main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Enemies Among Us - Obi/Qui, pre-TPM - Thank-you So Much To My Readers - Completed 2/3

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Master_Noi, Nov 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    That's my Obi-Wan! A man of action! :D

Another lovely post, a nice pick-me-up at the end of a long, long day!

:)

2. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I wondered if trying to frame the jedi for the assasination was the plan from day one

3. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Wohoo! Fantastic story so far. Poor Obi and Qui! No rest for the weary. There is no such thing as routine when this duo is involved, is there. They're gonna regret big time bringing them into it. You thought Obi and Qui would be *easy* to manipulate?!?!?! Two of the most stubborn Jedi alive? Somebody didn't do near enough research on Qui-Gon before inviting him...
    Can't wait for more!

4. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Kynstar - Athan should be glad Qui has quick reflexes.

oe - Is sure is. :D

maychorian - Glad it inspired some many different reactions. ;)

Broken Nose - No, not very friendly.

Healer_Leona - Not fair that you didn't have to suffer throught the cliffies, but glad you caught up.

t_s - Still not over yet!

Jedikma - No comment. :cool:

VaderLVR - Glad it was anice pick-me-up.

Kitara - Really?

kateydidnt - Yes, they truly didn't know who they were dealing with.

5. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    Chapter 23

Saber still drawn and humming, Qui-Gon started cautiously down the walkway to the right.

?I can sense about everyone on this level making their way over here,? Qui-Gon sighed in frustration.

?How are they finding us??

Qui-Gon cursed under his breath as realization slowly came. He pushed his companions in to the relative shelter of the corner and deactivated his saber.

?Take this,? he said, handing the saber to Sitara.

He pulled up the sleeve of his robe and fingered the tracer. It was relatively seamless, and he couldn?t see an immediate way to remove it.

?They?re tracking me still,? he said. ?I need you to activate my saber with that switch ??

He looked up as Sitara began to frantically shake his head.

?I?ll likely cut your arm off if I use this thing.?

?Not if you?re careful. We don?t have time to argue.?

Sitara reluctantly activated the saber, eyes wide at the majesty of the weapon he was holding. His breathing became frantic as he slowly extended it towards the Jedi master?s wrist, hands shaking slightly. Qui-Gon winced as he felt the searing heat near his wrist, releasing his breath as the severed ring dropped to the floor. Sitara, with sweat now pouring down his face, extinguished the saber quickly handing it back to its rightful owner.

?Okay, let?s go.?

As the group stepped out of the corner, four men charged from down the walkway, firing as they came. Qui-Gon expertly deflected the fire, downing the four men in seconds.

The three men quickened their pace to the maintenance bay. Both the Jedi master and security chief sighed in relief as they finally loaded their charge into the speeder. Sitara followed the minister in, but Qui-Gon made no move to join.

?Your apprentice?? Marinou asked, concerned.

Qui-Gon reached out along the bond.

?Alive.?

?Go to him,? Marinou ordered with a stern gaze.

?I need to make sure you are safe,? Qui-Gon said.

?I can get the minister to safety. I already have a place secured.?

Qui-Gon sensed no deceit in Sitara and no danger in the plan.

?I trust Sitara with my life, Master Jinn. I know you have reason to question who I say that I trust, but he has been my personal guard since I started into politics. I grew up with him.?

?Go, quickly,? Qui-Gon said, sensing several presences congregating right outside the bay doors. As the speeder took off, Qui-Gon turned, once again igniting his blade.
    __

?That?s him,? cried a voice from a walkway above.

Obi-Wan, saber drawn, began to make a run for the corridor across from him, stopping as he sensed a volley of blaster fire come at him. He spun around deflecting the shots, ducking and rolling out of the way of those he couldn?t deflect. He was careful to repel shots harmlessly away from those that fired; some truly thought they were merely trying to protect their leader. His rhythm was disrupted with moving his entire body to deflect shots he could usually use one hand to deflect. He somersaulted forward as two shots came from opposite directions, dodging one as the other one hit him in the right shoulder joint, dropping him to the ground. Knowing he couldn?t stop moving, he dragged himself behind the shelter of a nearby staircase to catch his breath. As he tried to bring his pain under control, he sent out a very simple message.

Master, I need you.
    __

Qui-Gon stood waiting, satisfied at the increasing distance the speeder had gained. The large bay doors hissed open, blaster fire erupting before the doors were completely opened. There were too many. He needed to take cover.

As he tried to formulate a new plan, he was assaulted with shock and unshielded pain. The desperate plea from his padawan?s mind awoke new determination in the Jedi master. He drew the Force around him and stepped out into the open.

With absolute focus, he began to push his way towards the bay doors. Graceful steps met each shot with speed and ease as Qui-Gon danced through the movements the Force set out for him. He soon passed through the doo

6. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Yay!! Reunited and speeding away!! [face_dancing]

Great job! :) hehehe glad Qui told Obi that he did well :D Maybe that'll help raise the young man's spirits!

7. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Woohoo!!! Master and padawan back together again!!! :)

Now they just need to get Macres and Phedra and lock them up! :D

8. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Hurrah! Things are going the way they ought to! Naturally, Obi got hurt again, but that's hardly abnormal. I can't help feeling a bit apprehensive, though--Qui-Gon sounds sure that Marinou can straighten things out, but I have a suspicion that it might not be quite that easy.

I expect more soon!

9. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003

?Master, is there a panel you haven?t disabled in this complex??

[face_laugh]

That struck me as quite amusing for some reason :D A most excellent post! Obi-Wan is free and reunited with Qui! yay!

10. The_Hutt

The_Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2004
    Woo-hoo! Finally Qui-Gon went to help out Obi. Not that I can really blame Qui-Gon. He must have been frustrated trying to do double duty with eeeevil Macres following him around, protecting Marinou, and coming up with clever responses to lady Marinou's slimy comments. Reunited, yay! And of course, our Obi is a little injured...we should be upset, right? :D

11. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    That seemed too easy...I think you have more planned for us. At least I hope you do - I'm enjoying this story far too much for it to end! :)

Hope Obi-Wan's okay...suspect he's not. Can't wait for more, Noi!

Shaindl

12. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Oh, they are reunited! [face_love] They still have a challenge ahead of them, I fear ;) But they are together [face_love] Great job, Noi! More soon!

13. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    Thank-you to all my readers for voting for this for Readers' Choice Angst and for voting for me for Readers' Choice New Author. I am honored and still in a little bit of shock. :p

I am hoping to have a post up in the next couple of days. I had it all written out, but all your wonderful comments have given me some things to think about.

Noi

14. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Congrats Master Noi! :D Looking forward to more Obi and Qui! [face_love]

15. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Yay, you won! Congrats, Master Noi! I never doubted that you would. You're a great writer. [heaves self up onto cliff-face and does a happy jig :D]

Next instalment, please?

16. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Congrats!! [:D] well deserved too!

17. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    **No time for responses right now, my son would be late for school, but wanted to get this post up. Enjoy. :)

Chapter 24

Athan Marinou sat safely back in his office, intently working on a datapad. Every so often he glanced nervously out the window and sighed. It seemed they should be back by now. He reached over and unlatched his window, allowing the cool outside air to come rushing in. It was refreshing. He was suddenly startled as a large metal covering made its way down the window, and turned to see Chief Sitara standing at the door with his hand on a control panel.

?Was that really necessary Ineas? I can?t see anything now.? He said picking up the datapad again.

?Master Jinn and I did not drag you out of the legislature building for you to sit in front of an open window and be taken out by another sniper.?

?The likelihood of a sniper getting through this window from outside the walls ??

?Is not something I care to test, Athan,? Sitara interrupted. ?Unlike Master Jinn, I can not sense danger. My only warning is when you fall over wounded or dead.?

Athan nodded.

?What are you working on??

?I am planning on making an address at the top of the hour.?

?Why so late, Athan??

?I need to set some things straight. If you?ve watched any news, you know that there are rumors that I have been assassinated. The ceremony was being covered on several holonetworks. I want to head off the chaos this could cause.?

?I came to tell you that I have formally arrested Cyril Macres.? Sitara paused for a moment and shifted uncomfortably. ? I need to take Phedra into custody also. Do you want to see her first??

?Yes,? he said softly, swallowing hard.

?I?ll take you there now.?

The two men made their way down to the lower floors of the residence where a detention center was set-up, walking in silence. The chiming of Sitara?s comlink broke the silence.

?Sitara.?

Athan couldn?t hear the mumbled responses, not that he cared to at the moment. His thought were consumed about what to say to his wife.

?Athan??

He broke off his thoughts.

?Yes??

?Master Jinn is in route to the residence with his apprentice. The boy is wounded, but nothing our medics shouldn?t be able to take care of.?

Athan was relieved. Somehow having that worry and guilt out of his mind made the coming confrontation easier. They made their way down the narrow corridor of the holding facility located on the residential grounds, and Sitara led Athan to a monitor screen outside a small room.
    Athan looked at the image of Phedra sitting in the room alone, still dressed in the splendid silk gown, hair swept up high, set off by sparkling jewelry. It was so easy from this vantage to deny the situation, to pretend she was the same woman he had married 15 years earlier.

?I need to speak to her alone,? he said with a shaky voice.

?Of course. I need to go meet the Jedi. There will be a guard out here if you need him.?

Sitara reached over, turning of the surveillance equipment off. Athan drew in a pained breath and entered the small room. Phedra Marinou turned, eyes wide, as she saw her husband enter the room.

?Athan,? she said, as she stood smiling, ?you?re safe.?

Athan caught her arms as she began to throw them around his neck, pushing her back down into the chair.

?Sit,? he said, anger blazing in his eyes. He paused for a moment, collecting his thoughts.

?I know everything.?

?You can?t really believe I had anything ??

?The evidence I had already collected would stand up with any magistrate. You will be tried for treason,? he paused, composing himself. ?In addition, I think we will now have the testimony of two Jedi.?

Athan noted his wife?s silence, and leaned closely to her.

?Yes, they both survived.?

Phedra Marinou sat in silence for a few more moments.

?You?re the traitor Athan. You have sold out our people, sold out the memories of those who died 20 years ago.?

?You have no right,? he said with a raised voice.

?It will ruin you w

18. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Wow!! now that's a new development!!

He wandered through the residence for a while. He found a quiet, empty corner in the lower levels of the residence and finally allowed his tears to fall. He wasn?t usually prone to crying; he was normally who those around relied on to strength. The purge of his grief was brief and he once again composed himself and decided on a destination.

The lighting in the residence?s medical facility was dim as the hour was late, yet he could still see the occupants of the small room. The young Jedi was resting while his master had somehow twisted his large body into a chair and appeared to be asleep. Athan briefly wondered how much time the Jedi master had spent in similar chairs ? the Jedi life seemed dangerous. Athan stood outside the small room for some time, before Qui-Gon finally stirred. Upon seeing the minister, he rose and stretched.

This was a particularly powerful paragraph -- I think a lot of Athan's character really shows through in these two posts. His caring for others and his need to be a good leader. Very well done :)

19. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    I really feel for Athan here :( poor guy.. his wife being apart of it all. [:D] goes to you sirrah.

Uh oh... they've come to get them into custody! Well I do hope that Athan can talk to Qui first! :p hehehe poor man needs somebody to talk to! ;) hehehe

Great job!! Loving it!

20. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Some of these people are rather clueless if they think Qui-GOn (let alone Obi) had anything to do with the attempted assasination.

21. The_Hutt

The_Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2004
    Pshah! Are you serious?? I can understand that Obi and Qui would be questioned, but they're suspects? Bah. I hope Marinou puts that one to rest quickly. Yeah, I feel bad for the guy! He still loves her, and yet at the same time he knows that his love is not reciprocated, and had been a lie for a long time. I hope Qui-Gon has some skills as a therapist! Good post!

22. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Looks like all is not over yet, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon arrested? Not good. [face_worried]

I felt for Athan in this post, despite it all he still loves his wife. :_|

23. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005

?Do you think I?ve really ever cared about my position? It was merely one step towards peace.?

wow. This whole post really shows the strength of Marinou's character. I like that he was vulnerable enough to cry, even while he's used to being strong. Also the comment on Qui-Gon sitting in a lot of chairs. :) He's very perceptive.

Keep going! Hopefully this whole thing will be straightened out soon, and WITHOUT dragging Obi out of bed to go to jail or something. :( That would just be cruel.

24. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    I really like Athan, he is such a good leader. I'm glad he confronted Phedra. I'm worried about Qui and Obi-Wan...Questioning...[face_thinking] Does not sound good! Looking forward to more!

25. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    Layren - I'm glad you like Athan. I have had fun writing his character.

Kynstar - I'll let Athan talk a little.

Kitara - Yeah, I wonder what's up with that. :p

The_Hutt - Just hang in there with this. ;)

Jedikma - Yes, it is sad about Athan.

maychorian - Wow! Everyone seems to like Athan. Don't worry, not dragging Obi off to jail. [face_mischief]

t_s - I had a lot of fun with the scene where Athan confronts Phedra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.