main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Ender Sigh rags on 'Murica

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Sep 16, 2013.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Same. I have no desire to hunt at all and can't stand sport hunting. But I dated a girl who was a vegetarian, mostly around meat quality / consumption issues in the US, and she always respected my uncle for eating meat more than me -- as he was a bow hunter (guns aren't sporting to him), went to overpopulated areas to cull, killed only what the license would allow, and ate everything.

EDIT:
    And that's, of course, awful. Who is saying it's not?

Bob Crow likes this.
  2. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I come from a family of hunters where my grandfather and my dad and brothers all hunted mule deer and Rocky Wapiti(although that was incredibly hard to draw out for back then as the herd was much smaller then) and would can the meat to eat during the winter. I have an uncle who still bow hunts.
    I fully support families who still do this as an traditional alternative to mass produced foods.

Me, never owned a gun or hunted anything. Not my thing. But, I support hunters who do it for a food source.

Sports or trophy hunters I don't care for much.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  3. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    It's not a sport though, unless you hunt the ****ing animals with a knife. It's just cowardice dressed up as something noble.

4. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001

Yeaaah. Those American indians who hunted muleys or whitetails sure were cowardly.

5. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Overpopulation is only the result of people exterminating the natural predators-- in North America, that's mainly wolves, cougars, and bears. Of course, when these predators are reintroduced to areas, people clamor to shoot them and keep their numbers low. Somehow I'm not sympathetic to any "conservation" justification for hunting.

Also, if you're like the vast majority of humanity for the past thousands of years, you rely on agriculture to provide you with food. Most people who hunt in the United States don't need to hunt for food, and when you take Native Americans (mostly native Alaskans) out of the equation the number dips lower.

tom and Ender Sai like this.
  6. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

I'm sorry that I'm making people who've killed defenceless animals as a compensatory act uncomfortable by calling them terrible people. But hysterical hyperbole is a ridiculous response.

Seeing a lily white suburban professional posing with a dead animal as if there was any sport or contest is precisely what I've been talking about and evidently so.

You come from an actual hunting culture, and by which I mean it's central to your identity and not something you and your "grandpappy" did? I doubt you have much time for these idiots either.

7. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    And there is really no one arguing against this, except for ShaneP's example. So what's with the outrage? There are far more juicier topics for this thread will draw actual argument.

8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    so you are a vegan?

9. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001

I'm sorry but I missed the "sport" in your post I was responding to. My mistake Ender Sai.

10. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    I feel sorry for Walter Palmer. I bet he's looking down in the mouth right now

Ender Sai likes this.
  11. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

I'd imagine Vanilla Coke works in the same fashion.:p

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  13. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I drink a lot less soda than what I used to, but still partake occasionally throughout most weeks, especially when I'm at work.

Makes me wonder of all the "interesting" things that go on/have gone on when I have a soda with a smoke.

14. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Point 4 is supremely misleading. While it's true that heroin causes your body to increase dopamine production, you know what else does that? Getting a gold star on your homework. So by that image's logic, physically, heroin is like getting a gold star on your homework. That's kind of frustrating when they're otherwise making some decent points about sugar intake.

Juliet316 , Ulicus , ShaneP and 3 others like this.
  15. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    I'm more of a Pepsi drinker, but it's pretty comparable. Yikes. Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes. :p

Juliet316 likes this.
  16. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    As much as it's correct that soda isn't good for you, I'm pretty sure that any such detailed treatment on eating or drinking anything would sound just as disgusting. This is meant for shock value from a mix of "ew body stuff" plus iareverysmart usage of chemical names.

Ramza and Ender Sai like this.
  17. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    It can also lift the rust off of metal. I've tried it.

Now watch this:

18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Tunes, want to know what I drink all day?

Water.

I'd suggest trying it but oh so noes your state has none.

19. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Meanwhile, in my state we get a free tooth whitening with each mouthful.

Ender Sai likes this.
  20. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001

Yeah I couldn't believe that one comparing it to opiates. [face_plain]

21. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I remember the seizures I got detoxing from sugar.

Ramza and ShaneP like this.
  22. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

Seizures? :eek:

Brah chillout music and like, Die Hard should stop that freakout.

23. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah, carbonic acid will do that, it's not actually a big deal.

Edit: To be more specific, while cola is especially effective at removing rust due to phosphoric acid in the actual cola part of the mixture, any carbonated beverage can remove rust as the acid that does the rust removal process is a natural result of the carbonation process. Consequently from the raw perspective of "Can it dissolve rust?" cola isn't any worse than seltzer water. I don't know why people get so hung up on incidental chemical details when the bottom line problem of heavy soda consumption is all that ****ing sugar.

24. Jax_the_Admiral

Jax_the_Admiral Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 21, 2014
    I'm moving to America by the end of the year. Anyone got some tips for once I get there? :p

25. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Abandon reason.
    Buy a gun.
    Burn your passport.

G-FETT, Darth Punk and Bob Crow like this.