main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Endor Genereal Solo?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by GenMadine, Jan 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GenMadine

GenMadine Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 7, 2002
    I just saw the action figure picture of Endor Genereal Solo in the action figure section of TF.N, and what gets me is that they say that was Han Solo in ROTJ who duped the Imperials

I always thought that was Han in the transmission, with the helmet on, but the voice, "The rebels have been routed and ...." does not sound like Harrison Ford to me, and right after, when the squads go outside, Han is right there on the side of the bunker and then jumps out and does his arm shrug when the Ewoks surround the Imperials.

So how could he get down from the AT-ST so fast, How can he change his clothes so fast?
    I mean, if he just put the helmet and glove on for the transmission, then the figure should reflect that. Then he would still need to climb down from the AT-ST really fast. It does not make sense.

Yes, it looks like Harrison Ford speaking in the Helemt, so that ins interesting into itself, but as far as the movie goes, I question that was really Han - just a "look alike rebel" - I always thought it had to another rebel because of the logistics.

you get what I mean? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Madine out

2. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Yes, it may have taken a bit long for Han (it was Han's face and Han's voice, so it was Han, trust me and dozens of others, Bib among them ;)) to get out of the Imperial uniform, but the cut may very well have skipped a few minutes for the troops to gather and/ or form up and make their way outside, so Han had the time to climb out of the AT-ST

But, yeah, I don't see much sense in getting into the complete uniform for a 10 second transmission

take the action figure as artistic license ;)

3. Dark_Hunter

Dark_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2003
    Well spotted General! I too always thought that Han had put just the helmet on, for the sake of the broadcast. Now we get an action figure that's got the whole uniform! There was no need for Han to put the whole suit on and I think you're correct in saying he couldn't have got changed in time. Somebody in Hasbro has screwed up I think?

BTW do you think this will get moved to the Collecting forum?

4. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    The AT-ST could have some kind of a voice modulator, which would explain for the different sounding voice.

As for Solo and the AT-ST, I just don't see why he did not stay in it in case the Imps offerred up a fight. The AT-ST would go a long way in subdoing a fight before it is even started.

Besides, it would take a few moments for the orders to be given and for the soldiers to form up in preperation of moving out. I'd say that Solo had about two minutes before the Imps arrived, plenty of time to change I guess.

Nah, it will stay here for the moment, so long as discussion does not center around the action figure and sticks to Han in the AT-ST.

5. GenMadine

Mar 7, 2002
    BTW do you think this will get moved to the Collecting forum?

No, I put it here because this is a movie - related question that stemmed from the figure. If told, we can move it there.

Madine out

6. ObiwanJohn

ObiwanJohn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    "I mean, if he just put the helmet and glove on for the transmission, then the figure should reflect that. Then he would still need to climb down from the AT-ST really fast. It does not make sense. "

You want an action figure of this. Just so I understand, you want a Han figure with brown pants w/green stripes, black boots, grey shirt, black vest, AT-ST helmet and one glove? Boy wouldn't that be a neat figure. It could be called Peg Warmer Han.

As far as it being Han and Hans voice, yes it was. Go watch the movie again. It's Harrison Ford's voice. Further getting down from a AT-ST would not take that long. It either has a ladder or a pole that extends down and both can be easily slide down fast. It would take about 2 minutes for Han to get down. It would take just a bit long for the Imperial troops to get to the bunker door.

7. GenMadine

Mar 7, 2002
    And changing his clothes - that jump suit over all his other clothes and boots - all that changing plus climbing down? Yeah, not realistic.

Again, never heard it as Harrison Ford's voice, that is why I never got that was "supposed" to be Han. Obviously the face was the same....

And they make figures like the one you describe. Luke with the Farmer's hat and long gun. Chewie Mechanic is another good example. So the helmet and one glove figure is not so far fetched. Hell, they making their second Lando General figure. They will make a figure out of anything.

Madine out

8. 4LOM

4LOM Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2004
    Who WON'T they make figures for? What's next, Luke in desert poncho (from the Mos Eisley scenes), Luke in Underoos (to float in the Bacta tank). Scary thing is, they are probably out there somewhere, along with Luke in stupid-looking white bucket hat that wasn't even in the movie! Making a Han in Stormtrooper disguise makes sense. A kid can have fun with that...but Han dressed as an AT-ST driver? Who cares?

Of course, I'm the guy who owned the 'Cloud Car Pilot' back in the day...talk about your obscure movie character. So maybe I shouldn't throw stones.

9. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Han was definitely the one who duped the Imperials into emptying the bunker.

10. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    That always sounded like Harrison Ford to me.

11. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    Just think of it as a plot hole! ;)

12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmm...interesting. I also always thought he only put on the helmet and the glove because if you watch closely in the film , the picture cuts him off right at his neck, not showing anything lower than his chin. That would cover up his other clothes. But either way, a jumpsuit wouldn't be that hard to pull on in the time he had, especially with it being in one piece.

I think this was just an act by hasbro to make a figure never before produced. They do have an artistic license afterall.

13. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    I don't see how anyone could think it's not. It's so obviously him, and I've never thought the voice didn't sound like Harrison Ford. All he had to do after the transmission ended was take off the helmet and gloves, jump back down to the ground, then get in position. And of course, it's not like there's no time because the Stormtroopers are just waiting on the other side of the door. I'm sure they had a few corridors to hurry down before getting to the door, so Han had plenty of time.

14. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    Of course, I'm the guy who owned the 'Cloud Car Pilot' back in the day...talk about your obscure movie character. So maybe I shouldn't throw stones.

Not to get too off-topic, but how about Bob the Henchmen from BATMAN for an obscure movie character? Haha!! He gets his own character, and Vickie Vale doesn't.

15. 4LOM

4LOM Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2004
    Hey, Bob the Goon served a purpose...Batman needs someone besides the Joker to beat up, right? You're right though, Commissioner Gordon, Vicki, Alfred, just to name a few, could have used figures in that line.

Actually, I shouldn't have slammed the Cloud Car Pilot in my previous post...he was pretty cool looking and you needed SOMEONE to drive the Cloud Car toy, right?

Most useless figure: Rancor Keeper, bar none.

16. ObiwanJohn

ObiwanJohn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    The pic of the new action figure is available on TFN. However, I do believe it is just the AT-ST driver repackaged w/Solo on the card. I have the AT-ST driver and the new Endor Han looks exactly the same. It's not even a repaint.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.