Amph Engage! The Star Trek: TNG General Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Constant_shadow, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Everton Force Ghost

star 10
    By Season 3 Worf had begun to 'unstiffen' considerably. I thought he was very rigid and perhaps a bit wooden in the first two seasons, perhaps trying to play up the unusual presence of a Klingon on the Federation flagship.

For no apparent reason, I'm reminded of some of the funniest TNG moments, these from Generations:

Data: I would be happy to, sir. I just love scanning for life forms!

Sings

Data: Life forms! You tiny little life forms! You precious little life forms! Where are you?

When Data tries a drink at the bar in Ten Forward and doesn't like it:

Data: I hate this! It is revolting!

Guinan: More?

Data: Please!

Lursa: Where is he now?

B'Etor: I don't know? He bathed, now he's roaming the ship. He must be the only engineer in Starfleet who doesn't GO TO ENGINEERING!

:p

And as a general comment, I'd definitely say that Generations is underrated. I think Kirk's death at the beginning is very sad, the 'lecture' Kirk gives Picard about never relinquishing command of the Enterprise drives right to the heart of Star Trek, and I think the Enterprise itself gets a suitably spectacular send off.

"...somehow I doubt this ship will be the last to carry the name 'Enterprise'." :cool:
  2. ezekiel22x Force Ghost

star 5
    And as a general comment, I'd definitely say that Generations is underrated.

Totally agree. Generations seemed like such a natural extension of the series on many fronts, while simultaneously offering something different enough to warrant the ?big-screen transition.? Same thing goes for First Contact working so well (although of course that film draws the attention it deserves.)

If only the same could be said for the latter two TNG pictures.
  3. Darth_Ignant Jedi Youngling

star 7
    I really liked Insurrection. For me it was closest to the series.
  4. Everton Force Ghost

star 10
    It was the one that felt most like an extended episode rather than a motion picture.
  5. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I agree, Crusher is better.

Of course, Diana Muldaur also appeared in two episodes of the original series. What others have appeared in both series? DeForest Kelley, Leonard Nimoy, James Doohan, Majel Barrett... am I forgetting anyone?
  6. Everton Force Ghost

star 10
    Kelley's appearacne in Encounter at Farpoint is really very touching.

"...she'll always bring you home."

Speaking of attachement to a starship to TNG season one Data... great stuff. :D
  7. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Ah now I remember! Mark Lenard also appeared in both series. I knew I was forgetting at least one person.
  8. Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling

star 7
    I liked Generations, First Contact, and even Nemesis (great visuals, some parts of the story were good). Insurrection really fell flat, though. It was like a bad Voyager Season Five episode.

Michael Dorn was in TNG, DS9 and Star Trek VI

DeForest Kelly appeared in TOS, and the TNG pilot

Armin Shimmerman has been in all the series except TOS. He was in TNG, DS9, and the pilot for Voyager.

Tim Russ was in Generations and Voyager.

9. Darth_Omega Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Tuvok appeared in one Mirror universe episode of DS9.

Jeffry Combs appears in all Treks except the movies and TOS IIRC. No wait he wasn't in TNG :p

"...she'll always bring you home."

Not in Search for Spock :p

10. Darth_Ignant Jedi Youngling

star 7
    Tim Russ was also in TNG. Gambit, I think it was, aka Star Trek: Die Hard, in which Picard single-handedly defends the ship. Russ was one of the criminals.
  11. Everton Force Ghost

star 10
    All for the sake of his saddle. :D
  12. Darth_Ignant Jedi Youngling

star 7
    Well, it was an english riding saddle.

No pommel for Picard!
  13. Everton Force Ghost

star 10
    I think that's the episode where Data tries small talk.
  14. Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling

star 7
    ^That was pretty funy. He left that other small talking Captain in the dust.
  15. Darth_Ignant Jedi Youngling

star 7
    Yeah, that was it. Seasons 5-7 had some awesome episodes...the vast majority.
  16. Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling

star 7
    I also liked in the beginning of the episode where everyone's trying to get out of going to the luncheon, or whatever it was.

17. Everton Force Ghost

star 10
    "Sorry, Mr. La Forge... I cannot excuse the entire senior staff. Worf beat you to it."

:p
  18. ObiWanCon Jedi Master

star 4
    Jonathan Frakes has appeared in TNG, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise all but TOS so he wins, as for the movies I think First Contact is brilliant along with the Wrath of Khan the best Star Trek movie. Generations I think is a good movie for what it is considering that the TNG cast finished shooting season seven of TNG in the April of 1994 and went straight into shooting the movie and it was out in November 1994 is rushed and that Ron Moore & Brannon Braga were given guidelines before they even started writing the script like Kirk most work with Picard and Kirk must die and the Enterprise D must be destroyed and that they had a limited time to do it I think it turned out to be a solid movie. Insurrection was a great two part episode but that's no good for a movie and Nemesis well you know the thing that really gets to me about Nemesis is what it could have been I think Stuart Bird was wrong for director and that's one of the major problems there's others but I don't won't to be negative so I'll just say that the Enterprise E ramming into the Scimitar is BRILLIANT it's just fantastic I just love it and what really gets me is when people say that it was completely out of character for Picard to do that well that was the whole point he had to do something out of character to surprise Shinzon sometimes people are just stupid anyway I'd put Nemesis above Insurrection so it's not to bad.

WOW that was long for me anyway.
  19. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I think that episode was "Starship Mine".
  20. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 9
    Does anyone else have either TNG Nitpickers guides? I have both.
  21. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    I love TNG, and if I thought firebombing Paramount would lower DVD prices I would do it.
  22. Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling

star 7
    George Takie was on TOS and VOY
    William Shatner was on TOS, TNG (movie era), and DS9 (in the time travel tribbles episode)
    Alice Krige was in First Contact and the Voyager series.
    James Doohan was on TOS and TNG
    James Cromwell played Cochrane and a bunch of characters on TNG and DS9

23. RK_Striker_JK_5 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Got the ones for TNG, TOS and DS9. I'd love to see a completed DS9 one and ones for VOY and ENT.

ANd I'd kill to see some more tech manuals. ANd a completed Encyclopedia and chronology.
  24. Darth_Ignant Jedi Youngling

star 7
    Yes, Starship Mine! Thanks!

Cromwell was also in Enterprise.

25. The Bigger Fish Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I just found that [link=http://www.ezydvd.com.au/mech/quicksearch.zml?f=title&q=star+trek+tng]an Australian DVD site[/link] is selling each season for $100. :eek:

Seems cheap.