main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ENDED "The Sacred Silence" a NJO, SBS, Han/Leia, Anakin/Tahiri, Jania/Kyp AU; Han can use the Force

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Princess1, Jul 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    ok, heres another post! :)

Luke set a small ball on the table and turned to Han.

"Now,"he said"close your eyes, and try and pick up the ball."

Han closed his eyes and reached out with a hand and picked up the ball, tossing it up and down in his hand and gave Luke a mischevouse smile. "Hey kid, well that wasen't so hard, whats next?"

Luke sighed in flusteration,"Han I meant pick it up with the force."

Han gave him a innoccent look, the type that Han seemed to specialize in."Then why didn't you say so?"

Luke was trying to be patient, but it was clear that Han still didn't want to face up to the fact that he needed to be trained. Luke had a feeling Han just wasen't used to having anyone having anything to teach him that he didn't already know. Or at least thought he already knew. This was something compltely differnt. So Luke would just have to try and be patient. Try.

"Han, this time, close your eyes, and simply feel, not think, feel the ball, feel the table, and try to bring the ball to you."

Luke took the ball back and set it on the table.

And waited.

Han knew he was being uncoperative, but he couldn't help it. The very idea of useing the force terrorified him.

It had always been Luke, Leia, his kids, everyone else but him who had had deal with this. He'd seen moral delemia's tear apart his son Jacen,his wife Leia struggling to define who she even was, he'd seen Luke walk around his whole life as if he carried the world on his sholders, he'd seen Jania and Anakin forced to grow up far to soon. He'd seen countless others, his friend Kyp for one, go to the dark side, and then reaturn, but forever having to live with that memory. And he'd seen what could happen if the dark side took control. That person could turn against anything, or anyone.

He was afraid of what could happen if he dared to use the force. He was afraid of what had already happend. He'd nearly hurt Leia.

Then he realized that he had drifted off into thought and Luke was still waiting for him to try and lift the ball.

"Sorry." he mumbled, and closed his eyes, and feeling rather silly, lifted his hand.
    He tried to do as Luke said, and feel the ball, the table, everything, but he felt was boredom over this whole thing.

Then his mind began to drift, thinking of other things he'd much rather be doing. He could be working on the Falcon, he could..... Suddenly Leia's face drifted into his mind. Now that was the only good thing that had come of this whole force thing. What he and Leia had been able to share, the ability to share things that before had been only felt, and unable to translate into words was more wonderful then anything he could amagine.

He'd never been good at putting his feelings into words, and suddenly, he'd been able to tell Leia what he'd always wanted to, but never could.How very much he loved her.... And he'd realized how much she really loved him, and if possible, it had made their love even stronger. If only Leia was here right now......

Luke had been watching Han in silence, giving him sometime, know it was best for any jedi student to try things on their own at first, then he could find out how much they already knew, or what they needed help with most.

Plus he knew that Han didn't deal well with instructions. So he simply waited. He watched Han's face, and felt his emotions through the force go from deep contemplation, to sorry, to concentration as he tried to lift the ball, to boredom, and then some expression of remembered happiness and intense longing.....
    But for what he did not know.

Suddenly the door slid open with a crash, and Han's eyes snaped open, and Luke turn quickly for the door.

It was Leia, looking as if she had run the whole way.

"Leia, what is it?" asked Luke, afraid something might be wrong.

Leia hesitated for a moment, and then said,"Well, I was doing some reasearch, and then I suddenly felt like I had to be here...."

She turned and gazed at Han strait in the eyes,"With you." she whispered, and came over to

2. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Great Post!

3. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    Go Han! find that little jedi deep down inside.

Jez

4. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    Thanks HanSolo and Kab! Another post tonight! :)

5. Jedi-Tahiri-Solo

Jedi-Tahiri-Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    GREAT POSTS!!! I love this fic!! Get an Anakin and Tahiri moment in there soon!! :)

6. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Another great one, Princess! :)

I loved how Han thought of Leia and she hered him.

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Great post! Keep it up! :)

8. Anakin_1984

Anakin_1984 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2001
  9. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    Thanks so much everyone! I'm so sorry its taken me so long to post, for some reason I couldn't seem to get the message boards to let me post last night.

Tahiri sat beside Anakins body in the cool, dark room where he had been put, the only light comming from a dim glow lamp hung from the ceiling.

Now that she knew he was alive, or well, if not alive, at least not dead, she couldn't bear to leave his side.

The first thing he had said when he spoke was her name, not his parents, not his sisters, but hers. She could hardly believe it, but it was true. He broke his silence of death when she spoke, to say her name......

Of course that was not all he had said, he had sad he was lost. What could that mean? Before this, she had always thought that life was life, death was death, nothing in between. Besides the spirits of jedi master Skywalker had seen, but even those spirits were still dead. But not Anakin. Anakin was..... Well, frankly she didn't know.

She turned around quickly when she heard the door open.

It was Mara and Luke.

"Tahiri,"said Luke gently,"Staying here won't help him."

"But I can't leave him! What if he wakes up agian?"

Mara laid a hand on her sholder, balanceing Ben on her hip with the other hand. "Please Tahiri, at least go and get some rest, eat something, he won't fade away if your gone a few minutes, he's lasted this long."

Tahiri still stayed stubborningly sitting in her place. But in her heart she knew Mara was right. So she sighed and came to her feet,"Alright, but only for a little while."

Mara smiled at her and gave her sholder a squeeze and turned to go. But Ben squirmed in her arms. "No, stay!"

"Ben, its alright, we'll come sit here with Tahiri later."

"No, you, me stay, now.."

Mara was about to scold him, but then had a sudden feeling he was right.

Ben squirmed insistently. And Mara turned to Luke with a apologetic smile on her face,"Well it looks like Ben and I will be staying here. We'll watch Anakin until you and Tahiri reaturn."

Luke shrugged,"Oh, ok, well, I'll talk to you later."

Luke and Tahiri left, Tahiri looking over her sholder until they were out the door.

Mara set Ben down on the floor and sat down in Tahiri's empty chair, Ben in her lap.

They sat in complte silence, Mara feeling rather silly for some reason. She was just about to give up, despite the feeling that if she left she would miss something important.

She got up to leave when Ben grabbed her arm and sat,"Wait, listen."

She stopped and heard a faint voice. Anakin was speaking. She leaned over Anakin, trying to catch his words.

They came, breathed in barely a whisper.

"Can't find......Home. Others here, warning.... Vong...."

And then he was silent again.

Mara sat back in her chair, stunned into silence.

Others? What others? Warning? What did all this mean? Whatever it was, it was obviously important. She shuddered to think that she would have left and missed Anakins words if Ben had not prevented her. How had Ben known?

He was lost, drifting, unable to get back, unable to leave, held by some invisible thread.

But he was not alone.

There were others, drifting shadows of people. Many floated by, all differnt, but yet all the same, all with the same greiving lost expression.

He felt confused, disorentated, where was he? Was he alive? Was he dead?

But then he felt, or rather, sensed a featherly light touch. Her turned, and saw a Twi'lek female, a jedi he had once know, but she had dissapeared.

It was Alema Rar. She spoke in a echoing, distant voice.

"Anakin, you must warn them, the Vong, they did this."

She showed him the scars down the sides of her head and face.

"They will do it to others, they will destory everything. If they suchceed, they will....."

But she was fading out, and uttered one last word before she dissapeared,"The Vong....."

And then they all dissapeared, all of them with their greaiving faces. And he was alone agian.

But he followed the thread back home, as

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Great post! :)

11. Jez_3-14159265358979

Aug 13, 2001
    ok... what's up with Ben? he's acting just a little wierd.

Jez

12. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    HanSolo:Thanks! :)

Jez: Sorry, did I confuse you? Yea, it does seem like he's acting kinda weird, but it will be make make sense later on in the story, its pretty important.

But I'll give you a hint....

(spoiler comming, if you don't want to know, don't read this)

Spoiler: If you've read the jedi academy trilogy, think about how Jacen and Jania, the children where the only ones who could hear Luke. Well, there have always been theorys out there that children have always had more of a connenction, less of a distance between them what many other people would refer to as amaginary. Perhaps their innoccence and lack of preconception, pre conceived ideas? Perhaps they can see things others cannot?

Ok, sorry, I guess thats kinda out there, but it is a hint. Anyway, another post tonight or tomarrow. :)

13. Trila-SkySolo

Trila-SkySolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    Awesome post Princess! I just caught up. I missed like 3 posts!

warn them? Vong? What?

C'mon Anakin find your way home!

14. Morrighan

Morrighan Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2002
    This Godess likes this fic. It's well written.

She demands more ;) Can't let a Godess waiting!

15. Trila-SkySolo

Jul 21, 2002
    A Goddess waiting!?! Pricess u better get posting before the Goddess gets mad! AHH! lol

16. Anakin_1984

Anakin_1984 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2001
  17. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    Thanks so much Trila and Anakin 1984!

Morrighan: Thanks, I really apreciate being told that, knowing my readers think its well written means alot. The goddess demands? Well, I certainly better obey then! Wouldn't want to get the goddess mad, no telling what might happen..... So, more soon, but not tonight, but tomarrow!

I'm afraid even the goddess must wait till then. ;)

18. Jez_3-14159265358979

Aug 13, 2001
    OHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

::hits herslef in the head::

The Jedi Academy Trilogy is one of my favorites.

Jez

19. Runaway_Shadow

Runaway_Shadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Wowies I missed something! But I'm back now. That were some awsome posts! More soon?

20. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    I'm sooooo sorry everyone! I meant to post last night, and then for some reason I couldn't get unto the message boards! There was this stupid, "malfunction" message that kept comming up, and then when I tried earlier today, our power went out. I think the force has turned agianst me or something. ;)

But anyway, I'm here now, with a post, short, but still a post. Late but worth the wait huh? ;)

Jez: Lol, thats ok, glad your unconfused now. The Jedi Academy trilogy is one of my favorites to. :)

Runaway shadow: You don't mind if I just call you shadow do you? Its easier.Thanks, and anyway, welcome back! Yep, this story is moving kinda fast, alot happening. As you asked, more soon. :)

Jania strode into the woods, leaving Kyp behind. But she couldn't leave her anger and guilt behind. She felt very guilty for hurting Kyp, she'd seen the tender look on his face, tenderness directed twoards her, and then she'd shoved it back in his face.

Why had she done that? What was she trying to do? She vilolently kicked a stone out of the path, putting all of her pent up flusteration into the kick. She didn't know what she was trying to do! That was the problem! Then she bit her lip and mumbled a curse under her breath, ouch, that had hurt. She'd kicked the stone a bit to hard and hurt her foot. Her uncle Luke would have said that was the price of anger.

But she wasen't sure she agreed with her uncle Luke about everything anymore. She wasen't sure about much of anything any more. She was so confused. And Kyp just seemed to get her more confused.

Why did it seem like everything in life was so confusing any more? When she'd been a child, everything had been so much simpler...

Suddenly she stopped. She'd reached a clearing in the forest, a clearing made by her wrecked x-wing.

She stared up at it, lodged in the branch's a little ways above her head. The wings were twisted by the tree's, as if they didn't know how to go strait anymore, as if they were to confused to know which way was strait, which way was right any more.

Just like her.

Without really knowing why, she climbed the tree, favoring her injured ankle slightly, but ignoring the minor pain. When she reached the x-wing, she ran her hand along its nose, feeling the cool, familar metal under her hand.

Then she felt a slight roughness along its nose. What was that? She looked at it, and saw it was a faint pattern of scratchs. It seemed to be writing.....

She leaned closer to read it. In crooked letters, scrached along the metal, it said, "Hey sis, don't break to many of your own piloting records today...."

Suddenly tears welled up in her eyes, but she was half smiling through her tears. Anakin had wrote that, he had said it would be a good luck charm for her, more luck to add to that already famous Solo luck. He had scratched it there right before she went on a dangerous mission, and of all her x-wings, this one had surrivived the longest, never wrecking until now.

It had stopped surviving when the writer of those words was also dead.....

Then those tears that had welled up in her eyes spilled over, and she was unable to stop them. Anakin was dead, Jacen was deadd, Chewebacca was dead, why did they all have to die? She hated this war! Hated it for killing those that she had loved.

And her tears fell on the smooth dura steel of her ship and dripped down, making those crooked letters shimmer......

And that was how Kyp found her, when he'd finnaly went into the forest to find her, worried about why she was gone so long.

But he felt like a intrusion on her greif would be unwelcome. She hadn't reacted well to any closeness on his part before, why shoudl she now? So he gave her one last lingering glance, whishing he could help her, and left as silently as he came.

But his heart was back in that clearing, back where he'd left her. Because that was where he wished he could be.

21. padme-96

padme-96 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    great story.

is it to soon to ask for more

22. Trila-SkySolo

Jul 21, 2002
    So sad. Too bad Jaina doesn't know that Anakin is not dead just lost.

23. Runaway_Shadow

Runaway_Shadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Wowies, nice chapter! Poor Jaina.

I don't mind. You can call me RS too if that's easier!

24. Jez_3-14159265358979

Aug 13, 2001
    KYP go back to Jaina!!!! She needs you!!!!!!

Jez

25. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Awesome post! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.