main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ENDED "The Sacred Silence" a NJO, SBS, Han/Leia, Anakin/Tahiri, Jania/Kyp AU; Han can use the Force

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Princess1, Jul 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    JSD: Thanks! Lol, I take it that 'ohhhhh' meant, 'oh my gosh, that was sooo suspenseful'. :p

Jilly: Thanks soooo much! :D

duskwings: I think 'poor Ben' might be a understatement in this case. Well, I won't tell you what happend to Ben, since you'll see in this post, or at least, learn the begining of his fate. Lets just say your predictions aren't tottaly off base....hehe, yep, I did it again. Suspense suspense suspense! :p :D

Nicky: Thanks! :D Glad you liked that post, and that it was suspenseful. Thats what I'm trying to do, because right now we're quite litterally starting down the home stretch, the ending is almost here, and I'm trying to bring the tension up as much as possible until the very last sentence! I like point of veiw changes, this scene with Luke and Mara seemed like a good oportunity. A near chase scene with a baby was a bit differnt wasn't it? :p But, hey, when if comes to stories, differnt and surprising is good. :D I've been working really hard to make sure Bressal, (who began as a non-perfect character) remains that way. Its a bit more of a challenge now that she's basically a good guy. I tottaly understand how work hours go, sometimes it seems like everything is conspiring to keep you from reading or write! Actualy, until this week the last couple have been that way for me to. Heres the next post! :D

Here we go again! :D

In the near darkness of the unused corridor, Tahiri ran one hand along the cool metal wall as she walked. Her eyes were closed.

But that did not make her blind. Her sensitive fingers rubbed againts the wall, feeling the rough spots, nuts and bolts, seams for doorways.

She'd wandered this same hall in complte darkness once with Anakin.

She remembered her way by feel, not sight

The memorey lay in her finger tips, and she followed the trail. The trail to the hanger.

Once there she could find a ship, any ship, to get her and Anakin off the capital ship and onto the planet.

How she planned to get Anakin to the ship once she found one she wasn't sure. Dragging a limp body around made her chances of sneaking aboard a transport unoticed down to zero.

But she couldn't think about that now, couldn't think about anything but her goal. If she thought any farther ahead then that, she feared the implications and fears would drive her insane.

So she didn't.

She rounded a corner.

"You!"

At the shocked, but strangely relieved sounding voice, Tahiri opened her eyes.

She should have been alone in this corridor, very few even knew about it.....

As her eyes opened, she found herself standing across the hallway from Bressal.

The red haired women was now much more obviously pregnant, add that to her disheveled and dusty short curls, her dark circeled eyes, she was a picture of weariness.

Of all the people she least wanted to find here, Bressal would have been twaords the top of the list. Despite the fact the woman had helped her on this ship in the first place,she had done nothing else to endear her to Tahiri.

But yet she also felt somehow sorry for her....

"Why am I not surprised?" Tahiri said dryly,"I should have known. Fate seems to have conspired to put us together in awkward situations."

"Well it must have been fate, because it certainly wasn't me." Bressal matched Tahiri's dry tone, a ironic smile twisting her lips.

Tahiri sighed."Yes, I suppose so. But what are you doing here?"

Bressal suddenly straitend her shoulders, as of becomming aware of Tahiri's scrutiny and her own beraggled appearance.

"Just looking around. You?"

Bressal's evasiveness was transpartenly obvious, and Tahiri sighed, impatient at the interruption this made in her focused goal. She decied to be blunt.
    "I am going to the hanger, to find a ship. I need to down to the planet as fast as possible, but I can't carry Anakin."

Bressal was silent for a moment, and she kept wrapping and unwrapping her hands from the binders. Then she looked up at Tahiri out of the corner of her eye. "I-, well I could come along, if you'd like."

2. padme-96

padme-96 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    i'm still here.
    yah i got 1st reply

3. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    Uh. Oh. Poor Benny. Go Tahi and Bressal!where's Ganner? where're Kyppie and Jaya?

UP!

great stuff, sweetie...more more more!

-JSD

4. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Great post Jen!

5. duskwings

duskwings Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    Do you know what your post did to me? First I read your reply to my previous reply and I was freaked, because something really bad was going to happen. Then, when Tsavong Lah found Ben I found myself whispering, over and over under my breath, "OMG OMG OMG OMG" . . . this is what you're doing to me! [face_shocked] 8-}

Very, very freaky post. Poor Ben. I'm so freaked about what's going to happen next. But Bressal and Tahiri seem to be doing much better; that, at least, is a relief. :)

Great post! :D

-duskwings

6. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jul 3, 2002
    UPness again!

-JSD

bah...*feeds OPPM to the Vong

7. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    Thanks everyone, more tonight! :D

JSD: Lol, I like your sig! If only Kyp Durron was Australian! Or better yet, from Washinton. :D :p

8. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

_Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2003
    I've been missing some great-suspense-filled posts.

With Mara and Ben, (which by the way, I love seeing her as a frightened mother. You didn't get much of that pre-Ben in the NJO.) and Bressal is a very well developed character.
    There are a lot of OC's that appear to be perfect. But I like her with flaws. :) Though it seems as if Everyone is having problems. I hope you can fix them all soon, Princess! ;)

9. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jul 3, 2002
    cheers, Princess :D

UP! where is this?

-JSD

10. padme-96

Feb 12, 2002
  11. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001

Sorry its short, I'll reply to you all tomarrow, and post again. But right now its almost midnight, and despite a double shot mocha, my brain is shutting down. :p
    thanks everyone, sorry I didn't post last night, I got invited to movie party with friends, and well, one was "The Faculty" and it had both Elijah Wood AND Josh Hartnett in it. :D How could I resist a drool fest like that? :p

The Warmaster grasped little child in his arms, and listened to the tramp of feet on the ground above his head.

Sound came surprisingly clear through the thick dirt and stone ceiling, he could even hear the mothers absurd wailing...

She would soon have a reason to wail.

It was time.

Letting the child dangle from one hand, he grimaced at its pitiful whimpers. Humans were so weak, so fragile. They had no respect or understanding for pain.

Running one talon like finger nail down the opposite arm, feeling for the little lump he knew was under the skin.

Just at the crook of his elbow, he found it.

Abrubtly, without even a grimace or a flinch, he stabbed his nail directly into his arm.

Crimson blood welled around the puncture, flowing down his skin in little rivults, dripping off his arm unto the jeedai child.

The childs cries incread, but the warmaster ignored them, staring intently at the open wound.

At last, a little round, bead like object rose to the surface. Ah yes, there it was. Extracting from the pool of his own blood, Tsavong Lah pinched it between two fingers, crushing it.

A little jolt of energy jumped up his arm for a split second, before subsiding.

And not so far away, below ground, the arms of over a hundred Vong warriors recieved that same little jolt.

It was time, and so, dropping whatever they had been doing, they came, stealthy and silent.

This is what the warmaster knew was happening.

Satisfaction welled up within him, but for a moment he felt it wither and nearly die as he looked down at the now blood spattered child.

The child had ceased all tears, and was staring up at him, something akin to reproach in its eyes.

It was disconcerting, to say the least.

He wanted to gouge out those to pure looking blue eyes.

But he did not.

For a damaged weapon was no weapon at all.

Kyp prowled the edges of the clearing, somehow unable to bring himself to enter it.

He'd fallen to the darkside, and recognized it when he felt it.

But this....this was something else. Not the darkside, not quite. Close though, very close. And somehow, absurdly worse.

Almost as if something, or someone teetered on the edge, and if it fell, would bring all in range down with it.

A uncomfortable little fancy, but one Kyp could not shrug off.

Kyp ran hand down the back of his neck, the hairs standing on end, and a series of little tingles ran down his spine.

Almost like he was standing in the middle of a energy generator.

Then, he felt it.

Abrubtly, Kyp fell to the ground, pressing his palms into the dirt for confirmation.

Yes, there it was. Despite the sounds of frantic searcing, Mara's distressed cries and crashing brush, a tiny little viberation trembled along the ground.

Shooting to his feet, his lightsaber nearly jumping into his hand, Kyp opened his mouth to cry a warning.

Only to be drowned out as the forested exploded around him.

12. duskwings

Jan 10, 2003
    [face_shocked] Oh, no! Ben! *whimpers* Someone needs to get him away from Tsavong Lah . . . please? It's not safe! *worries* And the Vong are just about to attack . . . gahh! More suspense! :mad: 8-}

Great post! :D Please post more soon? Please? I don't think I can stand the suspense much longer . . .

-duskwings

13. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001

padme96: Thanks soooo much! :D

JSD: Wow, you've certianly been doing your part to keep this story from sinking into the depths of the boards. Thanks. :D Glad you liked this post, more agian tonight, Ganner, and Kyp and Jaina, and Bressal and Tahiri, all comming tonight! :D

Jilly: Thanks! :D

duskwings: Whoa, someone sounds worried. [face_shocked] And with good reason, poor Ben! to much suspense? Or not enough? :p Well, either way, I'm posting again tonight, because I really need to get this story going and get to the end, and I have everything all planned out! :D Your right though, Tahiri and Bressal are doing better. At least something is going good for someone! :p

Jedi of Destiny: Hey, your back! :D anyway, thanks, suspense is definintly the word to describe the story lately. But, its pretty darn close to the end, so the suspense isen't going to give in just yet. I'm glad you like the way Mara is being written, I've always thought that despite how strong of person she is, any parent would panic in a situation like this. Its so cool that you, and other people seem to like Bressal. I've worked really hard of that character, and I'm rather proud of her. :)

14. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

May 17, 2003
    Aw....poor Ben! :( You won't do anything too...uh...gruesome to him will you?

15. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    *GASP* Was that Ben that unleashed that fury? Oh! More soon!

~~Jilly

16. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jul 3, 2002
    Aieeeeeeee! UPness! Nice postie, very ominous ending, Princess....

-JSD

17. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    duskwings: Oh gosh, I know how you feel, poor Ben, that scene was almost hard to right, I felt so bad for the poor little boy! Anyway, heres the next post, don't want anyone dieing of suspense. :p Thanks! :D

Jedi of Destiny: Well, to get technical, I personnally won't do anything to Ben, the Vong will....:p But seriously though, I don't write gruesome, I can't. Especially when it envolves children. So, dramatic, yes. Scairy/mean, yes. Gruesome (shudder) no.

Jilly: Now now now, I can't give away any secrets before the post! :p lol, thanks, heres the post, so you won't have to wait to long! :D

JSD: Thanks! :D As yes, ominous and dramatic, my specialty. ;)

Two technicians in the main hanger of the New Republic flagship were treated to a curious sight.

Two petite women wearing flightsuits strode into the bay as if they owned it. This in of itself did not merit much notice, but the oddly shaped wrapped bundle they carried slung between them did.

It looked suspiciously like...a body.

Something was obviously not right.

One of the tecnicians, the tallest one named Camsin , stood up and wiped a smudge of grease from his face, before heading twaords the two women.

He stopped in front of them, effectivly blocking their way to the ships.

"Do you have authorization to be here?" He asked politely, but insistently.

One of the women, the one with red hair scowled at him, and opened her mouth as if to say something. But she never had a chance, for the younger blonde one shot him a brillant smile before speaking.

"Well, not exactly, but," she leaned in a little closer, as if telling a secret,"but then again, when are we jedi ever percisly, 'authorized'?" She patted her slightly, drawing attention to the slender silver cylinder hanging there.

A lightsaber.

"My apologies."
    He had no urge to get caught up in Jedi business. With the Vong on the loose, it wasn't safe.
    Camsin stepped back and out of their way, but still eyed the bundle suspiciously.

The two women walked right on past him, headed purposefully twaord a shuttle.

Despite his caution reguarding Jedi, Camsin couldn't stop himself.

"What are you carrying?" His voice was strong, and carried in the large echoing hanger.

The duo before him barely paused.

Before the blonde could stop her, the obviously less diplomatic red-head on the two glanced over her shoulder, raising a ironic eyebrow. "Are you sure you want know?"

Her tone and expression made it clear that he didn't.

Feeling the coward, Camsin mutely shook his head and allowed them and their odd burden to go on their way.

Taking a deep breath at the close call, Tahiri staired up the entrance ramp of the shuttle.

Almost there, just a little farther and the first stage of escape would be over.....

"Keep moving." The words whispered through Bressal's gritted teeth brought Tahiri's focus back, and so they continued.

Up the ramp, Anakin slung between.

Tahiri was ever concious of the techicians eyes boring into their backs. Did he know? Could he possibly?

This was almost to easy....

Then Tahiri nearly dropped Anakin as she realized they were not alone.

Sitting in the pilots chair, a very surprised look tech stared up at them as they entered.

"What are you do-"

He didn't finish, for Bressal had emeaditly let go of Anakin's feet as soon as she saw the tech. Leaving her plenty of opportunity to bash him over the head with the remnants of her binders.

A oportunity she promptly took.

Tahiri stared blankly for a moment at the tech crumpled limply on the ground. Then she transferred her stare to Bressal.

"You weren't suppossed to do that!"

Bressal shrugged. "Why not? It worked."

Shoving to unconcious tech off the pilots chair, Bressal sat down and prepared for take off, bypassing safety routines.

With a sigh, Tahiri secured Anakin to a seat before securing herself.

Okay, so Bressal had knocked a New Republic tech unconcious. What else did she expect? If Han Solo hadn't lost his scoundrel edge af

18. padme-96

Feb 12, 2002
    very cool

19. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jul 3, 2002
    Uh. Oh. Biggus Troublus. Watch out, everyone!

-JSD

20. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Great post Jen!

~~Jilly

21. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

May 17, 2003
  22. duskwings

Jan 10, 2003
    Yeah, Tahiri! That was good thinking with the lightsaber . . . but why did that tech and the nurse have to realize about the escape? :( Oh, well, I suppose it makes it more interesting.

[face_shocked] Eek! This is not good . . . how the heck can the Jedi defeat all those warriors? There must be some trick to this . . . and I bet it has to do with Anakin. :D He's going to come back, I know it! :)

Great post! :D *waits impatiently for more* ;)

-duskwings

23. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    you guys are so lucky, another post is comming tonight! :D

24. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    darla: thanks! :D

JSD: That, I believe, would be a understatement. :p lol, thanks, heres another post. :)

Jilly: Thanks sooo much, the next post! :D Oh, by the way, I love the direction Insanity is going in right now, I can't wait to see more of Kyp's search for Jaina!

Jedi of Destiny: Thanks, glad you liked it! :D

duskwings: Yep, Tahiri can think quickly, good thing to! It would not have been good if they got caught right then. Why did the tech and nurse find out? Well....I just can't ever seem to have anything in my stories simple, thats why. :p Speculation, speculation...the jedi are definitly in big trouble, as for Anakin...intersting thought indeed. But I can't tell anything yet, you'll find out soon enough. ;) :D
    Thanks, heres the next post.

*drum roll* and the battle builds! :p

At last the crackling of snapping branchs from a ship breaking through the canopy came to a hault as Bressal piloted the shuttle to a not so gentle landing.

Whincing at the noise, Bressal glanced over her shoulder at Tahiri.

Tahiri gaze was fixed firmly on Anakin's wrapped form, no room for anything else.

And the unconcious Tech obviously hadn't noticed a thing.

Feeling rather relieved that no one had noticed her ungraceful landing, Bressal heaved a sigh and rubbed her sweaty palms together.

Her hands shook even as she wiped the sweat away.

Shaking hands did not make for good piloting.

Bressal was ashamed to admit it, but prospect of meeting Ganner, of telling him of her--of their child frightend her. She was caught between to impulses, run as far away from Ganner as possible, and run to him. Strait into his arms.

Abrubtly she shook herself out of her brooding revere. To late for second thoughts now.

"I'm going." She spoke loudly, but did not turn back to see if Tahiri had heard her or not.

Straitening her shoulders, Bressal gripped the reassuring handel of the blaster she confiscated from the shuttle.

Its handel was differnt from her own, the feeling of security it lent was the same.

With that she headed down the ship and out into the jungle.

Screams filtered through the forest eeirly. As did other unmistakable sounds of battle.

Hearing these, her footsteps quicked to a near run.

Ganner would be there, she was sure of it.

As she ran, she braced one hand beneath the slight bulge of her stomach, almost in a shielding gesture.

If only she could protect her heart so easily. For thoughts of stinging rejections rattled through her mind, echoing in her ears as if real, mingling with the sounds of battle growing ever closer.

Tahiri may not have responded to Bressal's leaving declaration, but she had heard it.

Just as she heard the tap of Bressal's footsteps going down the ramp.

As their thread ceased Tahiri knew she had solitude at last.

Ignoring the sounds of battle and bloodshed filtering up the open ramp, Tahiri focused on Anakin's shrouded form.

In the dimply lit cockpit she traced the his draped outline with her eyes, knowing by memory what she would see when she lifted the cloth.

How could she forget? How could she forget his face, eyes closed and unseeing, his chest unmoving with breaths of life. It was impossible to forget something like that.

It took a effort to block out the sounds of people dieing, her friends dieing, but Tahiri knew she had to.

For Anakins words in her dream would not leave her be.

In some way he was essential to this battle, this day.

But how?

How could someone all but dead be any help at all? She knew the answer to that. He couldn't. That was why she needed to bring him back.

Bring him back.. Hah! Tahiri nearly choked on her own bitter little laugh. If she knew how to do that she would have done it long ago. Now she was suppossed to come up with a way in a matter of a few hours or less?

It seemed impossible. But yet.....Anakin had spoken to her in her dreams, surely that was worth something.

Very slowly, Tahiri came to her feet and walked over to where Anak

25. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    darla: thanks! :D

JSD: That, I believe, would be a understatement. :p lol, thanks, heres another post. :)

Jilly: Thanks sooo much, the next post! :D Oh, by the way, I love the direction Insanity is going in right now, I can't wait to see more of Kyp's search for Jaina!

Jedi of Destiny: Thanks, glad you liked it! :D

duskwings: Yep, Tahiri can think quickly, good thing to! It would not have been good if they got caught right then. Why did the tech and nurse find out? Well....I just can't ever seem to have anything in my stories simple, thats why. :p Speculation, speculation...the jedi are definitly in big trouble, as for Anakin...intersting thought indeed. But I can't tell anything yet, you'll find out soon enough. ;) :D
    Thanks, heres the next post.

*drum roll* and the battle builds! :p

At last the crackling of snapping branchs from a ship breaking through the canopy came to a hault as Bressal piloted the shuttle to a not so gentle landing.

Whincing at the noise, Bressal glanced over her shoulder at Tahiri.

Tahiri gaze was fixed firmly on Anakin's wrapped form, no room for anything else.

And the unconcious Tech obviously hadn't noticed a thing.

Feeling rather relieved that no one had noticed her ungraceful landing, Bressal heaved a sigh and rubbed her sweaty palms together.

Her hands shook even as she wiped the sweat away.

Shaking hands did not make for good piloting.

Bressal was ashamed to admit it, but prospect of meeting Ganner, of telling him of her--of their child frightend her. She was caught between to impulses, run as far away from Ganner as possible, and run to him. Strait into his arms.

Abrubtly she shook herself out of her brooding revere. To late for second thoughts now.

"I'm going." She spoke loudly, but did not turn back to see if Tahiri had heard her or not.

Straitening her shoulders, Bressal gripped the reassuring handel of the blaster she confiscated from the shuttle.

Its handel was differnt from her own, the feeling of security it lent was the same.

With that she headed down the ship and out into the jungle.

Screams filtered through the forest eeirly. As did other unmistakable sounds of battle.

Hearing these, her footsteps quicked to a near run.

Ganner would be there, she was sure of it.

As she ran, she braced one hand beneath the slight bulge of her stomach, almost in a shielding gesture.

If only she could protect her heart so easily. For thoughts of stinging rejections rattled through her mind, echoing in her ears as if real, mingling with the sounds of battle growing ever closer.

Tahiri may not have responded to Bressal's leaving declaration, but she had heard it.

Just as she heard the tap of Bressal's footsteps going down the ramp.

As their thread ceased Tahiri knew she had solitude at last.

Ignoring the sounds of battle and bloodshed filtering up the open ramp, Tahiri focused on Anakin's shrouded form.

In the dimply lit cockpit she traced the his draped outline with her eyes, knowing by memory what she would see when she lifted the cloth.

How could she forget? How could she forget his face, eyes closed and unseeing, his chest unmoving with breaths of life. It was impossible to forget something like that.

It took a effort to block out the sounds of people dieing, her friends dieing, but Tahiri knew she had to.

For Anakins words in her dream would not leave her be.

In some way he was essential to this battle, this day.

But how?

How could someone all but dead be any help at all? She knew the answer to that. He couldn't. That was why she needed to bring him back.

Bring him back.. Hah! Tahiri nearly choked on her own bitter little laugh. If she knew how to do that she would have done it long ago. Now she was suppossed to come up with a way in a matter of a few hours or less?

It seemed impossible. But yet.....Anakin had spoken to her in her dreams, surely that was worth something.

Very slowly, Tahiri came to her feet and walked over to where Anak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.