main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Engage! The Star Trek: TNG General Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Constant_shadow, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    The Best Buy Sunday ad has Enterprse DVD sets Season's 2 and 3 for only 44 bucks a piece.

2. Constant_shadow

Constant_shadow Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    Worf's discovery of prune juice may be one of the few things that can top the hilarity Data provides.

I think Data is really funny, especially when it gets other crew members annoyed or at least seemingly annoyed.

Like the time he had his fingers caught in the finger trap during a meeting, and Picard got mad at him for being stuck and had to unstick his hands. (Also see: anytime time measurement is given)

3. The Bigger Fish

The Bigger Fish Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    That episode was on last night. [face_laugh]

4. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I have a pedantic question. :cool:

How did Data get through Starfleet Academy without being exposed to all the 'human dilemmas' that challenge him in so many TNG episodes. [face_mischief] :p

5. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    He didn't. but it's more fun to have him start from zero in TNG.

6. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Pretty much. Just a plothole, methinks.

Loved 'We must ignite the midnight petroleum' from 'All Good Things...'. And of course, his trial in 'Measure of a Man'. Really influenced how I see mechanical life forms in sci-fi.

7. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I'm going to assume that upon the occasion of Data's 'graduation' there was a terrible accident that saw his adaptive memory erased.

8. Darth_Ignant

Oct 24, 2001
    What's interesting is that his positronic brain can calculate 60 trillion calculations a second, and yet 'I'm' is too much. Except when he slips up.

9. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Contractions like that are one of the major clues to spotting when Lore is posing as Data.

10. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    Ferguson and Benitez at Old Trafford

Kop End's children, their faces wet

Ignant, his eyes uncovered

11. Darth_Ignant

Oct 24, 2001
    FIST. SMASH. FACE. MALKIE.

12. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    BTW, Rene Auberjonois was also in The Undiscovered Country.

"Frankly sir, we would clean their chronometers!"

Also, in reference to prune juice, [Worf]"A warriors drink!"[/Worf] has become part of our "in-joke" language :p

13. Queen_Pixie

Queen_Pixie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 1999
    I get the feeling I'm the only one here who likes Nemesis simply for Riker/Troi's wedding. But then..I've been a Riker/Troi shipper since I read Imzadi WAY back when...

Does anyone else remember when the series finale was aired, and how they had a bunch of specials before it aired, one of them the top 5 (fan-picked) episodes of TNG. Most of the favorite episodes listed here were on that special(and I still have it on tape)

14. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    They had Hollow Pursuits on Spike TV today. Classic Barclay episode. I like his caricatures of Troi and Riker especially.

"I am the goddess of blah blah blah. I sense...something."- Troi. [face_laugh]

15. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Followed by "Sarek" which just confirms in my mind that it was a travesty of justice that Patrick Stewart never got an emmy for Picard during TNG's run.

16. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    TNG is so awesome that I had to buy all the DVD sets. I like that I can just pop an episode in and watch it whenever. Cool to have marathons.

17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    If the prices for the DVD sets weren't extortionist, I would get them in a heartbeat.[face_not_talking]

18. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    The price I paid works out to about $4.00 per episode (not counting extras). So if three episodes is the equivilent of a movie time-wise... I guess it's not a "rip-off" in my opinion. Be mindful, I paid around $99 for each season (new from Amazon or from eBay).

I've been working my way through them in order. The other night I watched "Darmok". That's definitely one of my top ten TNG episodes.

Edit: I think I got one season - don't recall which - for $84 on eBay.

19. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    I worked at a chain store and used my discount card on the box sets.

20. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Most of the favorite episodes listed here were on that special(and I still have it on tape)

Me too :). That tape is almost 12 years old now. I have it around here somewhere, and last watched it a couple years ago. I forgot to record one segment of Yesterday's Enterprise, unfortunately. Was editing out commercials, and wasn't paying attention.

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Who didn't tape the marathon that proceeded All Good Things? I think most everybody's favorite episodes were in that marathon. I also taped All Good Things.

22. Queen_Pixie

Queen_Pixie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 1999
    Well, here, the marathon was on at 1am in the morning, so I wasn't awake to edit out the commercials.

I'm not sure if I still have "All Good Things" on tape though, I'll have to look thru the tapes again. I did catch it on Spike a few months ago though.

23. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Something I've always wondered, too. Why the hell are the ST boxed sets so high when compared to other TV series? Not just TNG, but all of them!

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I don't know Jon, but it may backfire on everybody, as if the prices are too high then, people won't buy them, and if people aren't buying, then Paramount will think nobody wants Trek anymore and as a consequence, we could end up waiting a looooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggg time for new Trek.

Paraborg is greedy and that's all there is too it.

As an aside: BEST OF BOTH WORLDS comes on Spike TV tomorrow![face_dancing]

25. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Here in the UK The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine and Voyager season boxsets were - upon their release - priced at £85 each ($150), but now you can get them for between £35 ($60) and £40 ($70) each. I've recently completed my DS9 collection. :cool: