main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ender's Game Discussion, or "How to take over the world through the JC"

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Coolguy4522, Jul 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coolguy4522

Coolguy4522 Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    Who has read the book Ender's Game.
    For those of you who haven't, it is about a talented boy that is the last chance for humanity. In the book, his brother with help from his sister take control of the world through online discussion groups of some kind. To me, I thought that perhaps you could use the JC to do it.

2. IfAnakinLikedJazz

IfAnakinLikedJazz Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    So, which of us is "Locke"

3. neimoidian_85

neimoidian_85 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Ender's Game = COOL

4. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    So, which of us is "Locke"

Me. :D

Stop gushing, start discussing, or I'll Locke this.

5. Ramius

Ramius Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2002
    I think it's amazing how OSC invisioned the "Nets" and how much influence they had on people. He wrote it back in the 80's when the Internet was just being conceived. Maybe he had some creative advice from Al Gore(inside joke for Republicans last year). Just kidding. :)

As for gaining that much influence from just writting commentaries and such, I don't think it would be possible. People would need to see your face and get to know you. Maybe a combination of internet and TV appearances could do the trick.

6. Iwishiwasajedi

Iwishiwasajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2002
  7. Coolguy4522

Coolguy4522 Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    Good for them.

8. JediBeowulf

JediBeowulf Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2001
    I know its kinda old news, but it is good news nonetheless! (well, depends on how you look at it I suppose)...

Ender's Game is being adapted into a movie

I always wondered what Ender would look like, and now for some reason, I keep on picturing Halley Joel Osment as a good contender for the role - barring that he isn't too old for the part. Ender has a complex personality, and if there is any kid out there that can pull off the character, it would be HJO. Damn that kid can act!

9. Jedi_Master_Mazzara

Jedi_Master_Mazzara Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2001
    Ender's Game, one of the best Science Fiction books written, IMHO. HJO does sound like a viable canadate for the role.

10. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Wow. If they don't butcher it, it would make a great movie. If an R-rated one. :)

Yes, HJO would definitely bring wonderful depth to the character of Ender. Ender is about ten or so during much of it, and I think if they get on it fast, HJO might be able to pull that part off. *shrugs* But then, if they cast someone who is too old for the part, that would really take away some of the edge to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.