main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ENDED "The Sacred Silence" a NJO, SBS, Han/Leia, Anakin/Tahiri, Jania/Kyp AU; Han can use the Force

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Princess1, Jul 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

_Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2003
    Geez! Did I pick a bad time to go camping! :( That was a wonderful ending, Princess. IT was heart wrenching and emotionally painful sometimes but I really enjoyed reading your story. Thats for writing a amazing fic! I look forward to reading more of your stories. :D

2. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001

Jedi Jaina Durron: Lol, thats okay. A lurking reader is still a reader! :D thanks sooo much, you know, by the end of this story Ganner and Bressal were the two I most enjoyed writing as well. :) I'll have to try and think of a viggie or something with those two. :)

Jaina and Jag:Wow, thanks soooo much! :D A new reader, just as I finish the story. :D Way cool. But seriously, I'm very glad you read it, I've been working on it for over a year, and its been a lot of fun to write. But I must admit, I admire you being able to read it in a couple of days. Its huge! A bit of a marathon read then huh? :p Thats so neat that you liked Ganner and Bressal, Bressal is my favorite OC that I've ever written. The ending for she and Ganner was kinda sad wasn't it? But yet happy, because they admited they loved eachother. I agree with you, Kyp and Jaina are just plain fun to read and write. All the couples in this story are quite differnt from eachother. Plus, I can't resist a opportunity to write mush. ;) I'm just happy when someone enjoys what I would write anyway. :) I assume from your screen name your a Jaina and Jag fan? If so, wow, I my story made a J/J fan like to read Kyp and Jaina! :D :p In my opinion Anakin and Tahiri was the saddest part. But at least it had a happy ending. Accept for Jacen. :( You know, your right, Corran's death was quite a bit like Ganners wasn't it? Whats intersting about that is I hadn't read Traitor yet at the time I wrote that scene. Lol, you know, I think Mara would agree with your feelings about killing the warmaster! :p She would have enjoyed it, that for sure. hehe, yea, having the shaper kill the warmaster was kinda fun wasn't it? I bet he had a bit of a shock when he realized who it was. Nyal Ye is a bit enigmatic isn't she? Thanks again, I'm so glad you took the time to read it, and that you think its well written. :) I'm still writing my other stories here on the JC of course, but right now I'm trying to actually become a professional writer, so maybe theres hope I actualy will. :D

Jedi of destiny: Thanks soooo much! :D Lol, you did pick a wonderful time to go camping didn't you? :p But hey, the story was still here for you to read when you got back. :) I hope you had fun on your trip. Yea, it was a bit heart wrenching at times wasn't it? I'm a idiot and cry when I'm writing sad post, my family thinks I'm nuts. ;) Lol, anyway, thanks again, as glad your looking foreward to my other stories, in fact, I do have two others going right now. Thats me, always writing something. I have to many ideas just to write one story at a time. :p :D

3. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    A.M.A.Z.I.N.G F.I.C!!!!

This is one of the most amazing fics I've read! The amazing plot turns! Wow Jen! Congratulations on finishing it and of course, I hope you dont get an overide of brain work after that huge fic!

4. padme-96

padme-96 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    that was the best endfing to one of the best fics i've ever read!!!!!

please write a sequal [face_pleading]

5. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Wow, thanks soooo much!
    Your welcome! :D

A new reader, just as I finish the story.
    I tend to wait until stories are over before I read them because than I don't have to wait for the posts. :p

But seriously, I'm very glad you read it, I've been working on it for over a year, and its been a lot of fun to write.
    Over a year? :eek: Really. That's amazing! :)

But I must admit, I admire you being able to read it in a couple of days. Its huge! A bit of a marathon read then huh?
    I'm a fast reader. lol. It also helps that I'm on for about 7 hours a day. ;)

Thats so neat that you liked Ganner and Bressal, Bressal is my favorite OC that I've ever written. The ending for she and Ganner was kinda sad wasn't it? But yet happy, because they admited they loved eachother.
    I totally loved her character! :D I think that if somebody writes an OC and they don't like it then it shows in their writing of that character but you could tell you liked Bressel! ;) I'm glad that you had them finally tell each other that they loved each other. [face_love] So sweet!

I agree with you, Kyp and Jaina are just plain fun to read and write. All the couples in this story are quite differnt from eachother. Plus, I can't resist a opportunity to write mush. I'm just happy when someone enjoys what I would write anyway.
    I agree. They're just fun. :p I love to write Kyp's character because he can be so laid back and he can also be really serious.

I assume from your screen name your a Jaina and Jag fan?
    Yep! But seriously during your story I was waning for a while but then I reminded myself of the reasons why they shouldn't be romantically involved. lol. I had a hard time remembering them sometimes. ;)

If so, wow, I my story made a J/J fan like to read Kyp and Jaina!
    Yep you did. I just love to read and this story was really fun to go through. :D

In my opinion Anakin and Tahiri was the saddest part. But at least it had a happy ending.
    Yeah. :( I was afraid for a while there you weren't going to be bringing him back but then you did and a happy ending came. [face_love]

Accept for Jacen.
    :_| Don't remind me. :( I was so sad for him!

You know, your right, Corran's death was quite a bit like Ganners wasn't it? Whats intersting about that is I hadn't read Traitor yet at the time I wrote that scene.
    Whoa. That's majorly cool! lol. You had the same idea as the actual Star Wars authors before they published the book.

Lol, you know, I think Mara would agree with your feelings about killing the warmaster! She would have enjoyed it, that for sure.
    Mara is just Mara in that aspect. :p

hehe, yea, having the shaper kill the warmaster was kinda fun wasn't it? I bet he had a bit of a shock when he realized who it was. Nyal Ye is a bit enigmatic isn't she?
    I was kinda shocked that she did but then I was very happy. lol.

I'm still writing my other stories here on the JC of course, but right now I'm trying to actually become a professional writer, so maybe theres hope I actualy will.
    Cool! :D I would love to be a writer but I would have alot of problems with writer's block. When I try to write my J/J story I always end up stopping because I got this really awesome idea for some other time during it. It gets very annoying. ;)

6. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001

DarthMasan: Aww gosh. [face_blush] Lol, just kidding. Thanks sooooo much, I am so happy you've enjoyed this story! I know I certianly had a blast writing it! :D hehe, welll, thank goodness you liked the plot twist, because I kept adding more and more and more, didn't I? I have a tendency to do that, the longer the fic, the more plot twist. :p Well, I didn't quite get brain melt down from writing it, but by the end, it sort of blew my mind that I actualy spent over a year on it. But it was well worth it. :) Thanks again, you've been such a great reader, sticking with the story since almost the begining. :)

padme96: Wow, thanks! [face_shocked] :D That is quite a compliment, I really really apreciate it. :) A sequel? Well......That is indeed a posibility, perhaps in a month or two. I'll definitly let you know if I do! :D

Jaina and Jag:
    Lol, you know, I never thought of that! :D Its a good idea though, if you wait till its finished you won't have to worry about a writer abandoning it halfway through.
    hehe, I don;t know if amazing is the word for it. Writing one story for over a year is just redicolous. :p But in a good way. ;)
    Well, I'm a fast reader to, but it sounds like your faster! Plus my mother would never let me stay on the internet for that long a day, she thinks I'll become a hermit or something. Sooooo glad you liked Bressal! I agree with you, its easy to tell if a author doesn't like writing a character, especially a OC. You can even tell with professional authors. Awww, yea, they are sweet, I purposefully didn't make them say the 'LOVE word' until the very end. I figured it makes them differnt from the typically, lovey dovey couple. Its so sad that Ganner dies in traitor though. :( EXACTLY! You just summed up Kyp's character and what makes him unique and fun to write! He's so laid back and casual, almost like he does it unpurpose (he probably does) yet he's very intense about certain things, sort of a guy of extremes. You had to remind yourself that you were a Jaina and Jag fan during my story? That means I was doing my job! :p I just adore Kyp and Jaina, and I don't have anything against Jag, I just like Kyp better. Besides, I know better then to get in a debate about those two. It would never end.
    Yea, actualy, theres a good reason for you to have been afraid Anakin wouldn't come back. For awhile he almost didn't, until halfway through the story I was thinking of killing Tahiri and having her end up like him while trying to save him!
    Oh wow, you know, maybe they stole the death scene idea from me, since it was my idea first. (Corran and Ganner scenes are awful simular, as you said) j/k ;)
    Yep, Mara will always be Mara: a bit vindictive. Yes, it was a shock, but Nyal Ye killing the warmaster was meant to be. I've always figured in order to show how shocked a character is, you have to shock and surprise the reader too. I compltely understand, I always have way to many stories ideas to juggle as well. You have know idea how many orignal stories I have bits and peices done because I got other ideas! :D

7. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
  8. GodofDeath

GodofDeath Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    Finally finished reading the last posts! :D

It took me shamefully long, my apologies for that. (The path to reading was besieged by work, computer viruses, breakdowns and in the end it took a new one to get me back. :p ) Glad though I was able to read the ending because it was really good. Bravo Jen!

In fact I also finished "Destiny's Way" not too long ago and this story read just as compelling and exciting.
    Amazing how you mixed a horrible battle in with so much character depth, something I always enjoy to see. And how each character either evolved or came changed from this tale. (Nice closure with most character's substories as well, the relief and blossoming of Anakin and Tahiri, Jacen finally at peace in death, Jaina opening to Kyp and life, Leia and Han surviving and him not succumbing to the Dark Side, Ganner and Bressal together through love and misery, ... Tsavong Lah dead -in fact a better death than the rather lame in in DW imho, more dramaticly written here, which I like-)

I'd say excellent work and great writing! Enjoyed every post and reading this story. :)

9. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001

Nicky,

Oh my gosh, I am soooo sorry its taken me so long to find your reply! hehe, so no apologies needed for the time it took you to finish, darth real life gets us all! You had to get a new computer? Sounds like there was a conspiracy agianst you for awhile. ;) No fun, but still, I am very glad you got to finish my story. :)

Wow, you thought it was as good as Destiny's Way? :eek: wow, you are so sweet, I really apreciate that. :D I tried really hard to make the battle dramatic and keep my characters still moving and changing so to speak, I detest those books that have this gigantic battle at the end which could easily be transported to any other science fiction of fantasy book if you substitued some names, so little evidence of character exist. I am sooooo happy that you think I didn't do that. :D You know, I think the reason this story took so long to finish writing is all the characters internal and external subplots and delimmea's. It just didn't feel right to me to finish this story unless the character came out changed. My mind nearly shut down with exhaustion at the end of the last post. :p

Yea, you caught what was happening with Han! :D Some people missed the near dark side brush, since I think i put alot of emphasis on the other characters, since I'd done alot with Han going dark side earlier in the story. You liked Tsavong Lah's death? Awesome, so glad you did. It was complicated to write, and I tried very hard to make it dramatic. Glad I succeeded. :) You know, your the only other person I've talked to who found Tsavong Lah's DW death rather unsatisfying. You have no idea how cool it is to know it wasn't just me!

Anyway, you've been such a amazing reader during this whole story, always giving wonderful and insightful enthusiastic comments, I apreciate every bit of your support of my story. Thanks alot,

Jen

10. GodofDeath

GodofDeath Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    No problem Jen, it did take me a while to read it through and I wanted to be able to take time to post a decent comment on it.
    I really did get pulled into the action and all the scenes, which is what I like most when I read a story or watch a movie/tv show, to be pulled in and feel as if being placed in the middle of the action.

I found the action scenes and character developments here very compelling and they really drew you into the story and its climax.
    I agree with your view that in "Destiny's Way" Tsavong Lah's death was rather unsatisfying. The book really built up well to the battle of Ebaq 9 but then the battle itsself seemed rather rushed, as if they didn't wrote it out as much as the rest. Especially for a character like Tsavong Lah who was an important nemesis to Jaina and Jacen in the previous books, I thought his final battle with Jaina deserved more fleshing out or drama. Perhaps visually it would have looked great in a comic or movie, but like it was written in "Destiny's Way" I felt it was over too soon, and a bit too easy a battle.
    (I had that impression at the end of "Dark Journey" too, like they had been forced to strip down, shorten the last pages.)

In your story's end, while most character's story arcs were 'closed off' or brought the necessary evolution, most characters also were changed by their experiences in the story itsself (best example Ganner and Bressal). This adds to the realism that while this adventure is over, their lives and possible challenges do go on. That's an element I also found very well rendered and a great writing addition for character understanding and realism.

11. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    Hey, Sweetie! Remember me? The betaer who disppeared? I'm still working on it, m'afraid...hope you don't mind!

-JSD

12. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    I am bad and didn't check for your reply again, sorry Nicky!

Will reply in more detail later. :D

JSD: Yep, course I remember you, thanks so much for beta reading for me, take as long as you need. I certainly took a long enough time to write it. :p

Oh and big news....I AM writing a sequel! Not ready yet, but will be in a month or two, probably during winter break. :D :D

13. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    OMG...a sequel! YAY! looking forward to it, Jen!

-JSD

14. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Did i hear what i think i heard? YES!

15. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    lol, yes indeed, you both heard me right. A sequel is on its way!!!! :D

16. DarthMasan

Sep 20, 2002
    WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!
    THERES A SEQUEL COMMING!!???
    AWESOME!!!!
    **starts jumping up and down**
    :D

DM

17. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    lol, yes indeed, there is a sequel comming!!!!!! :D

does everyone want me to PM them when it starts?

18. DarthMasan

Sep 20, 2002
    yes... PM when it starts...
    !!!!
    cant wait for that!!!

DM

19. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    PM'd you! :D

just in case anyone catchs this thread.......

the sequel to this story is called "Shards of Souls" and his up here:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=14213757&replies=3

Please read all my good and faithful readers!!!!!! :D :p :D

20. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    just upping in case anyone didn't catch the sequel announcement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.