main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Endless Rain - JA, much angst- finished now!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by female_obi_wan, Mar 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. female_obi_wan

female_obi_wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    Title: Endless Rain
    Author(s): female_obi_wan
    Timeframe: JA
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Genre: Angst, character death
    Summary: Qui-Gon has to face an impossible choice...

Endless Rain

It was dark.

The night was closing in. The only light came from undereneath the door, but also from the other side of that door came muffled screams, that were quickly silenced.

The room was small and cramped, with only one window. It had bars across it. The bars could not be shifted. There was no Force here. Qui-Gon knew. He had tried.

Even when he knew his powers were no good here, he had tried. He couldn't not try. His Padawan was in the next room, being tortured. Screams were accompanied by manical laughter. Qui-Gon knew the manical laughter. It was the laughter of the Governor of the planet they were on. A cold and ruthless man. One who had hated Obi-Wan Kenobi from the very start.
    Qui-Gon should have paid more attention, and not dismissed it as a unfortunate detail of the mission. He had been a fool.

Again, he cursed himself. He was chained to the wall, and could only lean his head against his arms. If only he had been wiser. If only. Then, when things had started falling apart around them and the people of the planet, he would have known what to do. As it was, he hadn't. And now the Governor and his men were torturing Obi-Wan.

For fun.

Things hadn't been nice on the planet. Fighting and corruption. People were dying. The planet itself was harsh. Rain all the time. Rain and wind and snow. It had been raining when Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon were taken prisoner. It was still pouring. He could hear it.

While the screams were quiet- Obi-Wan didn't want to cause his Master more pain- every so often there was a sound, of some hidous machine or weapon that made Qui-Gon's blood run cold. He struggled against the chains holding him, even though he knew they'd never budge. He had to save his Padawan. Had to stop what was being done to him.

But it was stopping. It was stopping slowly. The screams were slowing. There was the sound of something being lifted up.

Please let them have stopped!

A few seconds later, the door was flung open, and Qui-Gon blinked in the light. Two burly men with electro-jabbers held Obi-Wan. They dropped him to the floor like he was rubbish.

"Obi-Wan," Qui-Gon said., his mouth dry. Those were the first words he'd uttered in hours. Or was it a whole day? He had no idea.

The Governor kicked Obi-Wan with his red leather boot.

"Insolent scum."

"You tortured a eighteen year old boy," Qui-Gon said. He looked at Obi-Wan, looked at the wounds and the burns, and felt sick. "And you got pleasure in it. You took pleasure in hurting a living, breathing thing. You don't deserve to live."

"That's a matter of opinion, Master Jedi," the Governor said casually. He raised a hand, and two of the guards came forward and freed Qui-Gon from the chains. Qui-Gon fell to the ground, then crawled towards Obi-Wan and cradled him in his arms.
    The Governor shook his head derisively, as if any show of love truly showed weakness, a weakness he loathed with all his being.

"Master Jedi," he said. "I have a proposition for you."

Qui-Gon didn't answer. Instead he laid his Padawan down on the floor, and stood up, his fists clenched.

"Go, before I do something I'll regret."

"You're a Jedi. Keep your temper." the Governor said,a sickly sweetness in his voice. "I've seen you fight in battle. I've seen your power, your talent. I want you to join me."

"No."

The Governor smiled a skeleton of a smile. "I am not such a bad man, Master Jedi. I do what needs to be done, as you Jedi do. As you do."

"Jedi do not kill for pleasure. The Darkside flows inside you. It cosumes you. I will never join."

Obi-Wan stirred in his Master's arms. The Governor looked, and smiled slowly again.

"The boy lives. Well, not for much longer. If you will not let me have you, your precious boy dies. I will be back shortly. Very

2. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    :_| Oh my poor, tortured Obi-Wan! And how about Qui! To hear his padawan's screams... :( Good job so far, though sad. I can't believe how sick and digusting these people are!

3. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Oh you evil person you!!! Poor Obi!!!

:_|

More soon!! How is Qui gonna respond to this>?

4. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    :eek:

That was awful!

*blinks*

I mean, it was great, just what you did to Obi... poor Qui-Gon. Why should he have to make this choice between what he loves and what he knows is wrong? So hard!

UPDATE! PLEASE!

5. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000

Nonono, I dont like that 'character death' thing you have in your disclaimer info.

Angst. I love angst. Great job so far!

Obi

6. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Don't do it Qui-Gon!

I too find the disclaimer of character death a little frightening. I hope it aint my Obi that's the doomed character!!!!

Great start! I look forward to more!

7. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Hobson's Choice! Eeek! What will Qui-Gon do now??? Excellant start :)

8. female_obi_wan

Aug 1, 2002
    Jess-Thanks for replying! I think you're going to kill me for this next part, though...

Arwen-Jade-Kenobi-Evil? *whistles innocently* :) Thanks for reading!

KrystalBlaze-Here's the next part for you. :)

Obi the Kid-Thanks!

Kelly Kenobi-Frightened, you should be. ;) *stops doing Yoda impressions* Thanks for replying.

Jemmiah-Oops, we posted at the same time. :) Thanks!

Endless Rain

Qui-Gon stayed in the darkness for a few horrified seconds. Then he kneeled down next to Obi-Wan, looking down into his face. It was covered in blood. Qui-Gon used the sleeve of his tunic to wipe the blood away, but more came from the wounds.

"Padawan," Qui-Gon whispered, and held him close. "You were brave, Obi-Wan. So brave."

Obi-Wan reached up to touch his Master's face. He was trying to speak. "I..." he croaked, and then he tried again. "I...I will die."

"No!" Qui-Gon said, shaking his head in desperation. "When we get out of here, we can find someone to treat your wounds. You won't die. You won't."

"They said I would die, unless you joined them." Obi-Wan whispered

"Then I..." Qui-Gon began to stay, and then stopped. His heart stopped also. No. No. Please no. No. NO!

"Don't follow them." Obi-Wan said. With the Force blocked, Qui-Gon could not heal Obi-Wan's pain, but he seemed to be managing. He should live. He must live! He's far to young to die. I should die! "If you agree to what they want, the Dark Side will consume you too. I can't let that happen. Promise me you won't go...no matter what. No matter what..."

Qui-Gon's heart broke, each piece falling to a void. "They must be another way. There must be."

"No." Obi-Wan said. "You must let me go. I may die, but I'll die in peace, knowing you're safe from the darkness."

"There must be a way!" Qui-Gon yelled, and he flung himself against the door. "Another way out of this! You won't die because of my mistakes!" He hurled his whole body against the door. It wouldn't budge. And of course neither of them had their lightsabres. He hit the door again and again, hoping against hope that sheer strength and willpower could make it open. It didn't. He hit the walls. He pulled at the bars of the windows, snarling in rage as they didn't move. He searched the walls for cracks, hitting any crack he found, in the hope that the wall would collapse and they could escape. He wasn't thinking straight. He would never think straight again. Xanatos, Tahl, Obi-Wan! It couldn't be! It couldn't!

He saw his Padawan look at him, with frightened eyes.

The last piece of Qui-Gon's heart disappeared somewhere where it would never be found. He kneeled next to Obi-Wan and held him tight. "Padawan..."

"Promise you'll say no. Say no. Say yes and you will fall." His eyes were scared, but full of love.

Qui-Gon nodded.

Obi-Wan smiled in relief. "Thank you, Master." He leant his head against Qui-Gon's shoulder. "Master, you've been as a father to me. I love you."

Qui-Gon didn't think his heart could be broken twice in a minute, but it did and the pain was raw and and hard. "I love you too, Obi-Wan. You've been the best Padawan...the best son...anyone could have."

The door banged open. There stood the Governor and his men. One of them held a sharp knife in his hand. Qui-Gon fought to keep himself from throwing up.

"How very, very touching." the Governor said, a sadistic smile on his face.

Qui-Gon raised a hand to strike him. The Governor caught it and forced the Jedi Master to the floor. Qui-Gon hadn't guessed the Governor to be that strong.

Another thing he hadn't guessed.

"Have you made your decision, then, Master?"

Qui-Gon glanced at Obi-Wan, who shook his head no.

"No." Qui-Gon said in a low whisper. "I won't follow you. Ever."

"Chain him back to the wall." the Governor comanded casually, as if telling someone to lay a table or pass a cup. "and take the boy. Kill him."

Their last parting was brief, then. Qui-G

9. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    You killed Obi Wan! You killed Obi Wan my beautiful Obi Wan and poor Qui Gon, at least he didn't have to watch I guess. This was really powerful and very very sad, I have to go now, I can't type throught the tears

10. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    [face_shocked] SARAH!! GET YOUR BUTT OVER HERE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!! How... how could you kill *my* precious Obi? You...he...he's dead! Darned right I'm going to kill you!!!!!!!
    All anger at KILLING MY BOY apart, you did a very nice job with this, and did well with the emotions. But... YOU KILLED OBI-WAN!!!!!!! :(

Edit: I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE YOU KILLED OBI!!!
    Edit #2: I'm still mad... ;) Obiiiiiii!!! :_|

11. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

12. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! *Runs to hug poor Quiggy* Poor big guy - he'll be feeling so guilty! :( *sniff* Poor Obi-Wan!

13. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    :eek:

That was beautiful! You've described the emotions of Qui-Gon so well and Obi-Wan character is so well in tune! I love the way you've portrayed him. Excellent, excellent work. Bravo!

But now onto the bashing...

YOU KILLED HIM! YOU KILLED HIM! AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! NO! MY POOR OBI-WAN! YOU KILLED HIM! :_| This is so sweet! I [face_love] it!

Please say there's a twist! Say there's a twist and there's going to be an update! SAY IT! SAY IT!

14. female_obi_wan

Aug 1, 2002
    Hananiah: Thanks for reading! And I agree...poor Qui. :_|

Jess: Please don't kill me. :D I won't do it again, I promise! *casually hides several notebooks with even sadder scenes behind table* 8-}

Obi the Kid: Thanks for replying...and 'Noooooooo!' is right. ;)

Jemmiah: Yes,he will all right! :( Thanks for reading! :)

KrystalBlaze: Thanks. [face_blush] Here's your update!

Endless Rain

Drip. Drip. Drip. Drip.

A void of dripping water.

Qui-Gon no longer struggled against his bonds. He had been here days. Maybe even a week. Food for the first few days. A tough, tasteless gruel. Then they'd stopped giving him anything. Maybe they'd decided he wasn't worth keeping alive after all. No more food. No more water. His life was slipping away. He made no effort to keep it. He wanted death.

He had failed one who meant the world to him. He had failed Obi-Wan. Failed the Force- for it would have wanted him to find another way. Failed everything and anything.

Drip. Drip. Drip. It must be raining. Again.

Perhaps it wouldn't be long now. Not long before his life failed.

He didn't think much about his death. He thought of Obi-Wan. He thought of their first meeting. How much of a fool had he been, not to see the boy's talent and wonder from the beginning! The river stone. The lightsabres drawn on Melinda/Daan. The smiles. The laughter. The look of fear in Obi-Wan's face as his Master vowed revenge on Tahl's murderers.

He did not deny he had been thinking of revenge. The Governor- a being whose real name he didn't even know-had taken his
    Padawan's life. That thud echoed in his kind, matching the sound of the drips. Drip. Drip. Drip. Thud. Thud. Thud.

How could he not seek revenge? Some people deserved to die. No-one more than the people who'd sentanced Obi-Wan to death. But how could he do that to his Padawan? No. No revenge. He would die first, anyway. Soon.

Very soon.

There was a scatching at the wall.

Soon.

Drip. Drip. Drip. Scratch. Scratch. Scratch.

Maybe there were rats of some kind here?

Scratch.

Scccrraatttcchhh...

Something was scraping through the wall...

Something was coming through the wall...

Qui-Gon shook his head. What could come through the wall. It was his mind, playing cruel tricks on him. He closed his eyes.
    Let me die. He said we would see each other again...

"Qui-Gon!"

Qui-Gon's eyes flew upon. "Obi-Wan?"

It wasn't. It was Adi Gallia, and her Padawan Siri. Behind them was Mace Windu, Council member. Adi stepped forward and, with some difficulty, sliced through the chains that bound Qui-Gon.

He fell to the floor.

Everything went dark. Someone picked him up.

When he opened his eyes, he had to close them again. The light was too much for him, having been trapped in a dark place for who knew how long.

"Qui-Gon," came a voice.He opened his eyes again, and saw it was Mace. He was standing by the bed Qui-Gon realised he was in, looking rather worried.

Qui-Gon found his voice. "Where am I?"

"We're in a safe place. The home of a friend." He looked at Qui-Gon, questionally and sadly.

"They..." Qui-Gon struggled to get the words out of him. "They killed...they killed my..."

"They killed your apprentice." Mace's voice was sympathetic. Qui-Gon looked down to hide the tears running down his face.

Mace lay a hand on Qui-Gon's shoulder. "I am sorry for your loss." he said. Qui-Gon looked away, only managing a nod.
    Mace left the room. Qui-Gon heard him speak to someone outside the room. "I'm sorry, Siri. He is one with the force now." It
    must be the girl, asking after her friend. The tears ran down his face more freely now. Obi-Wan was gone. Bant would be devatsated. Garen and Reeft, too. what was Siri thinking right niow? How would Yoda take it? How could he-survive, now that he was free, healed and no longer in danger of dying?

Because there w

15. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    This is so sad. And Qui asking for Obi's saber... Dont give in to your hate, Qui-Gon!!!!!!

Obi

16. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Oh...that was lovely! Sad too, but very moving. The memories that Qui-Gon had, and his wondering why he had never picked up on Obi-Wan's force talent from the start...to the mention of the river rock was very well written indeed! And as previously mentioned, Qui-Gon's asking for his padawan's saber was touching too.

Looking forward to the next part! :)

17. Lurkalidth

Lurkalidth Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2003
    Very poignant piece! :D Good portrayal of QG's inner struggle. I look forward to your next chapter.

18. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    Awwwwwwwwwwww. :( And I am very mad for this part- Qui-Gon!"

Qui-Gon's eyes flew upon. "Obi-Wan?"

It wasn't.
    -where you had struck this tiny tiny possibility of it actually being Obi-Wan. Thanks. [face_plain] :D JK. No, but that was really sad. OOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBBBBBIIIIIIIIIII!!!!! :(

19. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    POST IT UP NOW!!!

20. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    :_| YOu killed him!!! Argh!!! Poor Qui, now he's on the verge of going Jedi Postal!!

More now!!! come on I'm waiting here!!

21. female_obi_wan

Aug 1, 2002
    Obi the Kid: You can see now if he does or not! :)

Jemmiah: Thanks! [face_blush]

Lurkalidth: Thanks! Here's the last part for ya.

Jess: :_| I'm sorry! So sorry! ;)

Renton Kenobi: Here you go!

Arwen-Jade-Kenobi: Thanks!

Endless Rain

The Governor's face twisted into a snarl.

"Still alive! I thought you'd have rotted in the dungeons by now. Your Jedi friends save you, did they? Didn't save that boy, though?"

Qui-Gon's mind screamed at him. Kill him! Kill the murderer! Kill the one who ended Obi-Wan's life- and yours! Qui-Gon struggled to quiet it.

"Come and avenge his death," the Governor said cheerfully, and started running up the stairs to the highest tower of the house.
    Qui-Gon ran after him. Out of the corner of his eye he could see Siri, protecting her Master's back. He felt another pang of grief. They reached the top. Through a door. The highest room. Huge windows. You could see the whole town. It was by that big white building that Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and the Governor had first met. By the revolving tower was where the Jedi had been taken prisoner...

The Governor pulled out a blaster, and fired. Qui-Gon deflected the shots with his 'sabre. The shots hit the walls, leaving black marks.

The Governor smirked.

Qui-Gon's rage at the evil, cruel man finally erupted. With one deft move, the blaster was sent spinning across the floor. Suddenly, the Governor did not look happy.

It would be easy. Too easy. Kill him. Kill him!

Promise you'll say no. Say no. Say yes and you will fall.

Governor Scelus reached for the blaster.

Kill him. Kill him for what he did.

The river stone shining. Smiles and laughter and a hand on his face. Protecting the other. Caring for the other. Nights
    spent kneeling by Obi-Wan's bed, in case a fever got worse. The 'thud' noise. It still echoed and it would never stop echoing as long as he lived.

Padawan, he thought. Help me.

The Governor reached for the blaster. Pointed it at the Jedi Master.

I will not kill you. I will not kill in revenge. My son would not want that. I loved him. Love is more powerful than hate. Far more powerful than you.

The Governor's finger curled around the trigger. Peace filled Qui-Gon. He stepped back, holding his lightsabre.Surrendering.

Or not.

The blaster bolt hit his chest, his heart. He crumpled to the floor, the lightsabre deactivated and a smile on his face.

"Pathetic!"

The Governor rose, drawing himself up to his full height, slightly shaken, talking to himself. He was, after all, a man who liked the sound of his own voice.

He saw the glitter of silver in the dead man's hand. "A weapon." he mused. "The Jedi won't expect this."
    Laughing, he ignited it, imaginining the bright green blade running through his enemies downstairs, leaving them as dead as this Master now was. He gave the body a kick for good measure.

Obi-Wan's lightsabre dislodged from the belt. It rolled across the floor. The Governor, strding towards the door with the green blade glittering and a wicked smile on his face, didn't notice.

He fell right over it.

He fell with a shriek. The green blade plungled into his torso. He still clutched the lightsabre. His thumb hit the button to turn it off. But one split second later his life of murder ended, and his last expression was one of utter shock.

Both lightsabres rolled away from him, back to the body of the Jedi Master.

Downstairs, the fight had been won. Siri pushed her hair from her face, feeling very worried indeed. A look at Mace and her Master told her that they felt it too. All three Jedi hurried for the stairs, and burst into the highest room.

Siri gasped slightly at the sight of the bodies. She kneeled over Qui-Gon, checking for any sign of life, but she knew it was fruitless; he was dead.

"Do you think he..." she swallowed. She had heard about Qui-Gon's reaction to Tahl's death. But turning completely, taking a li

22. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Oh man, that is SO sad. Pass the tissues please.

Obi

23. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    Hands a large economy size box of tissue to Obi The Kid while taking some for herself.

24. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003

Oh God you killed Qui as well! I'm going through so many tissues well done and Bant could feel Obi wan at the end it was lovely.
    Oh God that was so sad!!!!
    Well done

25. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    I can't believe that you killed Qui also!! [face_shocked] It was very very good though. It was dark, but there were stars.

"I told you, Master. We're together again. Thank you for keeping your promise. I've missed you."

"And I've missed you-so much."

Their hands grasped again. The rain stopped,forever.

Wow. Very nicely written- great job!! :D I'm still sad though... :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.