main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Enfys Nest

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Ender_and_Bean, May 26, 2018.

1. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
  2. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
  3. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    Enfys Nest was badass and has potential for more.
    ... and she is really cute.

4. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    It's too bad, all a Boba Fett movie needs to be is him taking the bounty contract on Enfys Nest and delivering her to the leader of the Crimson Dawn. Hijinks along the way, surprises in the finale.

5. Cave of Erised

Cave of Erised Jedi Knight star 2

May 3, 2018
    I don’t think I would have liked her as much (especially unmasked) because I personally am not into conventional villains (with a few exceptions). From a less subjective standpoint, Enfys is a breath of fresh air. Maul, Vos, and Proxima are already standard villains (the high level baddie, the campy, lower level baddie, and the beginner level & madam-type baddie, respectively); we didn’t need to add another one to this movie, IMO.

In terms of themes across movies, I like that Kylo Ren, Rey, Finn, and Enfys Nest all take off their masks to present something somewhat unexpected. None of the characters should be taken as seen by their first impressions (ex. Rey is more than just some scavenger and Finn isn’t some faceless stormtrooper).

Generational Fan and Mr. Forest like this.
  6. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    And then the Empire arrives with Vader, so we finally get that duel between Maul and Vader. Enfys escapes during the battle.

So shall it be written.

So shall it be done.

Darth Downunder likes this.
  7. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    I'm thinking that the Boba Fett movie should be more about him being hired by Jabba to take down Crimson Dawn ala Maul did with the Black Sun leadership in Legends (ironically).

8. Mr. Forest

Nov 1, 2012
    I got the Enfys Nest Funko POP as a gift today. I was really close at picking one up myself today after work, but I headed straight home due to exhaustion. It all worked out in the end.

[​IMG]

9. Lord Keaveney

Lord Keaveney Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2018
    I liked her overall look, the masked voice, her weapons and the fighting style. The fact that more than one person has worn the mask was also interesting.

I think they kind of overplayed the whole reveal of her face. It was as if it was supposed to blow audiences mind she was female, so they lingered on it longer than normal, but Leia already played that same card back in '83. Though perhaps her youth was the more intended subversion of expectation.

Amusingly watching the film for the first time my older brother thought the dramatic nature of the reveal meant Enfys was a pre-established character he should know but didn't.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    Doompup likes this.
  10. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    I remember she pulled off her helmet and it was like she was the sun hiding under there. I thought it showed her face in the way it did because her expression shows light and good. It's like she has a halo.

I wasn't expecting to see an "angel," neither dark nor light.

Taylore and SunStar like this.
  11. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Enfys Nest is like if Boba Fett had been given a compelling backstory in ESB.

She looks cool and does some amazing stuff (like Boba), but then you have the depth of her motivations and a really nice switcheroo of her character reveal.

Well done Kasdans!

What about an Enfys Nest series set after Solo when Disney launches their streaming service next year? Call it The Cloud Riders. I'd watch that in a heartbeat.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  12. Mr. Forest

Nov 1, 2012
    You got that right. Like I said before, Enfys Nest is sort of the successful Captain Phasma. Looks cool and acts cool. Phasma looks cool, but she has yet to do anything note-worthy. At least the Phasma book was good.

As of right now, I can see her turning up in some comics, books, and possibly the upcoming live-action series. Maybe even in future films set around the same time-period.

13. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    A streaming series based around a group of good-willed marauders who travel the galaxy helping to start the Rebellion is such rich territory to mine.

And you could pull in Cassian, K2 or Saw, Boba or Bossk and other bounty hunters for some episodes too, just depending on who Enfys and her Cloud Riders encounter along the way.

14. Mr. Forest

Nov 1, 2012
    Your idea is brilliant. Lucasfilm would be able to bring back Rogue One characters for a series like that. Unfortunately, I think Rebels already covered that ground for the most part.

15. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Enfys Nest = Mara Jade .

16. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    She can't be Mara Jade. She's not a slave of a Sith. *Looks to Qi'ra*

17. Mr. Forest

Nov 1, 2012
    If Lucasfilm were to reintroduce Mara Jade, they would be upfront about it. If she does appear, it won't be until after ROTJ.

18. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    I was thinking the suggestion was "loosely based on" or similar to in the expanded universe context, not literally Mara Jade?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  19. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Fun Fact. Enfys means Rainbow in Welsh.

Rainbow Nest and the Cloud riders.

20. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    According to Jon Kasdan, Arya Stark from Game of Thrones served as an inspiration for Enfys Nest.

21. datatapes

datatapes Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2016
    I am a big fan of Enfys, but when some people suggest that she started the Rebellion, that has to be questioned until we know more. It seems likely that other rebel groups are also being formed, not all of them known to Enfys or in contact with her. Although the rebel alliance wasn't officially founded until much later, senators such as Mon Mothma and Bail Organa may have been making plans a long time before. It is likely that their group merges with Enfys's group, although for all we know at this stage, her group might end up remaining separate, or might even get destroyed well before the Battle of Yavin. It may be unlikely that Lucasfilm would be so merciless but unless it's been announced somewhere, we can't know for sure.

whostheBossk likes this.
  22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I took “started the rebellion” as started her own specific cell, kind of the way Hera started hers, with Mon Mothma and Bail Organa bringing all the cells together later. Unless she ended up in conflict with the Alliance’ philosophy and methods the way Saw Guerrera did (or the way the Alliance did with Saw Guerrera), I would assume her cell would join the larger Alliance later.

23. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Given that one of the members of her cell may be Two Tubes (or at least the same member of his species), it wouldn't surprise me if she has been in contact with Saw. Given the timeframe of Solo, it's possible that Saw's Partisans may not have gone completely off the rail yet in terms of extremism.

24. TheReal_Rebel

TheReal_Rebel Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2015
    Am I the only one who thinks Val + Beckett = Enfy?

25. Mr. Forest

Nov 1, 2012
    I thought so at first, but this is not the case. Enfys has no relation to Val or Beckett.