main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Enduring Force (drama, conflict and some deadly worms) PT /OT /AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by laserwriter, Jul 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laserwriter

laserwriter Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2008
    Title: Enduring Force
    Author: Laserwriter
    Era: PT/OT/AU
    Characters: Qui-Gon; Palpatine; Anakin/Vader.
    Lowdown: drama; conflict and some deadly worms.
    Teaser: What if Anakin was the son of a Sith?
    Notes: The first part is my take on Anakin's fall to the Dark Side (with a backstory); the second part is my take on Luke's battle with the Sith (with a grizzly scene at the end!)
    Disclaimer: It's George's Universe with a fannish twist.

#

The Son is not the Father!

Powerless, Qui-Gon had watched the slaughter from the upper balcony. Jedi lay silent where they had fallen. The killer troops, laser-blasting their way through the chambers and corridors of the Jedi Temple, led by a traitor, now hunted the little ones ? and soon they would enemy would discover him.

Words once spoken in good faith had been defiled, the promise of Jedi greatness wrenched away from the light; a vow blackened like the scorched wounds of the dead.

The truth brought pain: How could I have been so wrong?...

For twenty years Qui-Gon had been paralyzed. His body was chair-bound but his spirit endured ? the spirit conveyed his noble image, spoke his noble thoughts. He served on the Jedi council, entrusted with Galactic peacekeeping and Sith vigilance. Five years ago reports reached the council of a warrior Sith on Kessel; Obi-Wan Kenobi was sent to the spice world to uncover the truth. The Jedi Knight discovered an angry youth, an orphan named Anakin Skywalker. He was in league with a gang of mercenaries; he piloted a speeder with skill and he wielded a red-bladed light-sabre. Kenobi captured Skywalker, brought him before the council and a grievous truth was revealed. Skywalker was the off-spring of Darth Maul.
    It was Maul that had battled and crippled Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan who had slayed the Sith.

Though Anakin never knew his father, the Jedi council saw him as an emerging threat. The vote was eleven to one: life imprisonment. But Qui-Gon sensed a goodness ? and a significance ? in Anakin. He requested Jedi training for the boy.
    When it was refused, the Jedi Master threatened to leave the Order. The council relented. Qui-Gon commenced the training and Obi-Wan completed it. Anakin Skywalker grew to be a worthy Jedi Knight. Until this day.

Three white troopers entered Qui-Gon's private chamber and reported their find. The faceless clones stood guard over him. Black smoke from a blazing fire billowed outside the window, its deathly aroma seeping into the room. Qui-Gon sensed that he was the last survivor of the ruined Temple. And now the architect of that ruin, Darth Sidious, strode in accompanied by his new disciple. Both were cloaked in black.

Qui-Gon's spirit rose from his withered body and stood before them, great sadness in his shimmering face.

"Master Qui-Gon, the revenge of the Sith is nigh." Sidious sounded imperious, gloating.

"Palpatine!" said Qui-Gon via his spirit ? the voice strong and true. He recognised the Chancellor, and the betrayal. "So you are the Sith Lord. The orchestrator of galactic war."

Sidious smiled malevolently, with a flick of his wrist the guards departed. He looked down on Qui-Gon's crippled form. "Only at the end do you see the truth; that the Jedi have failed. I have plotted my path to power right under your noble noses. I have turned your apprentice into my servant, and I have executed the final coup. By my clone order thousands of Jedi throughout the galaxy are meeting their demise. I will be the Emperor supreme."

"There are Jedi that will survive this treachery." Qui-Gon's shimmering image, cloaked in light, turned to the servant of evil. "Anakin, you have been deceived and corrupted." The fallen Jedi stood silent, simmering in blood lust. "You have committed great wrongs, but if you turn against this Dark Lord the balance of the Force will be restored. Anakin!"

The Sith apprentice approached the ghostly Qui-Gon ? face to fa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.