main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Endgame - Quote challenge (Qui/Obi/Xan - very AU) vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by dianethx, Sep 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    Perfectly evil xan[face_devil] great fight
    Loved it (except that Obi Wan had to die, but he had to..I accept it:(

2. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Wow!!! Just wow, Diane!!!

Your writing in this piece is stunning. There is so much feeling and depth.

Now, on the issue of killing off Obi-Wan...[face_shame_on_you] :mad:

Poor Qui-Gon. :_|

Excellent story. =D=

3. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    TRADMIC Glad you liked it that much. Thanks.

Jedikma Thanks. I had a great time writing it. As for killing Obi-Wan, the kid had to die... but up to the last minute, I was going to kill Qui-Gon as well but then Layren and OE talked me out of it. Does that help any?:p Thanks so much for reading.

4. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    I want to thank my wonderful readers and those who voted for this story for Best Drama for the Winter 2005 FFA. @};- Thank you so much for the Award. I really appreciate it. @};-

5. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    You deserve all this and more, my dear. CONGRATULATIONS!@};- @};- [:D]

6. corellian-jedi

corellian-jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2005
    Good job! =D=

This was a great vignette.

7. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Ah, but Xan is just so wonderfully evil in this story. It's an award well earned.

8. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Every story of yours is a beautiful, visceral experience for the reader, diane. This one is among the very best. It's just unforgettable. [face_love] Congratulations.

9. ___Sithspawn___

___Sithspawn___ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2004
    :_| :_| :_|

Great viggie - and evil Xan.

10. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    I don't know how it is that i've never read your work before Diane. I see that i've really been missing out.

This was amazing, I was completely drawn into this horrific little scene, the discriptions and choice of wording could not have been done better.

I too was half expecting Xan to take Obi into the acid pit with him - but what you ended up doing makes much more sense.

Amazing as it was, I need a little fluff now. It's too early in the morning for an Obi death fic.

--shan

11. DarthMousche

DarthMousche Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    :_| Obi-Wan! What a horrible way to die, with that kind of remorse being the last thing to come out of his lips. Xan's revenge is indeed effective, and I could easily see Qui-Gon going dark with rage and guilt in the aftermath.

Such a wonderful job getting into Xanatos's head. This makes me understand and sympathize with him heck of a lot more than the canon materials, even as I could just taste the evil rolling off him.

A big, fat congratulations for your award. :cool: You absolutely deserve it.

12. Sionnach-Airgid

Sionnach-Airgid Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2005
    OMG! [face_hypnotized] You let Xanatos kill Obi! :_| :_| :_|

Where is he!? :mad: I'm going to give him a taste of my lightsabre for that![face_beatup] [face_beatup]

What a great story though! =D= =D= =D=

*Wanders off for more tissues - again!*
    :_| :_| :_|

13. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    I am so sorry. I got caught up with awards background stuff (I was helping out back there and then I got exhausted from it) that I just couldn't get to your reviews. :( Sorry, sorry, sorry.

P_A Thank you so much. You're lovely to say so.

corellian-jedi Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

ardavenport Love to write evil characters. They are so much fun. Thanks.

LE
    Thanks. You know how much I enjoy description. And while I have you here, how's Broken Cadence coming along? :p

_Sithspawn_ Thanks. Love writing evil Xan. :D

shanobi Thanks. I like to write Obi/Qui, sometimes with Xan, sometimes now. Glad to see that you enjoyed the story. If this is the first story you've read by me, you'll find that I really love description - sometimes too much :p. This piece came out of a discussion of what Xan would really do. No one over in the Xan thread thought that Xan would jump into an acid pit; it just wasn't his style.
    I can understand the need for fluff. I usually have to read or write fluff after something intense or scary. Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks.

Mousche I'm glad you enjoyed it. I had always planned on killing Obi off. After all, he was the vulnerable one in this storyline. But OE and Layren talked me out of killing off Qui-Gon. This is better since Qui had to deal with his guilt after it's all over.
    Loved writing Xan. He's just so deliciously evil. It was a lot of fun.
    Thanks. [face_blush]

Sionnach-Airgid LOL, of course I let Xan kill off Obi-Wan.[face_batting] Obi is this perfect victim in Xan's quest to torment Jinn. And Xan is just so evil that he'd go for the kid first.
    Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks.

14. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm so glad this was pushed up.

:eek: :eek:
    Wow. Just... wow. I loved and hated Xani throughout the entire piece. He was just.. Wow.

You killed Obi! :_|

I really can't say anything that hasn't already been said. Beautiful job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.