main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Ender Sigh rags on 'Murica

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Sep 16, 2013.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Quinoa is the bomb if you cook it right. As well as being the best thing about stupid Passover rules!

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    the most fun thing about quinoa is pronouncing it as incorrectly as possible in an attempt to aggravate the waiter at the hipster cafe.

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I just call it a "Quinjet" and zoom it into my mouth as it's coming in for a landing.

4. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Quin-[sound Bruce Lee made]

5. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Before I tasted Quinoa, I pronounced it Quinoa. After tasting it, I started pronouncing it Quin...Wo-ah!*

*I have not actually ever had this product

6. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Never had quinoa but chard is vile

7. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    the **** is quinoa

Darth_Invidious and Coruscant like this.
  8. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    All I know is that one of my coworkers made some baked kale chips and those things were delicious. Not as good as spinach, true, but I hold spinach in some kind of vegetable pantheon.

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Kale sautéed in olive oil with garlic is fantastic.

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Naturally, I thought this is what Ender is like on a boys' night out especially with the Fosters.

11. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    Nobody in Australia drinks Fosters. It's just not done.

12. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I don't know how many times we have to explain that to the Americans, Lost. But despite lecturing them on their errors they insist on linking us with Fosters and "shrimp", a term we in fact never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever use.

Incidentally, have you tried Stone & Wood's Pacific Ale?

13. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Great, next you're going to tell me you don't all walk around with crocodile skin jackets and giant hunting knives ...

Juliet316 likes this.
  14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I don't want to bring this up in the guns thread since Kimball will try and convince us (with a straight face) that a nation with as many guns as America is 243% less likely to see a shooting than a country with no guns. But seriously America. Why do you have all the idiots? Are you not a bit jealous we got convicts, given it just means more drunkenness?

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/open-carry-activist-tennessee-school

Idiot. [face_flag]

15. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    OK, the man lives i a state in which it is perfectly legal to walk around with what looks like an AR-15 rifle strapped to his chest. Can someone explain to me why he's protesting to defend his Second Amendment rights? They're pretty obviously being protected to the most extreme degree imaginable.

16. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    No I've seen it around but never tried it. Is it good? Surely it's not as good as a Miller Lite?

yankee8255 likes this.
  17. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Apples and petroleum, in terms of taste old boy. But is it good? Yes. Dear god yes. It's the best beer I've had in a long time.

18. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I've had one and liked it, but that's a bit far. I don't remember it being that memorable.

19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Two things:

Ghost Gunner: Legal DIY gun machine sells out in the US
    A machine which creates untraceable, yet legal, “ghost guns” has sold out in the US.

A libertarian group based in Texas unveiled the product called the Ghost Gunner on Wednesday - a year after they sent shockwaves across the globe by creating a 3D printed gun which could be downloaded online.

The Ghost Gunner consists of a milling machine which connects to a PC to create the lower receiver of an AR-15 rifle, the gun used to kill 26 people in the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre in 2012.

A receiver is the part of a gun which connects the stock, barrel, magazine and other components which can easily be purchased online - and is therefore highly regulated.

To lawfully manufacture the Ghost Gunner, Defense Distributed have taken advantage of a legal loophole. While it is illegal to sell an untraceable lower receiver, making one is not.

The simple-to-use machine means users require no experience or expertise to produce weapons. More crucially, the method means the guns do not have the serial numbers which are used to trace weapons and are legally required by all commercial manufacturers.

The non-profit organisation had intended to sell 110 of the devices worth $1,200 (£750) before stopping orders, but has since sold more than 200.

On Thursday, the group tweeted that its batch of Ghost Gunners had sold out in 24 hours, but reassured customers it would begin selling the machines again in January.

The group clearly positions itself as an anti-government, libertarian activist organisation with the aim of using the freedom offered by the internet to protect what is sees as the civil and human rights of Americans.

A YouTube video by Defense Distributed mockingly advertises the Ghost Gunner by splicing together footage of an official from California warning the public against the make-shift lower receiver, news reports relaying the dangers of the machine, and footage of the milling machine in action.

On its website, the group explains how it aims to: “defend the human and civil right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and affirmed by the United States Supreme Court” and “to collaboratively produce, publish, and distribute to the public without charge information and knowledge related to the digital manufacture of arms.”

Cody Wilson of Defense Distributed told Wired magazine: “People want the battle rifle and the comfort of replicability, and the privacy component.”

“It's about humiliating the power that wants to humiliate you.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/ghost-gunner-legal-diy-gun-machine-sells-out-in-the-us-9773894.html

And

marketed by the Krispy Kreme stand at the the Dixie Classic Fair this last weekend in Winston Salem, NC (headquarters of Krispy Kreme)

its a deep fried doughnut with a fried burger, fried bacon and fried onions on it, plus a slice of processed cheese

[​IMG]

20. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
  21. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Nothing more American than getting wasted off horse piss in a can.

Unless it's deep-frying and adding bacon to anything that doesn't run away first.

I do not get the Krispy Kreme doughnut love. Never have.

23. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    The Miller Lite thing through me as well. I'm hoping it's not the american one?

24. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  25. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    That poor kitty.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.