main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Enfys Nest

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Ender_and_Bean, May 26, 2018.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Solid twist and the fact she's so young really does throw you for a loop. I will admit, it kinda took my brain a minute to shift in gear to root for her since she was trying to kill Our Heroes in the last scene but her speech kinda sealed it.

Also I'm not going with founder of the rebellion but definitely has her own cell and maybe she has connections to the larger Alliance.

2. Maul Clone

Maul Clone Jedi Grand Master

Mar 26, 2000
    Gotta be connected to Maul somehow. Notice how she knows every move of Crimson Dawn. His daughter or apprentice. Plus she seems force sensitive.

3. ofrecoilandgrace

ofrecoilandgrace Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    I did not follow this movie whatsoever so I was surprised that she was actually pretty cool and one of my favorite parts. I hope they give her a comic or a book at the very least

Mr. Forest likes this.
  4. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    I’d love a comic of her earning the title of Enfys Nest.

AhsokaSolo and JawaShuffle like this.
  5. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    I feel like her look was made for a comic. Usually I would hope for a novel with a character I love, but in this case I think a comic would best serve her and shoot, I’d like to see her mom.

Revanfan1, unicorn, SunStar and 2 others like this.
  6. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    But that's the clever thing, Beckett and co aren't "heroes." And Vos certainly wasn't. Well Han semi-is (or at least he's more optimistic/moral than they are), but she didn't know that because she didn't know who Han was until they met on the beach. As far as she knew, he was just some other selfish thief.

Revanfan1, SunStar, wobbits and 5 others like this.
  7. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
  8. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    Great character with a great look and one with great potential in future films. And she even has an ewok on her team; minus the fur of course. Its a win win for me.

SunStar, Mr. Forest and Count Yubnub like this.
  9. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    We should also keep in mind that Bail enlisted Ahsoka's help in building the Intelligence network of the Rebellion, so it is quite possible Enfy's may have encountered her at some point as well. Maybe even recruited her to the Rebellion. So that could also be a connective element.

Mr. Forest likes this.
  10. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    I saw Enfys as one with a trend, not the originator of the trend. I would imagine a lot of people and a lot of groups are responding to the Empire. Dissention is building. It's kind of like what Leia said: the more you tighten your grip, the more Star systems (the more people) will slip through your fingers.

People who are for rebellion will have realized they are not alone. They will have realized that in their hearts, most beings in the galaxy will agree with them. Everyone just about hates the Empire because of what they do to people, because they have destroyed just about every world they've interacted with.

Enfys may have a connection with the Rebellion in the OT. The fuel may be going to them. But I see her as autonomous. I don't see her as going back and reporting to the Rebels and simply sent on missions. I think a lot of what she's doing is her idea. And if she doesn't agree with something, she's not gonna do it.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    AhsokaSolo and Mr. Forest like this.
  11. Mr. Forest

Nov 1, 2012
    @oncafar That's what my understanding of the situation with Enfys and the Rebellion is too. She's not responsible for forming the Rebellion on her own, but with the help of Han she's able to give it a good jump-start. I'm sure there's been fighting going on already, but Enfys is able to secure the resources to make the Rebellion a force to be reckoned with.

12. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Director Edgar Wright for an Enfyst Nest spin-off or streaming series!

13. Taylore

Taylore Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 14, 2017
    Cool character. Enfys attempt to recruit Han reminded me of Bria Tharen from the old Han Solo Trilogy, although I haven't read that in decades. Of course they're different characters, but the hint of the Rebellion is nice.

And yeah, I like how her group clarifies the rest of the film, to some extent. I don't know that the smugglers are bad guys, because they're just people making a living, but because they're the protagonists of the story, it's easy to look at anyone threatening them as the antagonist. But maybe there are greater stakes at play...

Generational Fan likes this.
  14. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    I also saw her as leading more of a subgroup that I would expect to align more with Saw than the formal Alliance. I didn't really expect her to give the fuel to the Alliance but to use it to help her group increase in power and size.

I really love the idea of there being a lot of splinter groups against the Empire. It makes the universe feel complex and huge and real.

15. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    I love that T-Shirt - one of the best Star Wars T-shirts I've seen in a while. Gotta have that one.

Mr. Forest and PCCViking like this.
  16. Bor Gullet

Bor Gullet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 8, 2018
    I like how cleverly Ron shot Enfys Nest. At the start she's on a flying bike at a distance, and then when she's fighting Beckett on the train, she moves and rolls so fast and the angles are done in such a way that you can't get a sense of scale.
    It's only after she takes off her mask that you start to see that she has the height and build of a young girl and your brain sort of flips.

Very well done I thought, totally surprised me.

Revanfan1, wobbits, Shaak Ti and 2 others like this.
  17. Mr. Forest

Nov 1, 2012
    It also helps that part of her helmet is so long, but you’re still absolutely right. There wasn’t a second I felt Enfys came off too small or short and remained intimidating as a “false-villain” until she takes off her helmet.

One shot that works well is when she and her crew are on the beach, but she’s a good few feet in front of them to give the audience the idea that she’s a threat. It was brilliant. If she pops up again in another movie, they should keep using that camera trickery when she had the helmet on.

wobbits, BigAl6ft6, Shaak Ti and 2 others like this.
  18. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Sounds like a well-introduced character.

Mr. Forest likes this.
  19. Mr. Forest

Nov 1, 2012
    The best, newly-introduced character to put it more accurately. :p

spicer likes this.
  20. WookieeShampoo

WookieeShampoo Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2015
    To me the combination of her being a young, almost child like person and the post-apocalyptic dress and world felt like a nice (but kinda limiting for her character) homage to Mad Max.

21. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Agreed. Enfys Nest also reminded me of Rey on Jakku.

22. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I don't have a Enfys Nest toy figure, is her scale actually small as it should be (around the standard Leia or Qi'Ra height) or did they size her up?

whostheBossk likes this.
  23. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    I want to see a follow up book or comic of how Enfys Nest's group eventually joins up with the other Rebel cells scattered across the galaxy and maybe a meeting with Mon Mothma/Bail/Leia. Maybe she even sees Han again after he joins the Rebellion and is like "I told you so" :p

starfish likes this.
  24. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    no the freckles are natural as is her red hair! I thought the reveal of the young girl under the mask as Enfys Nest was really cool I think this will definitely spurn some novels about the character which to me is really cool!

25. Jabberwock2137

Jabberwock2137 Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 16, 2013
    Not sure about the name.......
    Just sounds more suitable for the name of a bistro or something like that......