main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Enjoy my illustrations! - NEW! Sgt. Vader's Lonely Stormtroopers Club Band - 11/11/2007

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Ticiano, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ticiano

Ticiano Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2006
    Hello Star Wars fans! I'd like to show some of my illustrations. Please let me know what you think about my work, I hope everyone likes it, OK! Thanks!

[image=http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l199/aticiano/Sgt_Vader_Fanart.jpg] Sgt. Vader's Lonely Stormtroopers Club Band[/link] NEW! NEW! NEW!

[image=http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l199/aticiano/Jabba.jpg]Return of the Jedi - Classic Scene (Oil Painting)[/link]

[image=http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l199/aticiano/Darth_Vader_Death_Fanart.jpg]Lord Darth Vader´s Death[/link]

[image=http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l199/aticiano/han_test.jpg]Han Shot First![/link]

[image=http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l199/aticiano/The_Hand_Test_Fanart.jpg]The Hand of the Emperor[/link]

[image=http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l199/aticiano/Sandtroopers_Test_Fanart.jpg]Sandtroopers[/link]

[image=http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l199/aticiano/Dooku_fanart.jpg]Count Dooku[/link]

[image=http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l199/aticiano/Star_Wars_Celebration_fanart.jpg]Star Wars Celebration[/link]

[image=http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l199/aticiano/Tie_Figther_pilot_Test_Fanart.jpg]TIE Fighter Pilot[/link]

2. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Dude, awesome work. What medium?

3. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Ther are all fantastic, the sandtooper piece is great, awesome detail

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Those are great! As posted above, what medium did you use?

5. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    great job!

6. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    All your paintings are awesome. Are they painted digitally? If so, are you using PS, Corel Painter, or some other program?

AG88

7. Ticiano

Ticiano Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2006
    Thanks a lot for the welcome, I´m very happy to be here !:)
    Sorry my English, because I live in Brazil OK!

Thanks! I´m glad for your commentary, well some times I paint digitally using only Photoshop and searching textures in internet´s photos, etc...(In Han Solo illustration I used a Jacket mine scanned to pretend to be Greedo´s orange jacket), and some times I just paint with Acrylic Ink in canson paper.
    Thanks for the commentary! I paint digitally and paint with acrylic ink in canson (because I like to effect the brush, I don´t no, but in the Photoshop I can´t do this!), but I like to combine the two tecnics, but I am learning yet! I like to knowledge diferents way of paint.
    Thanks a lot! In the case I "tried" to paint just like Dave Dorman Sandtroopers Illustration, besause I like a lot this Dorman´s Illustration!
    Thanks Dude! I like to paint used Photoshop and Paint with acrilic ink, but the most important is paint something creative our something new about StarWars, like the illustration of Han Solo (looks like more a Tarantino´s view of StarWars!) OK!
    Thanks a lot! Soon I will put others illustration mine OK!

8. Ticiano

Ticiano Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2006
    Sorry, some asked "What medium?" Is the size of the Illustration?

Well, I used paper our canvas A4 (21 X 29,8 centimeters)

Thanks!

9. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Medium would be the type of materials you used to do the illustrations e.g. pencil, oil paints, pen, watercolours...

10. Ticiano

Ticiano Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2006
    Thanks for your answer!

...some times I've used Photoshop our I´ve used acrylic ink on canson paper , but I like to combine the two tecnics!

Thanks!

11. SongofDreams

SongofDreams Jedi Youngling

Sep 13, 2006
    This is some very good work, I think that your stylized pieces were very interesting. I was watching the shading and lighting on the storm trooper, it is very advanced. Have you ever taken intruction? I really liked the Emperor's Hand pices, it was a very good idea in and of it's self. It was like a puppet effect. I would like to know about hoe long it took you to make some of these? Anyway, keep up the good work.

12. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hello Ticiano, and allow me to add my welcome to our forum, and to also declare my intense admiration for your skills! These are all just beautiful!! I think a few of my favorites are the Sandtroopers: stunning light here, with all the bounced and reflected light and shadowing, just as it is in a desert setting--absolutely awesome!--and the Darth Maul piece--superb rendering of our favorite Zabrac villain! Your skills in whatever media you use are exceptional--this work is just amazing--and we're so happy you chose to share it with us here! We'll definitely be looking forward to seeing more! And again, welcome!

FF

13. Ticiano

Ticiano Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2006
    Thank you so much for your message, I'm really glad you like the illustrations! The Sandtrooper piece I "tried" to paint just like Dave Dorman Sandtroopers Illustration, I used the airbrush to do it, in Emperor´s Hand I took the ideia of the Iron Maiden´s classic album "The number of the Beast" ... To make this illustration I took about one week, painting everty day. Thanks again for your comment

14. Ticiano

Ticiano Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2006
    Hello Falconfan, Thanks a lot for the warm welcome, I´m happy to be here whith friends and share my illustrations, the Darth Maul´s illustration I did because I like the StarWars Celebration poster, I live in Brazil and this poster is hard to find here, so I make myself! Soon I will put some new illustrations illustrations Ok! Thanks a lot for the nice comments!

15. SongofDreams

Sep 13, 2006

Ah,Ha. I wouldn't have quessed an airbrush, that was very good. Also you did not just try you succeded. You must do this alot if you were able to do it in one week, I'm impressed.

16. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    Great, the angle you choose is fantastic!

17. SongofDreams

Sep 13, 2006
    On which picture?

18. Ticiano

Ticiano Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2006
    Hello , the Sandtrooper I´ve used airbrush only in the sky and background, my airbrush is not working very well:_|, In the Sandtrooper illustration I made in 1997 and I took more than 3 weeks painting every day, because the way I used "in this case" is much more a detail paint, In the Emperor piece I made in 2006 and I took more than one week because is more a free paint, and this is my paint´s stille now. About the airbrush, a friend mine work in airbrush and give me some tips about airbrush and paint, but I realy like to paint only with brush and used airbrush in some details (like backgroud and to do lightsaber effect), but I don´t no, maybe in the future I will do a illustration only with airbrush! Sorry I don´t understand, you asked " on which picture?" Well, thanks for the questions, I really like to talk about paint and tecnics. Thank again

19. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    Those are really good! I love the one of Han Solo. I like the prospective of the painting. It's somthing you don't see that often.

20. SongofDreams

Sep 13, 2006
    Wow, I really wouldn't have quess airbrush for all of those, well it makes sense. When I said "which picture" I was asking the person who posted above, which picture did she think had a great angle. Most of them did, but I was just asking. So, if you did these in 1997, then thats at least 9 years of doing this. I am really impressed. I suspect that you had been painting beofre 97', so I'm quessing you've been doing this 13 years? am I close?

21. Ticiano

Ticiano Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2006
    Well, I been doing draw since 1983, when Return of the Jedi first time comes in the theatre I was a kid and I liked to draw the figures of the film and ships, now I´m 34 years old and I´m doing the same thing! So I´m doing this 23 years! Thanks!

22. SongofDreams

Sep 13, 2006
    Wow, thats impressive. I was off by ten years. Well, I admire your devotion and I find it very cool that you've kept up the art work for so long. Before I forget, do you do any of this professionally? or is the all just a hobby? If the ladder is true then I will be even more impressed.

23. Ticiano

Ticiano Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2006
    Thank you! Star Wars is very cool to paint and draw,It´s so many characters, villain, worlds... I´m doind this for hobby and share my work with StarWars true fans, I've been working with draw for some local newspaper but it´s not serious... where in Brazil is very dificult to live doing draw and paint... Thanks again!

24. SongofDreams

Sep 13, 2006
    Wow, are you Brazilian? Cool, Both my parents are spanish speaker, I know brazzilians speak portugese, but it's pretty close. Actually my mother is from Quatemala. And you are so right about starwars art. I actually do some artwork myself. For some reason I have never done any starwars art, I have no idea why.....any way, since I am really loving the fan art forum here I am going to start some starwars art now.

25. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Sorry I couldn't drop in sooner, but I wanted to say that you have some fine paintings here. At first, I thought you were the artist that did the official Celebration poster, but then I realized that you just mimicked it. You replicated it almost exactly. Nice job with that!

I also really like the Han painting(of course I would :p). I like the perspective of looking through the charred hole of Greedo's chest to see Han. Very clever! Please keep up the great work! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.