main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Enemies Among Us - Obi/Qui, pre-TPM - Thank-you So Much To My Readers - Completed 2/3

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Master_Noi, Nov 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Chapter 10

Two men half-dragged, half-carried Obi-Wan down a narrow corridor, the sound of their boots on the duracrete floor penetrating the silence surrounding them. Lights placed sparsely along the walls of the corridor glowed with a soft yellow. Obi-Wan longed to close his eyes; his head still throbbing from the stimulant that had abruptly drawn him from his sedated state, but knew he needed to try to orient himself to his location. The two men pulled him into a small room and roughly deposited him onto a cot. He heard a force field hiss to life as they exited.

He stared at the ceiling for a few moments, reluctant to move. Even the rise and fall of his chest was painful. The dampness and chill in the air bit through the light tunic and sleep pants he wore causing him to shiver slightly. He reached out for the comforting light of the Force, but it slipped from his grasp. His mind was still too sluggish.

He began to search his memories. He remembered waking in a fog, disoriented and reaching for his master?s presence. He remembered waves of comfort washing over him, but also a sense of shielded emotion. He had been unprepared for the sudden pain. He struggled to remember what had caused the pain, but couldn?t. He did remember that he couldn?t respond fast enough to shield it from his master.

He closed his eyes and tried once again to focus, pushing through the haze, and reached for the familiarity of his master?s mind. He was greeted with overwhelming relief, but his master?s presence was far, very far.

The hiss of the force field deactivating drew him back to the room. He slowly turned his head to see the slender man from earlier. He calmed his rising panic as the man drew closer and reached down towards him.

Obi-Wan felt a slight prick and then the world around him began to grow faint once again.

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Obi... he's clueless as to what's going on except that he's been kidnapped! Poor kid!

:D great work!

3. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Oh my! Why do I foresee one very angry Jedi Master on the horizon? Can't wait! :D

4. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Oy, that can't be good. Wouldn't want a rampaging Qui coming down on me, which I expect will happen at some point. :D Can't wait!

Shaindl

5. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Shaindl's right. Wherever there is a poor defenseless padawan, there is a seriously angry master not far behind.

6. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Your descriptions are very good. I could really feel Obi-Wan's helplessness. :(

Ick! Another needle prick. Not good!

7. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Oh dear -- Obi is in trouble and hasn't a clue where he is.. ack short post!! I guess that means we need more even sooner! :D Great job!

8. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    :eek: Wow!!! Thanks to everyone. I have three nominations for best new author and two for angst all from this fic.

9. Jaxx_w

Jaxx_w Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2004
    This story is coming so quick didn't even get chance to reply to the other chapter! Great stuff Master Noi. Really feeling for Obi in his poor confused state. :( And poor Qui-Gon. More Qui guilt! More Qui angst please! And as had already been mentioned, please some Qui vengefulness!

And its another cliffie. Too many - head will explode from the trauma you're putting your defenceless readers through.

10. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Congrats on the noms! :D I'm all caught up but I want more!!! Who is reaching down for Obi-Wan???

This is a lot of fun to read Master Noi ;)

11. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    (looks hopeful)More please?

12. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    Kynstar - Yeah, poor guy just doesn't know what's going on.

o_e - [face_mischief]

Shaindl - Yeah, I somehow don't think they realize what they are dealing with.

Kitara - Oh my, everyone wants to see Qui angry.

Jedikma - I feel really bad for the helpless situation he's in. :( I wish I could say it would all be over soon.

Layren - Another short post today, but Qui-centered. [face_batting]

Jaxx_w - More Qui guilt! More Qui angst please! Okay!

tangled_sphere - Yay! You caught up. Thanks for the congrats.

Princess_Arulmozhi - Welcome! :)

13. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    Chapter 11

Qui-Gon sat on the sofa in the guest quarters, eyes closed, as he sensed Obi-Wan?s mind struggle and then slip away, finally giving in to the inevitable unconsciousness. Once there was silence on the other end of the bond, he let go of the strong shields he had put in place, releasing a torrent of emotion into the Force. He had failed. The Force had tried to alert him that there was a threat to Obi-Wan and he had ignored it.

The confusion and panic coming from his padawan moments earlier fueled urgency in the master to go after him. He fingered the ring that was now tightly clasped around his wrist. Macres would know the instant he left. He clenched his hands tightly, anger simmering up inside of him at the thought of the man, and fought to center himself.

Qui-Gon opened his eyes and pulled his comlink from his belt. He rubbed his thumb along the cold metal surface, absorbed in thought. Resting his chin on his fingertips, he palmed the small device between his hands. The temptation was overwhelming. Surely, Macres couldn?t monitor his own personal communication device. Then again, he wouldn?t need to if he truly had eyes and ears everywhere. He looked up and made a sweeping survey of the room and wondered how long surveillance devices had been in place.

He shook his head; the rebel in him was already trying to skirt the system. He didn?t miss the irony that his padawan?s well-being was now dependant on how well Qui-Gon Jinn followed the rules. That was Obi-Wan?s strength, not his. He inhaled deeply and released the breath.

He didn?t know if Advisor Macres actually believed he would give into the demands, but his best option would be to play along. That gave him valuable time. Obi-Wan would be safe for two days. He settled himself to the floor, placing the comlink onto a nearby table, and closed his eyes. He reached out for the comforting ebbs of the Force, drawing it tightly around him. He would have to be patient. A solution would present itself. It had to.

14. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    a solution would present itself

How very Qui-Gon

15. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    I'm in agreement with Jaxx ;) More Qui guilt and angst please -- that was wonderful :D

Poor Qui -- brilliant handle on his character exactly what he would do -- and congrats on your noms!

16. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    A great job of writing Qui-Gon's character. I have no doubt he will find a way to deal with this situation. ;)

17. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Qui :( his old mantra about a solution is great :D hopefully it will prove right...otherwise :( poor Obi!

Great job!! Well done with characterizations here :D

18. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    Kitara - I liked using that line. :)

Layren - I am really glad you like the portrayal of Qui-Gon. There will be more angst. ;)

Jedikma - Yes, he'll find a way. When I outlined this though, it took me quite a bit longer to resolve it than to create it. :D

Kynstar - Well then, let's hope it proves right.;)

19. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    Okay, I am going back to longer posts now.

Chapter 12 (Day 1, Morning)

Early morning sunlight filtered through a gap in the curtains, bathing the tall figure in a seemingly unnatural glow. Unseen currents of the living Force swirled around the Jedi master as they had all though the night, soothing fatigue and bringing order to chaos. The rise and fall of the master?s chest quickened, and his eyes fluttered to life as he rose from his meditations. He felt centered and focused, but it had taken the entire night to find that center.

He stood up noting the echoes of Obi-Wan?s force signature that still clung to the empty quarters, but the padawan?s presence was dim and distant. There was a brief chiming at the door before Cyril Macres abruptly entered, striding across the room.

?Good morning, Master Jinn. I trust your meditations went well.? The hurried man stopped, creasing his brow as he asked, ?Were you really there all night??

Qui-Gon?s response was silence and a serene mask. The man in front of him disgusted him, but he betrayed nothing.

Macres walked to the table where Qui-Gon had discarded his comlink the previous night. He picked up the small device.

?I am glad you decided not to use this ? for your apprentice?s sake.? He slipped the device into his pocket as he said, ?I think I?ll remove that temptation for you.?

He extended his hand towards Qui-Gon, handing him a second comlink.

?What?s this??

?In case I need to contact you, Master Jinn. It can only receive, not transmit.?

Qui-Gon reluctantly took the device.

?Good to see you are a little more cooperative today,? Macres said in a cheery tone.

?Now, you will be taking your morning meal with Minister and Lady Marinou and I in an hour. Afterwards there will be several small receptions to attend this morning. Please try to stick close and not wander off. I don?t want to have to spend my morning tracking you down,? he finished in a warning tone.

Macres started towards the door, pausing briefly as he remembered something.

?I suggest you think of a good excuse for your apprentice?s absence. We wouldn?t want to cause any suspicions.?
    __
    Obi-Wan sensed the world come into focus around him with a much clearer mind, though the ache in his head had not completely receded. He ventured to open his eyes and blinked rapidly as he tried to adjust to even the dim lighting.

He was in the same simple room he had been dumped into the previous evening. He adjusted his position on the cot, noting that his wrists and ankles were bound. He next became aware of his tall captor watching him from the force field, holding a tray.

?I brought you something to eat.?

Obi-Wan chuckled slightly as he sat up. He wondered if the man seriously expected him to trust any food brought.

?I think I?ll pass.?

The force field hissed as it was deactivated, and the man stepped through. He cautiously placed the tray on a nearby table, never taking his eyes off the young Jedi. The man?s mind was strong, but Obi-Wan could distinctly sense a small amount of fear.

?You will be sedated again, if that?s your concern, so I would go ahead and eat now.?

?What do you want with me?? Obi-Wan asked, realizing this might be his only chance for a while to get any information out of one of his captors.

?That doesn?t concern you,? he calmly replied. ?If you and your master play nice, you will be on your way in a couple of days.?

Obi-Wan maintained a neutral gaze as he sensed the deception leaking from the man before him. It was more likely he?d be dead in two days if his captor had his way. He lifted up his hands in front of him and gave the bindings a slight shake.

?It would be a lot easier to eat without these.?

The man left, force field hissing into place behind him.

?You?ll manage,? he said as he walked away. ?I?ll be back in an hour.?

Obi-Wan stood up and made his way to the table, ignoring the protest from his sore body. He quickly ate, feeling an urgent need to spend as much time as p

20. Jaxx_w

Jaxx_w Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2004
    Poor Qui-Gon. He feels so helpless and torn in two :(
    But Layren and I are all for the Qui Guilt! ;)

21. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Aha. Qui angst. Lovely.

I hate Macres.

Yay for long posts!

22. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Grrrr... Advisor Macres knows far too much about the nature of the Jedi. ?Now that you two have been reunited, in a way, we can have that discussion.? -- that is truly diabolical! Using a Jedi for assassination?? Does the loon really think he could get away with it, even if Qui-Gon did it??? Hmm, poor Obi-Wan drugged... not good.

A solution would present itself. It had to. -- I agree, that's very Qui-Gon. Trust in the Force.

Lovely posts Master_Noi.

23. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Qui... lying isn't one of his fav things to do, if at all. I'd be disgusted too at having to eat with the guy and watch him laugh and talk with the man he wishes to kill.

Evil indeed! hehehehe

Great work! Can't wait for more :D

24. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Oh, I can't wait to see what happens next Master Noi! Poor Obi, he knows something is going on here and he knows he is going to be drugged again :_|

And poor Qui, I hope a hole in the captor's plan comes to light soon. What a tricky situation he's found himself in and great job! :D

25. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    Guess what Noi? You get the honor of having my 1000th post! (I just know you're thrilled!! :p ) [face_dancing]

Like everyone else, I hate Macres!

Nice job with the breakfast scene. I could feel Qui-Gon's unease and Macres just seemed to love it. Can't wait for Qui-Gon to turn the tables on him. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.