don't have events that conflict with Fan Force events. This will be established by the new officers elected at the end of the month.

    5. All event suggestions will go through the PR person. They will then contact the people who want an appearance and get the information and make sure that
    there is something for us to do at the event. They will put out a "feeler" for member interest and availability. If there is enough interest and enough members
    who can attend, then the PR person will post the event on the forums. This is to keep board congestion down and to remove confusion and conflict with even scheduling.

    6. If a member continually comes to an event that is a charity based event without contributing to the event in some fashion that member will be asked
    not to participate in the event. We don't do this for publicity or to get on tv, radio, or our name in the newspaper. We do this for the kids whose faces
    light up when they see a Stormtrooper or Jedi who get that chance at that once in a lifetime photo and to give back to our community. If we are continually
    showing up at charity events not participating in the charity part, it makes the entire group and Star Wars Community look bad. There are plenty of things
    to go to in your costume that don't involve charity organizations.

    7. Closely related to the above. If we meet at a restaurant, even if you choose not to eat there but come and sit with us anyway, please contribute to the tip.
    We are probably going to be there for awhile and the space we take up would probably seat 4 to 5 different people at under normal circumstances. The wait staff
    usually depends on tips to make up the difference for making less than minimum wage, so lets be sure that we show respect and tip them. It doesn't have to be
    a lot just the effort. Also, if a member decides to feed the whole group, same thing, we are taking up space that is the wait persons income. Please contribute to the tip. Members who repeatedly refuse to contribute to the tip will be asked not to attend these types of group outings. We want to leave a restaurant with them having a positive view of the Arkansas Fan Force, not a negative one.

    If I have missed anything that we decided on, please pm me or post here on this thread.

    Thanks

    Bacon.



    Members in attendance at the meeting:
    Nyborg13, ShadowScout04, hyperspace_police, jaira, astiateu, ti7267, forceconduit, macnsolo, adakar, kynstar, nlrtrooper, wreyleaderzor, tamotiger.




    Ok. Here goes the list thus far. Remember, what we dec
  2. Nyborg13 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jun 28, 2004
    star 3
    One concern that was made to me from a member.
    Please forgive my wording but I cant think of another and its the words they used.


    But there concern was about freeloaders so to speak one example was;

    At Toy Hill there was a few that had known about it for some time and yet they didnt bring any toys or brought somthing small makeing no real effert.

    I know we where there to work but we should still make an effert to help out the cause where there for

    Then when John took everyone out to eat afterwards and payed it was noticed that again serton people didnt even leave a tip.

    Ok most people should have thought that as long as the event was going to last that they probably would stop and eat somewhere. Even McDonald's would have cost $5 so leaveing the waiter of a free meal just a couple of bucks wouldnt have been bad
  3. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Jun 22, 2005
    star 4
    The list above has been edited.

    Thanks for adding that Nyborg.
  4. AGRadministrator Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Dec 3, 2006
    The meeting is going on...

    And so far it's peaceful....we're having a great discussion...

    Wish you were here...

    Later

    Bacon
  5. AGRadministrator Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Dec 3, 2006
    PM your Vote of yes or no to AGRadministrator by midnight on the 10th of this month. You may vote only once
    on each one and only under your main user name. All members are eligible to vote on the following. However, any member
    found voting under a "sock" will have their vote under the sock and their main user name removed. IP addresses can be
    checked by a mod if we suspect abuse of the voting system for these changes. Members without access to this site will be
    voting via email to hyperspace_police. Any questions or concerns, pm either AGRadministrator, Nyborg13, or hyperspace_police.


    1. Attendance requirement for officers changed to 50% of meetings and events for All Officers. This is to allow those who
    choose to run for an office to have a life outside of our happy Star Wars family and have time to spend with their families.

    2. Amending the by-laws to cover the situation a member is placed on suspension from another Lucasfilm sanctioned group (501st, Rebel
    Legion, Jedi Assembly) will be placed on suspension from costumed events with this group. Circumstances surrounding the
    suspension will be taken into consideration and it would be on a case by case basis. The point is that if they have done something
    significant enough to be suspended from costuming with one of these groups then they don't need to be costuming with fan force
    during their suspension.

    3. Making the voluntary dues mandatory. These will be 12.00 per year (same as the voluntary dues) and will have perks. The perks will
    depend on how many people pay their dues and will most likely include a t-shirt.

    4. Changing eligibility to run for office to a percentage of attendance based on length of membership and the discretion of the current
    officers. This is to allow members who may have joined during the year who have been at most events since they joined. This allows those
    who have found the group one way or the other and have shown a commitment to the group to have the opportunity to serve the group in an
    office if they so desire.

    5. This is not a yes or no thing, but since we are taking the fan force back to being a fan force and trying to establish a set time for
    monthly get together/meetings please include what is the best time for you, for example Friday or Saturday. Second Friday of the month, you
    get the idea.

    Thanks for taking the time to vote and check back on the 11th for the results.
  6. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Jun 22, 2005
    star 4
  7. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Jun 22, 2005
    star 4
    Bump.

    Remember any member can vote at any time...

    Vote once, under your normal user name.

    Results will be posted here on the 11th.
  8. Lavenderrose73 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Nov 2, 2005
    star 3
    Check! Voted when I was in California.

    @};-
  9. AGRadministrator Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Dec 3, 2006
    As of right now we have 10 people that have casted votes for the above changes. You have untill the end of today to cast your vote if you havent already.


    Also remember that you have untill the 15th of this month to run for office.
  10. AGRadministrator Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Dec 3, 2006
    With 11 votes in and the counting done. The easy results are as follows:
    YES to everything
    And as for the meeting day. The vote was 9 to 2 in favor of Saturdays for the meetings. There was a request that it be the third Saturday of the month. We can finalize this at our next meeting.
  11. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Jun 22, 2005
    star 4
    If you want to be considered for an office and the change in allowing people to run even though they haven't
    been a member for a year applies to you please post your intent or pm me or Nyborg or AGRadministrator and the
    officers will look over your attendance and let you know if you qualify to run.

    Also, remember to run you need to have paid your dues of 12.00.

    So far, the following members have paid their dues.

    Otisdodge and QueenMomadila
    nlrtrooper and wreyleaderzor
    hyperspace_police and
    tamotiger

    You can go ahead and post your intent to run but your dues must be paid by the 30th (preferably at the meeting) to
    be allowed to be on the ballot.

    Thanks
    Bacon
  12. Lavenderrose73 Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Nov 2, 2005
    star 3
    How can I pay besides at a meeting, can I just take the money over to Conduit since he lives in my complex and ask him to forward it to Police?

    @};-
  13. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

    Chapter Rep
    Member Since:
    Jun 22, 2005
    star 4
    You can just catch me at a meeting. It's not a big rush thing.

    Bacon
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.