main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Endurance Squadron *please join*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Darth McClain, May 15, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Need to know facts:
    Endurance Squad is stationed on Crescant Moon a captured ISDII under the command of Admiral Cord. The two other squads on Moon are ThunderForce, a K-wing Squad, and Nova Squad, a X-wing Squad. TF is under Commander Rusty Dynis and Nova is under command of Captain Aeron Besia.

The squad mechanic is Lieutenant Marc Antionous and the droid tech is Tyl Gith. The temperary Intel officer is Commander Mace Kaytorn. Kaytorn's R8 is Tongan.

[This message has been edited by Darth McClain (edited 05-19-2000).]

2. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    I don't need a bio, though. I am supposed to be "mysterious" and I guess that means that my character will reveal is little secrets a little bit at a time.

3. LeiaB

LeiaB Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 1999
    Just wanted to mention that Daynera Jacan is Azreal Jacans daughter.

Thanks for adding me to the roster.

[This message has been edited by LeiaB (edited 05-19-2000).]

4. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Any time, LeiaB!

5. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    I'll be gone this weekend. LB or whoever-make a new roster if ppl join, 'k?

6. LeiaB

May 30, 1999
    Hey McClain
    Just in the hopes that this will NOT turn out like Thunderstrike Squadron - too much planning and no action...
    I assume you want 12 members in the squad..but how many do you want on the roster before you plan on starting the story?

Anyone interested in joining..please list your characters name so we can add you to the roster!

and have a good weekend!

7. Sci Michaels

Sci Michaels Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2000
    All my posts from yesterday seem to have disappeared. Hopefully I'm not posting this twice.

Full Name: Nijub
    Species: Ewok
    Homeworld: The Sanctuary Moon
    Desired Flight Number (Pick From Available): Endurance 9
    Call Sign (Character's Nickname): Gorax, officially, but usually squadmates end up calling him Kettch
    Astromech Droid (Droid's Nickname and #): Teek (R7-D2)
    Level Of Force Sensitivity: Minimal
    Appearance (Eyes, Hair, Other): Brown and beige fur, black eyes
    Personality (Basics): Friendly, outgoing, curious, and fed-up with Kettch jokes
    Brief History: A young ewok, just barely grown beyond a wokling, looked up at the starfighters passing overhead after the destruction of the Death Star, and determined that one day he would be in one of those space hanggliders, with him controlling it.
    It took a long time and a lot of hard work. Nijub stowed away on one of the Rebel ships as they left the moon after their celebration party. Fortunately, the Rebels that found him were too kind to space him and too lazy to take him back.
    Over the next ten years, Nijub learned basic then learned all he could about starships and how to fly them from various sources. Finally, his skills were advanced enough he could apply to the New Republic's Flight Academy. He's been flying with the Republic for five years now.

[This message has been edited by Sci Michaels (edited 05-22-2000).]

8. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    I made XO! Cool! Thanks, Darth McClain!
    Oh, and by the way, Thosan has an R2 unit named R2-D9.

9. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Thanks LeiaB! Sci-it only showed up once. Ty-Gon-I give the second highest origional member that honor! We have 9 pilots with bios. We can start tommarow!

10. Talon Squad Leader

Dec 22, 1999
    Here is my bio:

Name: Rell Mynk

Species: Human

Home world: Unkown

Ship: Slowburner, a 4,000 year old Coruscant-class Heavy Courier

Specifications: A bountyhunter of unknown status, is rumored to be ruthless to his prey. Has been in the service of mainly the enemies of the Empire, though he has gone to the employer who pays the highest.

He his dressed in a dark black suit of high density metal armor, with a jetpack and plasma gun. He carries a high-powered assault rifle and is known to be a crack-shot with a sniper rifle.

Most of the information on this mysterious character is unknown due to his efficiency at his job. It is known that when you do become his target you never survive to see the light of day.

11. LeiaB

May 30, 1999
    Hey McClain - you're the lead....I agree, time to start the thread.
    It's your story, so go...we've got enough members to get started

12. Talon Squad Leader

Dec 22, 1999
    Rell's rearing to go!

13. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    *is thinking for mission idea*

14. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Got one!
    Ok here it is!
    Vidlis manages to capture The NRI director, General Tey Quinn, and has him on his ISDIII, Renegade. Skinner finds out and sends a task force from his flagship (a SSD of course!) to capture Quinn. Quinn's chief agent, Jell Fids, notices his disapearence and then Endurance Squad is called in. Rell is hired by Vidlis to stop Skinner's force, but he is offered tons of money not to by the Sith Lord him self.
    Sound good?

15. Talon Squad Leader

Dec 22, 1999
    Sounds good. But who is Ridlis (or whatever his name is)?

16. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    TSL-if you would read Polis' bio, yoy would learn that Vidlis is the destroyer of his former squad.

17. Talon Squad Leader

Dec 22, 1999
    Okay, thanks. Can we start now?

18. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Okay, Go Ahead and start, DMcC

19. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Frosty joined. Here is her bio:
    Name: Maggie Tydarien
    Species: Human, Coruscant-born (what do you call a native? Coruscantian?)
    Hair: Red, cropped spike-short, with a beaded tail behind right ear. (no, it is NOT a Padawan braid.)
    Appearance: 5'11", skinny, with sharp features. Golden eyes.
    Other: Force-sensitive, carries a lightsaber (though she isn't terribly good with it yet). Careless of other people's property, sardonic sense of humor. R2 unit named Rustbucket. Likes to slice into files. Good X-wing pilot.

20. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Hey, I figured this was as good a place as any to start marking "constructive criticism" threads somehow. Hence the "ConCrit."

Anyway, I had a suggestion for the next time the SWAFF awards are done. Granted, there are a few things that just struck me as "WHA?" when I read them, and I still think the term "cameo" should be refined, since that's not really what you're meaning, but . . .

The big thing I'm thinking is perhaps having small clips from each of the nominated films up for checking out. My main reason is that the Dark Side film is excellent. Good story, nifty ending, etc. Of the people I know who have seen it, almost all of them place it in their top 3 fav. fan films. BUT . . . I don't think it can possibly get the kind of consideration with the SWAFF People's Choice since the file itself is almost 300 MB, which has to be download in, what, 17 files? Most people haven't even seen it, for the sheer size considerations. Now, granted, they don't want their film recompressed or anything, but couldn't a small clip of this, and other fan films--especially those not on TFN--be put up at the FFX or SWAFF area to let these films, if not get the full consideration they deserve, then to at least take a step in that direction.

It's something to think about at least.

21. Yarrick Nightrunner

Yarrick Nightrunner Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2000
    I agree. In speaking to others through mirc alot of people havent even seen all of the nominees, yet voted in almost every category. They recognized one of the 4 0r 5 films in the group and just voted for it. I realize this is a slightly different problem, because there is now way to monitor everyones votes and whether or not they viewed the film, but I personally would feel better if they could at least have a clip to see a little piece of the others. Something that exemplifies why a particular piece was nominated. For example in the fight scene nomination show the best fight scene from each movie. Same for visual effects etc...

Nightrunner

22. Yarrick Nightrunner

Jun 17, 2000
    sorry i double posted

Nightrunner

[This message has been edited by Yarrick Nightrunner (edited 06-23-2000).]

23. Crunchacca

Crunchacca Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2000
    I have to agree with nightrunner on this one your highnass

24. Semaj Ovured

Semaj Ovured Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2000
    My question is this ... who decided who was and was not on this "academy?" I mean, no one asked me to join.

And will winners in each category join the academy like in AMPAS?

Herein lies the question.

25. Yarrick Nightrunner

Jun 17, 2000
    I asked that same question, because I was interested in becoming a voting member. Apparently a while back there were applications to become an Academy member. I think this was probably before there was any hype so that they wouldn't just get a bunch of people like they would now.

Nightrunner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.