ending of the duel

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by master-kevin, Jul 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. master-kevin Jedi Youngling

star 1
    My friend and I are making a lightsaber duel and we found the perfect setting. Its a woods and it has a river and a cliff with a ten fooot drop into the river. we are definetly going to have me fall into the water. But should that be the end, or should I come back?

Your thoughts
  2. foxbatkllr Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Fall into the river, then your lightsaber shuts off due to the water while your enemy jumps in after you and cleanly slices your head off.
  3. Carl_el_cee Jedi Knight

star 3
    More than it being our thoughts, it should be entirely your decision. Thats part of a storyline, and I think the change of events would be too crucial for any of us to decide on the outcome.

Carl

PS: If you DO come back, just make sure to be wet ;)
  4. Iyidin_Kyeimo Jedi Knight

star 3
    Surely that's up to you.

But, do you have enough ideas to extend the duel afterwards?

Conversely, a fall into water would be very unlikely to kill unless it was very high.
  5. master-kevin Jedi Youngling

star 1
    getting new matterial is not a problem its just placing it
  6. Carl_el_cee Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh, oh! I know, I know!
    Well seriosuly, you can have your enemie slash at you, you put on a Darth Maulish face like when he's chopped in two, and fall into the river. Then, if you know how to float, film a shot of you floating in the water, pretty much lifeless. :)

The ideal shot setup would be the following (although you'd have to fall in 3 times, which means drying yourself at least twice) :

- The camera is ontop of the (cliff) and films you/him getting cut and just topelling (sp?) over the edge. You'll actually fall in, but cut the scene when your just in mid-air.

- THe camera is at the river level, and it films you falling from the top (the last position) to about a few feet from the river.

- The camera is back atop the (cliff) and films you falling in. But only takes in the area where you splash.

Not that this is what you wanted, I just had a bit of oral storyboarding inspiration ;)

Carl
  7. master-kevin Jedi Youngling

star 1
    thanx dude that was a great idea
  8. Primrodo Jedi Master

star 4
    Or three cameras....:)
  9. Digidude Jedi Knight

star 1
    the other guy jumps after you and stabs you and get a blood capsule and make it have blood flowing in the river.
  10. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    or have them fighting til they get really tired, and then they can break into song!

Nah, that's a pathetic idea
  11. Carl_el_cee Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hmm, yeah and then make them become friends because they find themselves in the same stressful position... Nah, too cliché ;)

Carl
  12. crutag-ventor Jedi Master

star 4
    halibut I think that has already been done. ;)
  13. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    Has it?

Oops, my bad!

Well, whoever did it needs to be culled!
  14. Carl_el_cee Jedi Knight

star 3
    LOL, thats a great sig, Halibut. "I 'ate them", too good [face_laugh]

Mmm.. bourbons. Those rectangular ones with chocolate in the middle? mmmm... sorry, /me is hungry :)

Carl
  15. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    I was very bored at work today.

I started work today at the chicken factory Padley's and was (for part of it) helping out with stringing the birds up for mass execution. Later, my boss came up to me and asked how I was getting on, so I said

"I killed them! I killed them all! And not just the chickens, but the hens, and the chicks too! They're like animals, and I slaughtered them like animals. I hate them!!!"

My boss didn't have a clue what I was talking about, but the other bloke with me cracked up!
  16. crutag-ventor Jedi Master

star 4
  17. nhaines Jedi Knight

star 1
    halibut, that was the funniest thing I've seen in ages! [face_laugh]

Sounds like a good way to lose a job, though, if your boss hasn't seen Episode II. He might think you're crazy or something! LOL, if only I weren't at work. I just want to die laughing!
  18. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    Hey, I had a lot of thinking time at work today (very boring job) and I've got a lot of built up posting energy! One thing I started wondering about AOTC and whether it's a sequel or a prequel

E1 is a prequel. E2 is also a prequel but it is also a sequel. E3 will be a biprequel and a trisequel. E2 therefore is a prequel to a sequel (E1) and a sequel to a prequel (E3). It is also a sequel to a prequel to a sequel (the prequel being E1 and the 2nd sequel being E3), but if E2 is a sequel to a prequel to a sequel, it is also a sequel to a prequel to a prequel (E3 also being a prequel). A prequel to a sequel is, by definition, the same film, as a prequel cancels out a sequel and a sequel cancels out a prequel, but E2 (being a sequel to a prequel) is therefore the same as E3 (also being a sequel to a prequel as well as a prequel to a sequel). So does a prequel have dominance over a sequel or does a sequel have dominance over a prequel. You could argue that E1 is a sequel (being made after the films it is prequelling), even though it is a prequel. But E2 is a sequel to this prequel (or sequel) as well as being a prequel in its own right. You could say that E5 is a sequel (to E4) and a prequel (to E6) but it is clearly a sequel because at the time of making there was nothing to prequel it to. This is not the case with E2 (prequel to E4 and sequel to E1 - E1 being a prequel). So is E2's prequelability more supercedent that its sequelability? Or does its sequelability take precidence over its prequelabilaty? If only it were that simple. Because apart from being a sequel (E1), a prequel(E2), a sequel to a prequel(E1), a prequel to a sequel(E3), a sequel to a prequel to a sequel(prequel being E1 and 2nd sequel being E3 - E3 being a prequel), a sequel to a prequel to a prequel(E3 being a sequel and a prequel), it is also a sequel to a prequel/sequel to a prequel to a sequel (prequel/sequel being E2, prequel being E1 (or E3 if E2 is a sequel) and the sequel being E5 (which is both a prequel and a seuqel) or E6 (E6 being a sequel and E5 being a sequel (although it's also a prequel to E6)) So should E2 be classed as a sequel or a prequel?
  19. Master_Comyn Jedi Master

star 4
  20. Darth_Obstreperous Jedi Master

star 4
  21. DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Here you go Halibut, your turn.

:D
  22. Trest Jedi Padawan

Halibut!
    Oh Geez! LOL
    The chicken thing!
    Thats funny as hell!

You should make a film short with you, your boss and a bunch of dead chickens!

LOL
  23. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    Daft: Touché

Ooh, a film there. That would be cool. We've got conveyor belts all over the place!

Star Wars: The Bantum Menace

I can see it now!
Moderators: AdamBertocci
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.