main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

England, Italy, France. Can no one stop the force of Wales?

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Cobranaconda, Feb 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Beat England.
    Beat Italy.
    Beat France.

Will Wales win it and prove to the world that Wales is really here, instead of in the Irish sea like the EU thought?

2. Stuey

Stuey Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 30, 2002
    yes, yes we will

3. Count_Cuckoo

Count_Cuckoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    I hope we do but I can see Ireland beating us. :(

4. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    i don't think Ireland played particularly well yesterday, i'm quietly confident

5. Count_Cuckoo

Oct 15, 2001
    Its just our Countries luck to go down to the last game and get beat, happens in Footie all the time. Thats the only reason I say it, France were the main obstacle and we breezed past them.

6. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    I think we will easily beat Ireland, however I also think that Scotland will take full advantage of the opportunity to make us pay by stuffing us silly.

Remember we are Welsh, these things do not go acording to plan.

7. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    that's the only thing playing on my (and everyones) mind, not lack of faith in the squad or fear of the opposition, the fact that something inevitably goes wrong

but i'm going to tempt fate, we should win and we will

8. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I just can't see us doing it. It would be too good. It just doesn't make sense.

As much as I would like them to win, mark my words, we will get bitch slapped around the pitch against the Irish.

9. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    you're all over the place, you said scotland were going to beat us but Ireland would be easy earlier!

i won't be surprised if we lose, but i think we stand a great chance. plus if France play like they did against us next week against the Irish we could be the only grandslam contenders

10. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Opps! I have no idea what i'm saying half the time to be honest, don't take any notice.

I'm just so sure we're going to lose, i'm not sure who we will lose too??

Interesting point about France/Ireland. I wouldn't be suprised if France sneaked that one and we were the only grandslam contenders left after the next round of matches.

11. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    it would be nice wouldn't it? :D

France just seemed to turn on their skills from nowhere against us and after watching Ireland vs England i think France have the edge. Ireland didn't play badly against England but i think the french might edge it if they keep their form.

i wish i'd had a bet on us for the grandslam a month ago

12. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    COME ON WALES!

13. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I wonder what kind of odds we could have got on Wales getting the grand slam. It mut have been something in the region of 50-1, if not more. After all they haven't won a grand slam since 77!

Speaking of gambling, I was convinced that Fissichella was going to win the Aussie GP today. I said this back at the beginning of the week when his odds were 20-1. I promised myself I was going to be a feq quid on him to win, but forgot as usuall.

He then goes out, gets pole and takes the victory :(

I wish I paid more attention to the stuff I say sometimes.

14. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    one of my very English mates (who actually now randomly lives in Aberystwyth) always winds me up about the rugby. now when i try to get my revenge with our current run of success i find hes been betting on Wales in every game, even against England! he's made about £80, i'm gutted

15. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I tend not to gamble to much though. The only thing I do is the lottery, which is probably the worst odds you can get.

But for every Fissichella I have right, there are around 10 wrongs where I would have lost money, so while i'm kicking myself, its probably best that I didn't gamble.

P.S. There should be some kind of law on English people making money on Wales winning at rugby!

Edit: Wouldn't you know it! I just looked up the lottery numbers for Saturday and I won £10! :)

Better than a kick in the teeth I suppose.

16. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    i don't really gamble, just on things i have another interest in (such as our success in the Rugby). but then i'll only bet if i think we have a chance of winning not just for the sake of it

17. Paelleon

Paelleon Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2005
    We can but hope, I suppose. But I suspect Ireland will make leek soup out of us.

18. Count_Cuckoo

Oct 15, 2001
    I gamble all the time now Poker has become part of everyday life.

Well done on your £10 win Welshguy.

I'm hoping my £1 bet on all the English Clubs to qualify for the champs league next stage @ 40-1 comes through.

Come on Wales, lets do it. Lets take that odd shaped ball and make it our own. Cardiff will be rocking if they do it on that day.

19. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    we are now the only grandslam contenders and we only have one of the weakest Scottish teams for many years and a demoralised Irish to come. we will win

20. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Still, the Scottish have had 2 very close misses...

Not today then. 21-0 up for Wales.

21. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    we kinda just switched off our attack in the second half. i was really worried when Scotland kept attacking and i constantly had to remind myself they couldn't possibly come back from that deficit. if a team is attacking us that well i'm used to losing, i haven't quite settled into this 'winning' thing yet

22. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Well, just Ireland to go. A grand slam maybe?

23. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    I keep changing my mind!

one minute i'm (overly) confident the next i'm nervous and perssimistic. but i think we're gonna do it

24. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Grand Slam Winners!

Well done lads!

25. TANTIV

TANTIV Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2001
    ouch be still my aching head two days now i have suffered from a hangover

Best weekend Ever, whose going to watch the vixtory parade then when they do it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.