main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Ender Sigh rags on 'Murica

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Sep 16, 2013.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The North Carolina State Fair features deep-fried any food that doesn't run away first, including deep-fried dill pickles.

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Bleh, Pickles.

3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

[​IMG]

4. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I'm still trying to figure out what grits are

5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    You eat them, they taste good, you don't question it. None may know the grit, for down that road lies madness.

6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

[​IMG]

DANNASUK likes this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Hot cereal made from corn meal.

Where I live, the corn meal is long grain. Where heels1785 lives, it's short grain and really creamy. This version is served with butter, cheese, shrimp and bacon. The kind served where I live is best with sausage or country ham gravy, butter and cheese.

Anyone who tries to put sugar or ketchup on them is doing it wrong and does not deserve grits. They are not oatmeal, cream of wheat or hash browns.

8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    well stated.

i lived on grits alone for a week over one christmas break in college, because no money.

it is not ideal.

9. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    so they're not gritty then ?

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Not at all. I will say that they have to be cooked perfectly or they're gross. They're harder to cook than rice or oatmeal.

Juliet316 likes this.
  11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    on stove > in microwave, as is often the case

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  12. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I WARNED YOU ABOUT QUESTIONING THE GRITS MAN

13. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    ok - food in buckets ? what the - ?

I mean who's idea was that ? can't have been Don Draper . Like what advertising exec said "I know what sounds appetising - food out of a bucket !" high 5's all round .

and it made its way across the Atlantic and they use it here too . staggering . Did they ever supersize it as a trough ?

14. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I've never had grits but this sounds good actually, better than the sausage and bread thing and way better than the pizza with hot dog crust.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  15. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    that's not a biscuit, Juliet. It's a scone.

What is wrong with you people?

"It's called a puff dog! We invented it."

No, it's a sausage roll, you utter spanners, and it's older than you are.

"It's a biscuit. We probably invented it."

It's... a ****ing scone.

Honestly, it's like when you let children combine foods. You're a nation of children. Stupid, red-headed children, who bully because of the thrill of it.

solo77, FatBurt and DANNASUK like this.
  16. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

I ******' lost it lol that is so hilarious.

I'm crying.

FatBurt likes this.
  17. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Note that Ender wisely ignores the Lovecraftian nightmare that is the grits question. They say the recipe can only be understood in the dread speech of Ry'leth, and is found in a book held together with leather made of human flesh.

18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Oh I knew of grits beforehand. But the thing is, aside from a VERY select number of items - namely, it seems, NY pizza and whatever you do to bacon (when served correctly i.e. with eggs) - most of what you eat is just awful. The sorry effluence you call chocolate is just terrible. It's like you took dark chocolate and sucked the flavour and joy out of i. I just don't even know why you subject yourselves to it. Bread? Even at Eataly, a beautiful Italian foodcourt/food market down near the Flatiron building, the bread was only bread by sight. By taste, it was faintly sweet, like sugar is added. There's no newspaper big enough to be rolled up and used to bop your nose in admonishment. Burgers seem to be monuments to coronary heart disease. We shared a single steak between two because the rule of thumb on meat portion size basically only guarantees Andre the Giant, Popeye, the Incredible Hulk or Hellboy's right hand could call US steaks "one portion". And when it comes to bagels, the actual bagel is decent but I asked for salmon and cream cheese with my bagel; I didn't ask for a bagel with my cream cheese.

Everything you guys do, you do incorrectly, and it's quite tragic. You know the way you recoil in horror at everything Donald Trump does? Well. Donald Trump is the embodiment of you. You should now understand why we - I - react this way.

Also explain to me why, when I bought some melatonin (because if you don't know about this as a jetlag buster...) it came in GUMMI CHEWY VARIANTS?

19. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    hahahhahahahaha

I can't Ender. You're killing me here.

solo77 and heels1785 like this.
  20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I take melatonin in 3-5 mg tablets. I've seen it in chewables but not gummies.

21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Also the yellow "melted cheese" you pour over frites by the litre? There's no excuse. Don't do that.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    At least we didn't do what Japan did with it's burgers:

[​IMG]

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  23. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Japan has MOS burger, so your argument is invalid.

24. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    ' the hell am I looking at ? is it covered in chocolate or something . or mashed beetles ?

25. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Those black bread burgers have actually become quite popular among hipsters in Europe in the past few months (possibly longer). I first encountered them in Estonia, but have seen them in Sweden too.

They look absolutely disgusting.