main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ENDED "The Sacred Silence" a NJO, SBS, Han/Leia, Anakin/Tahiri, Jania/Kyp AU; Han can use the Force

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Princess1, Jul 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_bounty

jedi_bounty Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2002
    Mara! Ben! Be safe!

I really feel bad for Mara. But it sounds like the Vong are going to be found soon thanks to Ben.

I want to see some more Bressel though! Or maybe some K/J make up. You know,

"I'm sorry Kyp."

"So am I Jaina."

Then they hug and everything's good. :p Fat chance though, with Jaina and all.

So, you got to go see POTC when it came out! That's cool, I had to wait until the second day it had been at the local theater. But I'm happy, I'm going again tomarrow with another friend. Then I have this other friend who might not be able to go, so I might just get another good excuse to go again. :)

I agree with all you said about the characters. [face_love] I didn't think I'd like Jack Sparrow a whole lot, but I loved him! He's not as cute as Orli, but he's so hilarious! [face_laugh] I also really liked Kiera Knightly's character. She was so pretty and strong willed. A truly awesome lady. But the best part was, I must admit, seeing William Turner, otherwise known as Orlando Bloom. I loved seeing him swordfighting and all! The wet shirt wasn't bad either...

Great post!

JB

2. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Yes be safe Ben and Mara.

I almost didn't get to see PotC on opening night. The one theatre was sold out, they only had it showing on one theatre, bad move I think. The other theatre had been out of power cause of a lot of storms in our area but they got it back and on in time for the first showing that night, so we got to see it. I'm going again Tuesday with my best friend, and who needs an excuse to go see it? My best friend and I went together with my mom, and now we are going to go again. :D

~~Jilly

3. padme-96

padme-96 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    uppidy uppidy up

4. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    be safe, benny-schnookums!

more soon please?

-JSD

5. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    more tomarrow! :D

6. duskwings

duskwings Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    Hatred, fear, anger, agony, a broken heart...
    Hmm . . . a broken heart . . . I wouldn't think of Jacen's heart as broken, at least in the traditional sense--he didn't lose a girlfriend or anything, but his soul was broken down into bits and destroyed utterly, so in that sense his heart is broken . . . hmm . . . *looks pensive*

Mara and Ben had better not get hurt! :mad: 8-}

Great post, as suspenseful as usual. :D Of course, you never seem to relieve the suspense--you just build it up more and more . . . ;)

-duskwings

7. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    [face_shocked] :mad: 8-} You're doing it again? When are we ever going to see some happy, care free posts? ;)

8. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    jedi bounty: Thanks! :D Be safe? Anyone be safe? In my story? [face_shocked] whereever would you get such a idea? :p lol, j/k, of course some people are safe, its just hard to tell who until the end. You have it right about Mara and Ben though. Poor Mara, poor Ben. :( Well, the next post is a Bressal one, but I'm afraid I can't oblidge with the K/J make up. No simple 'I'm sorry' in this story! :D Yep, I got to see Pirates of opening night, it was great. I adored Orlando, but I knew I would. I liked Jack Sparrow more then I thought I would though, he was hilarious, I about died laughing some of the time. I've never seen anyone look so either perpetually drunk, or sunstroked. :p

Jilly: Thanks! :D I see everyone agrees about Mara and Ben today. Yikes! I would have been sooooo mad if I didn't see Pirates on opening night, I'd been waiting for that movie ever since I heard about it being made. Glad you got to see it though, talk about bad luck, power out, only one screen.....were they crazy? The theater I went to played it on three screens, and it was still selling out! lol, amen to that statement! Don't need a excuse to see it again and again and again....I've seen it twice, will hopefully see it again when it comes to my local theater. :D

padme 96: Thanks! :D

JSD: I think we can safely say Mara would echo that statement. :p Thanks, heres more! :)

duskwings: Very sad passage huh? Kinda creepy in my opinion....But you got it right, thats exactly what kind of broken heart I meant. A loss of hope, a loss of life, this one and the next...(shudder) how horrorable. Glad you liked the post, and yes, it was suspenseful. I loooveeee suspense! :D And the kind that keeps on building and building, never letting up till the end, thats the best kind. :p Thanks, heres more! :D

elfsheen: (looks around, puzzled) happy? Carefree? As in no drama? [face_shocked] never heard of that kind of post. :p Lol, but seriously, I know I sort of lay on the drama, and it stays that way until the very very end of the story....Thanks, heres more. :D

sorry its short, I'm in a bit of a rush. But still, its more Bressal, just as you've all been asking. :D

In the moments of the General's stunned shock, Bressal acted.

Swinging her feet over the edge of the bed, ignoring the naseua that swam in her stomach, she snapped up the binders that had once bound her wrist and hit Wedge across the face.

He stumbled backwards, blood streaming from his nose.

To his credit, he did not cry out, even as a grimace of pain crossed his face. He fumbled behind him with the experience of a old fightening man, grabbing the first weapon that came to hand. It turned out to be her metal meal tray.

He swung at her, and Bressal didn't even try to counter the blow.

She was swift and agile, but her pregnancy had severly cut down on her agility. Even at her best her small size kept her from matching the sheer power in a man's swing.

So she didn't even try.

Ducking under his swing, the tray missed her and hit the wall with a resounding clatter.

Internally, Bressal cringed. Someone was sure to hear that.

Okay, so she'd just have to hurry. There was no contimplating failure. Surely she could past one man. Never mind that getting off the capital ship might be a bit more difficult....

While the General was still unbalanced from his swing, Bressal made as if to dive for the door.

In response he reached for the alarm button on the wall.

He never got there.

For instead of going for the door, Bressal had gone behind him, fliping the binders around his neck.

Doing so effectivly arrested further movement, the slightest foreward motion by him pulled the chain tighter, cutting off air supply.

A trick, a dirty trick at that.

She didn't care. If she'd fought fair, she would have lost.

"I wouldn't do that."

She murmured in his ear as she pulled the chain between the binders a bit tighter.

"A alarm would be rather inconvientent--for both of us. You would stop breathing, and I would be in jail. So lets

9. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    jedi bounty: Thanks! :D Be safe? Anyone be safe? In my story? [face_shocked] whereever would you get such a idea? :p lol, j/k, of course some people are safe, its just hard to tell who until the end. You have it right about Mara and Ben though. Poor Mara, poor Ben. :( Well, the next post is a Bressal one, but I'm afraid I can't oblidge with the K/J make up. No simple 'I'm sorry' in this story! :D Yep, I got to see Pirates of opening night, it was great. I adored Orlando, but I knew I would. I liked Jack Sparrow more then I thought I would though, he was hilarious, I about died laughing some of the time. I've never seen anyone look so either perpetually drunk, or sunstroked. :p

Jilly: Thanks! :D I see everyone agrees about Mara and Ben today. Yikes! I would have been sooooo mad if I didn't see Pirates on opening night, I'd been waiting for that movie ever since I heard about it being made. Glad you got to see it though, talk about bad luck, power out, only one screen.....were they crazy? The theater I went to played it on three screens, and it was still selling out! lol, amen to that statement! Don't need a excuse to see it again and again and again....I've seen it twice, will hopefully see it again when it comes to my local theater. :D

JSD: I think we can safely say Mara would echo that statement. :p Thanks, heres more! :)

duskwings: Very sad passage huh? Kinda creepy in my opinion....But you got it right, thats exactly what kind of broken heart I meant. A loss of hope, a loss of life, this one and the next...(shudder) how horrorable. Glad you liked the post, and yes, it was suspenseful. I loooveeee suspense! :D And the kind that keeps on building and building, never letting up till the end, thats the best kind. :p Thanks, heres more! :D

elfsheen: (looks around, puzzled) happy? Carefree? As in no drama? [face_shocked] never heard of that kind of post. :p Lol, but seriously, I know I sort of lay on the drama, and it stays that way until the very very end of the story....Thanks, heres more. :D

sorry its short, I'm in a bit of a rush. But still, its more Bressal, just as you've all been asking. :D

Swinging her feet over the edge of the bed, ignoring the naseua that swam in her stomach, she snapped up the binders that had once bound her wrist and hit Wedge across the face.

To his credit, he did not cry out, even as a grimace of pain crossed his face. He fumbled behind him with the experience of a old fightening man, grabbing the first weapon that came to hand. It turned out to be her metal meal tray.

She was swift and agile, but her pregnancy had severly cut down on her agility. Even at her best her small size kept her from matching the sheer power in a man's swing.

So she didn't even try.

Ducking under his swing, the tray missed her and hit the wall with a resounding clatter.

Okay, so she'd just have to hurry. There was no contimplating failure. Surely she could past one man. Never mind that getting off the capital ship might be a bit more difficult....

While the General was still unbalanced from his swing, Bressal made as if to dive for the door.

He never got there.

For instead of going for the door, Bressal had gone behind him, fliping the binders around his neck.

Doing so effectivly arrested further movement, the slightest foreward motion by him pulled the chain tighter, cutting off air supply.

"I wouldn't do that."

She murmured in his ear as she pulled the chain between the binders a bit tighter.

"A alarm would be rather inconvientent--for both of us. You would stop breathing, and I would be in jail. So lets

10. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001

So she didn't even try.

He never got there.

"I wouldn't do that."

11. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    YIKES! Triple post, what the heck happend????!!!!!!!!

Weired, sorry about that.

12. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Woohoo such a great post Jen. :D

~~Jilly

13. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jul 3, 2002
    Woooo...go Bressal! Don't hurt our Wedgey though...go find Ganner, girl!

-JSD

14. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Oh wow! Don't hurt Wedge...too much ;)

Go Bressal!

15. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
  16. duskwings

Jan 10, 2003
    Wow! Bressal's a really good fighter. :D I hope she doesn't hurt Wedge too much, though--they are on the same side, after all. ;) Yay! Bressal can finally head to the planet and reunite with Ganner. :D

Anyways, great post! :D

-duskwings

17. GodofDeath

GodofDeath Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    Darnit, I desperately need to catch up on reading posts here, my appologies. (Rather busy with work, hence too little time.) But I'm reading them, I'll post comments as soon as I can and entirely caught up with them. :)

Edit: Well caught up on reading the past posts. Great writing Jen! :) I especially liked the scenes regarding Kyp and Jaina and those with Bressal (some great one-liners there). Very promesing for the next chapters! :)

18. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    Jilly: Thanks! :D Heres the next post...and yes, I know its been awhile, but darth-computer spent all last week refusing to let me load the JC. It was really weired. :p

JSD: Thanks! :D Lol, she's going shes going..Bressal is on her way! :p Don't worry to much about Wedge, a I suspect his dignity is more damanged then the rest of him. :p

elfsheen: Thanks! :D Lol, don't hurt him, 'to much'? Your a blood thirsty girl. :p Actualy since your reading one of my stories, its perfectly reasonable to assume tragedy. ;) Anyway, thanks again, heres the next post!

duskwings: Thanks. :) Yea, Bressal is good, but she'd have to be, as a peace brigader, and bounty hunter, she wouldn't have lived long other wise. Of course, her prenancy did make things more difficult then usual. Wedge has probably definitly learned his lesson: never underestimate a woman, especially a red head! :p

Nicky: Yea, your back! :D :D :D :D Thats okay, I tottaly understand about work, I've been working alot to and haven't updating only about three times a week anyway. (naughty me ;) ) Anyway, soooo glad your back, I'll be updating alot more lately, since this story is getting really really really close to done. And this time I mean it. Even though I know I've said it before, lol.... :p Thanks so much, glad you liked the Kyp and Jaina scenes, there is sooo much potential for drama with those two! And bressal and ganner, I really enjoy writing them as well. Heres the next post, and more on its way very soon, tomarrow in fact. :)

Ben's pace on his short little legs made the going very slow, even with the relative lack of underbrush.

The pain that still swam through the air made it seem even slower, for Mara could not shake the feeling that she was following Ben strait into disasster.

The singleminded way in which Ben toddled and crawled was rather unerving. It was as if he followed a clearly laid out path, like a big yellow arrow pointed in the right direction.

Yet she could see nothing, feel nothing to pinpoint the destination. Only the oppresive pain, and it was so great, so overwhelming, yet utterly unfocused. It was impossible to discover the site through it.

So she had no choice but to follow her young son, in a rather ironic reversal of the role of parent and child.

In what was in reality a short span of time, Ben came to a halt at the edge of another clearing. A clearing of sorts anyway.

He plopped down on his bottom, point at the ruins. "Look mama. Here."

She looked.

It was something less then a clearing, more of a break in the trees, a place where civilzation had once tried to master the forest, and was now failing.

Yet somehow it was compltely unimpressive. A profound sense of relief, mixed with a strange sense of let-down filled Mara as she stared at the ruin. The remnats of one anyway.

It was nothing more then a ragged half circle little more then perhaps six to eight feet in diameter, pale creamy stone crumbling, sometimes head high, sometimes knee high, or even just a bare sprinkling of stone fragments on the ground.

Green vines were wrapped all around it in a strangle hold, almost obscuring the stone in many places.

The forest was definitly winning the battle.

"See Ben? Nothing here, its not big enough to hide anything. We can go back now."

As she spoke, Mara looked down twaords Ben, smiling weakly.

Even that weak smile faded into oblivion at the sight of Ben, who was no longer sitting on the ground, but heading off a resolute pace twaords the edge where the half circle ruins crumbled away compltely.

"Ben!" She said, hurrying after him,"come back now."

"Nope, not come, look." came his addament reply.

Mara gave a rather brittle little laugh, hurrying after him as he dissapeared around the edge of the ruins.

"Come on Ben, sweetie. This isen't funny, I-"

Mara abrubtly stopped talk, for as she rounded the corner, Ben was gone.

The half circle stood utterly empty except for her, it was even clear of debry and planet life.

It was dead.

And there was ab

19. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
  20. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jul 3, 2002
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh....UP!

-JSD

21. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Great post Jen!

~~Jilly

22. duskwings

Jan 10, 2003
    [face_shocked] Oh, no! What happened to Ben? Did he somehow find an entrance into the Vong base below? If her did, how is he going to survive! The Vong must be swarming about down there . . . poor Ben! Mara and Luke had better find him soon.

As usual, Jen, you created more suspense than you relieved . . . ;) Great post! :D

-duskwings

23. GodofDeath

GodofDeath Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    Cool post Jen. :) Very much like the suspense and thrill of the near chase with Ben and Mara, especially how you build up the tension and mystery by switching to Luke's point of view at that moment. Well done.
    Good contrast with Bressal how now she's more puzzled as before during her insertion in the Jedi base. Makes her character more real and less -unbelievably- perfect.

(It's good to be able to have some time to read and catch up, surely so since having had many workhours and the late shift for a while.)

24. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    Thanks so much everyone ,more tomarrow. :) And guess what, this story is up for voting in the fanfiction awards for best post-saga novel. :D I am sooooo excited, I screamed when I saw my stories name, I think my boyfriend thinks I'm crazy. :p

25. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    Thanks so much everyone ,more tomarrow. :) And guess what, this story is up for voting in the fanfiction awards for best post-saga novel. :D I am sooooo excited, I screamed when I saw my stories name, I think my boyfriend thinks I'm crazy. :p Anyway, wish me luck everyone! :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.