main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Ender Sigh rags on 'Murica

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Sep 16, 2013.

1. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

Don't you mean the Ender/[Insert Latest Poster to get Enders undies in a bunch] pissing contest? :D

In less important news, the U.S. removed Cuba from the list of state sponsors of terrorism.

Cuba: Terrorizing U.S. cigar makers since 1920

Lord Vivec likes this.
  2. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    No, that's not what I meant.

3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Ender and I have a deep love for each other that humans cannot begin to fathom.

4. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001

I figured you both for aliens. Is it Antares or Sirius? Greys or Reptilians?

5. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Go ahead and keep asking questions, Shane. We always have more anal probes.

6. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
  7. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
  8. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
  9. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    the real reason the beatles split was mccartney's constant sausage thievery

10. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    wings had a few great songs, a few awful ones, and a lot of okay ones. i guess i would agree with "mediocre" as an overall assessment though i'd still put them ahead of the majority of their contemporaries. and yeah, yoko wasn't a musician. she wanted to bring some of her avante garde artistic sensibilities to music and it didn't really work. oh well, at least she tried something. and it's fringe enough that you're not likely to be subjected to it without purposefully seeking it out, which is the main difference between it and something ubiquitous like taylor swift or whatever.

all that said, the bill burr breakdown of the john lennon and chuck berry video is still pretty funny.

11. wall of sick

wall of sick Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 9, 2014
    wings is fine as long as you're willing to let down your hair a bit. paul wasn't taking his own stuff too seriously - in my opinion, neither should we. nor should we dismiss it out of hand, however. as for yoko, her fly album is excellent and i believe it had a huge, huge impact on what would become known as "krautrock". her material just after that is also confrontational, but it shifted into the lyrics as the music drifted into a more generic, blues-rock mode. things changed again in the 80s but i haven't heard enough from that period to comment.

i will say that mr. harrison for the most part had a full boner all throughout his solo career.

yankee8255, harpua and tom like this.
  12. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Darth Punk likes this.
  13. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    tom I had to like that twice for the Bill Burr bit. harpua: that.

And unlike last time I now do need Darth Horax around to explain Punk's joke

Darth-Horax and Darth Punk like this.
  14. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    It's true though. I used to watch Lennon perform and Yoko was there belching her nonsense all over a great performance. The Chuck Berry performance is just one example.

15. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012

It's like the Krayt Dragon enhancement from the Star Wars blu rays revisited.

16. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Yes, hopefully George Lucas sees this footage and decides to have Ben Burtt put her vocal waaaaay back in the remix.

Better yet, have her yell out: Noooooooo!

17. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012

With Hayden Christensen playing a bongo drum in the background and a walking ant-eater alien dancing out the front.

18. wall of sick

wall of sick Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 9, 2014
    regarding the berry/lennon/ono summit, though it was probably awkward in the studio, it is nevertheless great tv. i can't fathom cavett not knowing what he was getting into bringing the two on board for a whole week or whatever it was.

19. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001

Years ago, they replayed those shows on one of the cable outlets. They were great TV. I'm just taking the piss about Yoko. Lennon and Ono were both very intelligent and creative people. One of the Cavett shows formed the basis for the Lennon footage in Forrest Gump.

20. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    What formed the basis of the terrible impersonation of his voice?

21. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    The weird 90s notion that intelligence is terrible?

22. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Not news, really, but Bachman is bat**** crazy.

Michele Bachmann: The Rapture Is Coming And It's Obama's Fault
    The Huffington Post The Huffington Post
    Marina Fang
    3 hrs ago

Michele Bachmann says the rapture is coming, thanks to President Barack Obama’s policies on Iran’s nuclear program and marriage equality.

In a radio interview last week, Bachmann, the former Minnesota Republican congresswoman, told "End Times" host Jan Markell, “We need to realize how close this clock is getting to the midnight hour.”

“We in our lifetimes potentially could see Jesus Christ returning to earth and the rapture of the church,” Bachmann said. “We see the destruction, but this was a destruction that was foretold.”

Bachmann cited the Obama administration’s nuclear negotiations with Iran as a cause. The U.S. and five partner nations are discussing a deal with Iran that would prevent the country from developing or obtaining nuclear weapons.
    “We are literally watching, month by month, the speed move up to a level we’ve never seen before with these events," Bachmann said. "Barack Obama is intent. It is his number one goal to ensure that Iran has a nuclear weapon.”
    Later in the interview, Bachmann again tied her rapture prediction to Obama’s foreign policy.

“If you look at the president’s rhetoric, and if you look at his actions, everything he has done has been to cut the legs out of Israel and lift up the agenda of radical Islam,” she said.

Obama has said repeatedly that the goal of the nuclear talks with Iran is to prevent the country from developing a nuclear weapon.

Bachmann also blamed abortion and gay marriage, arguing that God is punishing the United States for “embracing a pagan view.”

“Any nation that accepts God and his principles is blessed, and those who push away are cursed. That’s what we’re seeing happen to the United States,” she said. “We will suffer the consequences as a result.”

Some Christians believe those who are saved will be transported to heaven just before armageddon, which they call the rapture.

This is not the first time Bachmann has predicted extreme consequences from the Iran deal. Earlier this month, she claimed the deal would lead to "World War III." And in a Facebook post, she compared Obama to Andreas Lubitz, the pilot who crashed the Germanwings airliner into the French Alps in March.

23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Bat**** Bachman

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    but she does enjoy a corn dog
    [​IMG]

25. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    That someone like her can be elected to office is a sad indictment on democracy.