main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Enough room for Terra?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by bearded_one75, Nov 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bearded_one75

bearded_one75 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2002
    For those of you that don't know latin, Terra means Earth and is probably what our system would be named if we ever go interstellar.

I've recenty read a novel* that describes Atlantis of myth as this giant , zero-point-energy-powered machine that was built by our ancestors to protect our planet from gravity waves. It puts the date of construction of this machine at 12,000 years ago or so, and the machine is built out of a carbon-60 ("buckyball") alloy.
    Taking this further, if such technology existed, then our fictional ancestors could have had some form of interstellar transport and some of them would have opted for leaving Earth and chancing it out in the galaxy, instead of pouring all resources into a machine that might not have worked. (note: all fictional!)

Which brings me to my second point. The map of the galaxy in NJO books has an entire quarter of the galaxy listed as '"Unknown Regions". Humans widely populate the Republic/Empire regions, but no home planet has been named. taking into consideration my previous paragraph, could the Terran system, the home planet of humans, be lurking in the Unknown Regions? And, as NR forces are pushed further back into these Regions, would they eventually discover Earth?

*Stel Pavlou, "Decipher". Harper Collins, 2002.

2. CptCorranHorn

CptCorranHorn Jedi Master star 5

Oct 16, 2002
    Oh my god. This is what I was searching for. A way to bring Earth into the Star Wars universe. This is the history of one of my fanfics. This is perfect.

3. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Dude, this is just like what my friends and I came up with one night after a lot of drinking.

We figured that Earth could be something of a long lost penal colony from about 20,000 years BBY. Basically, some people rose up against the Republic, maybe using the dark side of the Force. Anyway, they were exiled to Earth, but not before being genetically manipulated so that we couldn't access the Force. So we were sent to Earth, and left in isolations.

But shortly after we were put here, something catastrophic happened, and the 5th planet, right past Mars, was destroyed. the debris totally decimated Mars' ecosystem, and took out most of the technology on Earth, centered around a place called Atlantis. The survivors were scattered, and began civilization all over again.

The Republic, having detected the destruction of the 5th planet, assumed that all inhabitants of Earth had been killed, and we were forgotten.

So, after millenia, the debris of 5th planet eventually formed the asteroid belt, and civilization grew out of the ashes. The pyramids, the Sphinx, all of it was created with long lost technology.

As I said earlier, our genes were messed with, and we couldn't access the Force. But every now and then, the Force breaks through a little, and we make huge advances in literature, science, medicine, etc.

We even went so far as to say that GL, as well as all of the SW authors, were inspired by the Force to create this story of SW.

Now, 20,000 years later, the Vong are on the prowl, and it's only a matter of time before we are rediscovered.

Like I said, we were drunk when we thought this stuff up, but boy is it fun to speculate. :p

4. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    I know of a fan fic from www.fanfix.com that has this concept-look for Three of a Kind. It's really good.

5. Jedi_Sha

Jedi_Sha Jedi Master star 5

Oct 13, 2002
    oh wow. :D i actually stumbled upon 3 of a kind last year and i love it. :D :D :D it's a great fanfic, very interesting.

6. LuBusVassal

LuBusVassal Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    well, his is supposed to be a long time ago... you know? So maybe you're right.

7. bearded_one75

Sep 25, 2002
    hey... i've just searched for 3 of a kind, where is it?

8. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    Emphasis on the fact that JFT was drunk :p

9. Boba_Fett_123

Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    So it's possible the New Republic could come here and take us back to the GFFA? Or that the Vong could come here and obliterate us? Maybe Y2K was in anticipation of the Vong's arrival, but Czulkang Lah instead directed the Vong to the GFFA...

10. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    Well, if we are in the GFFA and VOng are preparing to invade that would explain bush...

11. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jul 31, 2002
    Emphasis on the fact that JFT was drunk

Hooah. ;)

You think anyone who wasn't drunk could come up with that? :p

Well, if we are in the GFFA and VOng are preparing to invade that would explain bush...

Yeah, it would, because if we were to be invaded, I'd want a Republican in the Oval Office. Kick ass! :D

12. Jedi_Sha

Oct 13, 2002
    hey... i've just searched for 3 of a kind, where is it?

three of a kind

i hope that works. it's almost at the end of the page. search for "three of a kind" it's three chapters. and the sequel is underneath it. this is one of my favorite fan fics. :D

would someone mind telling me what i did wrong with this? why did it not work? [face_annoyed]

edit again to test mark up code

13. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jul 31, 2002
  14. Jedi_Sha

Oct 13, 2002
    thank you jft. i'm happy now. :D

15. Jedi_Sha

Oct 13, 2002
    oh yeah, just saw that about the air force jft. WOOHOO!!!!!! my dad was in the air force and he's brainwashed me. :D

16. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jul 31, 2002
    Both of my parents were in the Air Force, as were 2 of my uncles, and my grand father was in the Army Air Corp.

My brother's going to join after college.

Anyway, I'm liking the story so far.

"It was all very much like an episode of Star Trek mixed with Flash Gordon and a dash of Dungeons and Dragons thrown in for good measure."

[face_laugh]

17. bearded_one75

Sep 25, 2002
    At the risk of sounding incredibly stupid, what the puck is GFFA?!

PS: just read 3 of a kind. Good fic, but if they'd just listened to me, they wouldn't have to've gone out of the galaxy! DUH!

(Not a flame... just my humour.)

18. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    GFFA=Galaxy Far Far Away.

19. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Sounds interesting. Maybe someday it'll actually happen. After all, most sci fi, no matter how far removed from Earth they may be at a given time, almost always go back to Earth in the end, at least figuratively if not literally.

20. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    You think anyone who wasn't drunk could come up with that?

I came up with something similar, except we are the Yuuzhan Vong. We get into some huge civil war with technology (a la every recent Sci-fi movie that's not a sequel or prequel) (Terminator, Matrix, etc), the moon is destroyed, and we somehow genetically lose our noses. We learn shaping and set out among the stars.

We come to another galaxy via a wormhole (for the long time ago part), etc. Read Vector Prime for the rest... :D

Oh and I don't intoxicate myself in any way. (honest!)

21. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jul 31, 2002
    We get into some huge civil war with technology (a la every recent Sci-fi movie that's not a sequel or prequel) (Terminator, Matrix, etc),

Oh, sorta, like the Butarlian Jihad from Dune.

Interesting thought.

But I don't wanna be a Vong.

22. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    You won't. You'll be dead.

Most likely.

23. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jul 31, 2002
  24. kirby2112

kirby2112 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2002
    Well, all very interesting ideas! I like the idea about it all (star wars)actually happenning, many years ago, and Earth (Terra) somehow being part of it. It reminds of that saying (or whatever you may want to call it)...if you put a monkey in a room with a typewriter for an infinite amount of time, eventually the monkey with type out the entire bible (or fill in whatever religious or philosophical book here). So, with the thought of infinite time and infinite space, the whole star wars saga would have or will some day eventually happen. Yes, I know that this is a stretch, but as it's been said..."it sure is fun to speculate"!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.