main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Enemies Among Us - Obi/Qui, pre-TPM - Thank-you So Much To My Readers - Completed 2/3

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Master_Noi, Nov 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Good background info. I like how nervous Phedra was. She still seems obsessed with Obi-Wan.

Have a safe trip and good holiday, Noi. I will watch for the updates. :D

2. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I want to thank those that nominated this story for Readers' Choice Angst. It now has three votes. :D

3. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Congrats again :D

You could just feel Qui-Gon's tension as she talked to him. And she wanted to know where Obi-Wan was (well for selfish reasons) ;) And its good to find out more information on what is going on, that can only be to Qui's advantage.

Have a safe and fun trip! I'll be watching out for your posts ;)

4. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    Great story! Luck you, you get to go home while I'm still in class, even having a class on Saturday. Maybe a new post would help allevite those blues.

5. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    This just gets more and more interesting. :) Have fun on your trip.

6. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    All the best, Master Noi :)

7. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    I've been lurking again...

These two chapters have been great, and as promised, you've begun to unfold the history of the Minister and his enemies as well as Phedra's true intentions. I'm sure that there's more to it than that, though...

8. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    I'm sorry - not time for responses. But given the choice between responses and a post, I'm sure you'd prefer a post, even if it's a little short. ;)

Glad everyone enjoyed the background info!

Chapter 15

Qui-Gon found himself once again sitting in the dimly lit dining room with Minister and Lady Marinou. The atmosphere was quiet and somber compared to two nights before; the empty chair beside Qui-Gon made that quiet painful for him. His hosts had obviously been disappointed by the young man?s absence. He tried to eat and carry on as though nothing were wrong if for nothing else than to keep suspicions at bay ? he couldn?t afford questions.

He looked to his two companions, realizing for the first time how spent both of them appeared. Athan Marinou?s silence was brooding, the man clearly in deep thought.

?Minister Marinou, you must be pleased to finally see this treaty signed tomorrow.?

The first minister looked up at the Jedi master, waiting to answer. Qui-Gon sensed an array of emotions from the man, so different from the usually peaceful mantle the minister wore.

?How could I not be pleased? Tomorrow will bring nearly fifteen years of work to fruition.?

Qui-Gon remained silent, realizing the minister intended to continue.

?I suppose I wonder at times how history will judge me. It is sometimes hard for me to reconcile my role in peace with the fact that I also brought more internal strife into the planetary government than Denura had ever seen previously.?

?In my role as a Jedi, I have seen that peace is seldom easy, and usually costly.?

?I don?t regret leading my people in this direction, but it was costly.?

Qui-Gon noticed Athan Marinou look towards his wife, knowing that she was part of that heavy price.

?And I?m not proud of how many enemies I?ve made among my own people.?

Neither Athan nor his wife was aware of the war raging within the Jedi master, well hidden beneath a stoic exterior. His loyalties as a Jedi told him to take the opportunity to warn two who had weathered so much that they were in danger, while his loyalties as a master pleaded for him to not take a chance with his apprentice?s life.

Qui-Gon rested his elbows on the table and bowed his head, resting his chin on folded hands. Closing his eyes, he reached out, grasping on to the Force. Its currents were turbulent, etched with a warning he couldn?t understand. He looked up again, surveying the room.

The sound of glass shattering pulled Qui-Gon from his thoughts. Phedra Marinou stood up, stepping away from a large puddle of wine on the floor.

?Are you okay Phedra??

?Yes, just clumsy Athan,? she said shaking her head. She stooped down to the floor and started picking up larger pieces of glass.

?I?ll go get a towel.?

Minister Marinou rose from table and exited the dining room. Qui-Gon walked over to Phedra and noticed she was holding her hand. He squatted down on the floor in front of her.

?Did you cut yourself, Lady Marinou??

?No,? she said with sternness in her voice, ?but, be grateful because I am saving you from making a very tragic mistake, Master Jinn.?

Qui-Gon felt as though all the air had left the room. The door hissed open again as Athan Marinou returned with towels. He began to fuss with soaking up the wine from the floor while Phedra held her gaze on the stunned Jedi master.

9. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Rhu Rho... does she suspect or know? This could go badly for Obi!!!

Love how you put in the struggle there with Qui. His love for his Paddy or his love for the Code. Great work!!! Can't wait for more! :D

10. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    Woah! What does she know? That was a surprise and an interesting one. :D

Nice job conveying the tenseness in the room and especially Qui-Gon's inner turmoil. Very tense chapter.

Can't wait to see what Phedra has to tell Qui-Gon.

11. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    wow that was a surprise! So she knows? OH dear but that's her husband how could she?

Poor Qui at least she stopped him from making a mistake. You perfectly captured his inner turmoil. Wonderful job!

12. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Ack!!! What's Qui going to do?! This is getting really nerve-wracking. Poor Obi! Great post, looking forward to more!

13. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    :eek: Very evil turn of events! :D

14. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    She knows! I think it's her dirty game. :mad:

15. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Loved how his thoughts were brought to a halt by the shattered glass, and I can just feel his turmoil. Sounds like there's a twist here...I wonder what is going on?!? :D

16. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    She knows?
    she stopped him from putting Obi-Wan's life at risk? WHo or what is the prome minister holding over her head?

17. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    Kynstar - It is a hard struggle for Qui.

Jedikma - Glad you liked the little surprise. :D

Layren - OH dear but that's her husband how could she? Phedra's entire story is coming soon.

KenobisGirl - This is getting really nerve-wracking. - It's going to get real interesting from here. [face_mischief]

o_e - :D

jeday - [face_devil]

tangled_sphere - I wonder what is going on?
    Like I said, things are starting to get real interesting.

PadawanKitara - Who says anyone is holding anything over her head? [face_mischief]

18. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    Chapter 16

The echo of footsteps resonated down the dimly lit, narrow corridor, matching Phedra Marinou?s intent pace. She hated coming ? the eerie glow and cool, damp air were forever etched in her memory. She paused momentarily, running her fingers along the cold duracrete wall. As the wife of a member of the Council of Advisors, she had spent too much time in the many bunkers underneath Nera ? waiting, not knowing what was going on. She closed her eyes, still hearing the sounds of distant bombardments. Few visitors to Denura knew the devastation and destruction the capital had seen at the hands of the Chadarans. As wife of the First Minister, she had made overseeing the restoration of the capital her priority. She was proud of the progress they had made and how it had bolstered the morale of her people.

She started walking again, finally reaching a door where a young man stood guard. Upon seeing her, he stood at attention. She smiled slightly as she passed the young man and entered. She was immediately greeted by a tall slender man.

?I?m glad you could get away.?

?My husband is busy with final preparations for tomorrow. I shouldn?t be missed.?

?Will Macres be coming??

?No, we are finding that the Jedi master requires constant supervision.?

?I see.?

?Where is out guest??

?This way.?

Damon led her down another narrow corridor, showing her to the plain, white cell. She passed through the extinguished force field, focusing her gaze on the young Jedi. Sitting down on a small stool next to the cot where Obi-Wan was sleeping, she noted that the young man?s breathing was shallow and labored, and that a fine sheen of sweat covered his skin. She reached up running her fingers over damp ginger spikes at his brow, gently tracing down his jaw line with her fingertips. Cupping his chin in her fingers, she gently stroked her thumb over his pale lips. She turned her head to where Damon stood at the entrance to the cell.

?He isn?t well. You?re overdosing him. I told you to keep a better eye on him when we spoke the other night.?

?Didn?t have a choice, ma?am. I?ve never seen someone fight sedation like he has.?

?You?re going to have to let him wake up,? she said turning her attention back to Obi-Wan.

?I don?t think that?s wise,? he began worriedly. ?If Jedi are as capable of even half of what I?ve heard they are??

?Well, you best get your men ready then,? Phedra interrupted.

Knowing from the irritation evident in her voice that it was pointless to argue, Damon simply replied, ?Yes, ma?am.?

?I?m not confident his master is going to cooperate with us,? she said looking down. ?If he chooses not to, we don?t want the apprentice to have any trace of drugs in his system.?

She quickly looked back at Damon, who seemed perplexed.

?What?s wrong?? she asked.

?When I watched him and his master on Coruscant and brought Macres to them, I never thought we?d have any problems getting the master to cooperate.?

?We knew it was a possibility. Macres said that you had to use the rods," she said, changing the subject.

?Yes, we used them at a lower setting. I think it was only effective because he was disoriented. A lower setting might not work as well when he is fully alert, and we may need to use them again.?

"Did they leave any marks?"

?There was redness where they made contact with the skin, but it left within an hour.?

Phedra looked back to Obi-Wan. Pulling the light tunic he was wearing up, she began to slide her fingers slowly up the side of his torso, pushing down slightly. His skin was cool and damp to her touch. She moved her hands across his chest, noting the rapid shallow breaths he was struggling to bring in, and traced her fingers back down his other side.

?He doesn?t seem to have any swelling or lasting marks. A higher setting should be fine,? she said absently. She looked at the sleeping Jedi?s face one more time. His bearing when they had first met had reflected a maturity beyond his years; now, she was suddenly aware of

19. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Obi :( well at least they're gonna let him wake up.

And Qui :( poor man needs some TLC but not from that wench... *snrk* Patience is not a virtue among humans. So that's to be expected hehehe it will be hard to wait and wait. Poor guy.

Can't wait for more! But of course I will ;) Hope your holidays go well!!

20. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Somebody needs to that woman! :D What a little tramp. I hope she gets what's coming to her.

Great job, Noi! You know you're doing well when you evoke such strong feelings about a character. :p Looking forward to more!

Shaindl

Removing an inappropriate word.

21. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    Assessing Obi-Wan's condition was just an excuse for Phedra to put her hands all over him. :p

I have to agree with Shaindl here, somebody needs to that woman! :p

Can't wait to see what she does next.

Removing an inappropriate word

22. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Lucky woman, even if she is nasty. ;)

23. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    LOL! See what you did to these folks. They're all riled up now.

24. Jaxx_w

Jaxx_w Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2004
    eeek! No touching wench! definately in order.

Poor Qui. :( Will give him a hug.

This is coming along great. :)

Remvoing an inappropriate word

25. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    OH yay updates!

What a good one too. SO it appears that she's in charge of the operation here.. interesting indeed and poor Qui. Feel so bad for him. Methinks they'll both need some TLC after this.

Great job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.