main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Ender Sigh rags on 'Murica

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Sep 16, 2013.

1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Coors.

2. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Oh, come on.

3. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    From those options... if I had to choose a favorite beer, it'd probably be Red Stripe or Guinness.

Among my many problems is that I'm not a picky drinker, so I could justify drinking nearly anything.
    :p

4. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    When I drank, Guinness was my jam, so you get a thumbs up from me, there.

5. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

Nobody's ahead of you people yet, you still believe your country is special.

I think if we're being fair here, and not just licking wounded nationalist pride by trying to score a few points here and there (it won't make Murica less silly), we have to acknowledge that the reliance on antibiotics is a serious matter globally and has or will impede our capacity to fight off basic infections in the future.

Also, the 50% who don't believe that about antibiotics in America probably believe prayer will cure you.

Violent Violet Menace and ShaneP like this.
  6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I'm not exactly a native Coloradoan but we have a plethora of vastly superior alternatives to Coors that I would encourage you to try out. Try Avery, they're hometown heroes.

7. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

If he can't buy a six pack for $3, he's not interested it seems.

Tunes, you are in the corner of shame. I'll let you know when and if you can come out.

Coors. Hershey's. Dear god man.

8. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

I'll look for it the next time I'm at a BevMo(!).

9. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

Colorado and Utah both have some real good craft or micro beers.

10. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    As long as the prayer is done while resting in bed, it will do you more good than the antibiotics. :p

The article reminded of two good friends from law school both of whose fathers were doctors (a cardiologist and an orthopedic surgeon). Every time they got even a sniffle, I'd see them start popping pills, and I started wondering if they, as the children of doctors) were privy to some new wonder drug that could stop the common cold. Of course, no wonder drug, just antibiotics. Which lead me to ask, how someone could graduate from medical school and pass all the certification exams if they are utterly ignorant of the difference between a virus and bacteria.

Still, you must admit, 70% is astoundingly high.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    So, this isn't a raggin type thing request. But can you Muricans tell me a traditional all american dish that isn't horrible?

12. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Here's a Native American dish

1 medium onio
    2 whole cloves
    5 cups beef broth
    3 cups chicken broth
    3 chicken breast halves, skinned
    2 large baking potatoes, peeled and diced
    2 Hatch chilies
    2 3/4 cups fresh cut corn, about 4 ears
    1 avocado, sliced
    2 medium tomatoes, chopped
    salt and pepper

Peel the onion and stud with the cloves. Combine the onion, broths, chicken and potato in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until the potato is tender.

Remove the onion. Remove the chicken, reserving the broth in the pan. Let the chicken cool, bone it, and chop the meat. Return the chicken to the pan; set aside.

Cut chile in half lengthwise; remove seeds and membranes. Place chiles, skin side up, on an ungreased baking sheet; flatten with the palm of your hand. Broil 3 inches from the heat (with electric oven door partially opened) 6 minutes or until charred. Place chiles in ice water; peel and discard skins. Coarsely chop the chiles, and add to the reserved broth mixture.

Stir in corn; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 4 minutes or until the corn is tender. Taste your soup, and add salt and pepper as needed (depends on the broth you originally used).

Ladle soup into individual soup bowls. Top each serving with avocado slices and chopped tomato. Garnish, if desired with fresh cilantro.

This is good served with fry bread. Here's a fry bread recipe

3 cups all-purpose flour
    1 tablespoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 1/2 cups warm water
    Oil, for frying

Put flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Mix well, add warm water and stir until dough begins to ball up. On a lightly floured surface knead dough. Do not over-work the dough. After working dough, place in a bowl and refrigerate for 1/2 to 1 hour.

Heat oil to 350 degrees in a frying pan or kettle. Lightly flour surface and pat and roll out baseball size pieces of dough. Cut hole in middle with a knife (so the dough will fry flat) to 1/4-inch thickness and place in oil and cook until golden brown and flip over and cook opposite side until same golden brown. Dough is done in about 3 minutes depending on oil temperature and thickness of dough.

13. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
  14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Sigh, indeed.

"I assure you my son lacks the magical powers necessary to threaten his friend's existence. If he did, I'm sure he'd bring him right back."

Sounds like the father has a sense of humor, but I'm sure it fell on deaf ears.

Just sad. I never would have made it in a place like that.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  15. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Are you really that stupid, America? Honestly?

Even if all of you come in and gruffly clear your throats uncomfortably and say "well, not us" et cetera, I note with dismay that you've also not taken advantage of your unholy military spending to eradicate these primitive savages and their strange beliefs. So until you correct this wrong I'm holding you accountable.

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Holy. ****.

Both of my kids would probably have been expelled from that school.

The Big Book of Knowledge? Really? I've got that one in the library.

I work in a place that doesn't teach that the sun revolves around a 6000-year-old Earth though. Maybe that's the difference.

17. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Texas is a weird ****ing place... also, big. I haven't visited all of Texas, but have seen a good bit. The only place I found worth a damn was Austin.

18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    It's widely known that knowledge, along with coitus and rock music, are the insidious tools of Satan. God and his own self Jesus - also his son, but I mean if you want logical consistency American Christendom is not the place to start - kept Knowledge from Man knowing full well it would lead to science, heavy metal, and anonymous sex.

Texas was right to do what it did. [face_flag]

harpua and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  19. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    whats anonymous sex

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Silent sex with the lights off and masks on.

Jesus disapproves. Sex must be with a virgin, in missionary position and with the lights on.

21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    And you must be married, first.

22. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I thought lights on was sinful.

23. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    It would certainly run the risk you could see the female form in its sinful wickedness, yes. Plus, it would enhance eye contact, which as an act of intimacy ought be avoided.

24. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Plus, it's easier for the man to pretend it's Mary Magdalene.

25. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Why would a Man compare his property wife to the Mother of our Lord? Is that some liberal homo communism? You're luckily there are no Texan mods in earshot or you could be banned for that.