main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Ensemble Dark Horses of Legends and Canon

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Charlemagne19, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Master Vrook Lamar

He's actually right about everything and that's incredibly sad.

Revanfan1, Kylun, spicer and 3 others like this.
  2. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    I've always been a little curious about who would win in a duel between Tremayne and his NEU Grand Inquisitor equivalent...

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  3. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Arien Yage. I spent years waiting for her to return from the Unknown Regions, or for the heroes to venture into the Unknown Regions and find her in command of some weird alien military force. The closest we got was more Yages in Legacy, and Rulf Yage's entry in The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia saying that he was part of the famous "Yage family." There's a fantastic story there that's never been told.

Judder Page. For someone who wasn't in more than a handful of pages in any novels prior to The Unifying Force, he has a huge and extensive biography. And then he came out of nowhere in TUF and spent the entire book kicking ass and taking names. And he was all out of bubblegum.

4. Darth Droid

Darth Droid Jedi Master star 2

Jul 4, 2013
    Ferus Olin. He stood up to Anakin before it was cool.

Iron_lord and vncredleader like this.
  5. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    Ardus Kaine and the Pentastar Alignment, of course...

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  6. Counter

Counter Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 3, 2017
    My ensemble Legends favorites:

• Inyri Forge- Thought she had an interesting background in the X-wing series as the younger and angrier sister of Lujayne. She stayed with the Rogues for over two decades and was its second-in-command behind Gavin Darklighter in the NJO and suddenly disappeared about halfway through the series only to randomly show up again in Fate of the Jedi. I always thought there were missed opportunities to have fleshed her out as a mentor to Jaina or have her commanding her own squadron after the fall of Coruscant during the Vong War.
    • Judder Page- For all the reasons Jeff_Ferguson outlined.
    • Alex Winger- Where did she go? A Force-sensitive that was just begging for inclusion in Luke's NJO. Talk about a ton of storytelling potential that never materialized.
    • Kirana Ti- A Witch of Dathomir and original student of Luke's Jedi Academy. I thought she was a fantastic example of the breadth of Luke's Jedi order in comparison to the old Jedi order. Other than a couple of name drops, she was basically MIA though after Darksaber.

comradepitrovsky likes this.
  7. Cracian_Thumper

Cracian_Thumper Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    I have a soft spot for most of the WEG characters, like Judder Page, Airen Cracken, Antinnis Tremayne, and Moff Abran Balfour.

For other characters, the Moomo Brothers were always amusing.

8. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    • Ardus Kaine
    • Mezgraf
    • the entire Imperial Agent crew from the Old Republic
    • the entire Bounty Hunter crew from the Old Republic

spicer likes this.
  9. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    General Covell from The Thrawn Trilogy because his WEG write-up was awesome. He was a lieutenant in the Attack on Hoth and he's basically the last Imperial General left with anything to his name. Except, he's ridiculously young which shows how things have degenerated.

Alas, he becomes C'Boath's meat puppet and dies an ignominious death.

Also, Mazzic and Shada as basically two characters too cool to be side notes.

Kylun likes this.
  10. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Another character I've just remembered about is Admiral Killian from the Boba Fett arc of TCW season 2. He refused to abandon his ship when it was sabotaged and he was unintimidated by the Bounty Hunters that were going to execute him. I'd like to see him turn up again in the future.

Daneira likes this.
  11. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Kilian was such a cool character with such a distinctive look that until I looked him up after watching the episode, I figured he was an EU character or a movie extra that I didn't recognize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Moff Balfour is an interesting character who actually deserved to have his fate in canon--a Moff so lazy that the Rebellion can't get any momentum against him.

13. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Havac , Kylun and Dr. Steve Brule like this.
  14. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Given that Judder Page was one of those background movie characters that got merged with WEG characters, I'm sure he will eventually be back in canon, since they seem to be generally keeping those identifications.

Moff Balfour was already in Heir to the Jedi, wasn't he? I still think it's funny that of the three Empire and Rebellion books, the one that drew the most from the pre-existing EU was the one that was also split off from the pre-existing EU.

15. Counter

Counter Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 3, 2017
    I'd love a Judder Page appearance in the final season of Rebels...

16. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    And that's how Rex/Nik Sant gets on the Endor strike team.

17. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Lol at this guy's Wook page. And the quote they use! "Rebel activity? In my sector? Ignore it and it will go away." Can't help but think of this:

[​IMG]

18. Bly

Bly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    No love for Alpha-17? Before there was Omega Squad, before Rex and Cody and all the rest, there was but one Named Clone Character (tm), and that was everyone's favorite badass ARC trooper. Alpha's excellence at soldiering combined with his ruthless pragmatism and dry wit made him a blast to read alongside Obi-Wan and Anakin, and I always thought it was a crying shame he never showed up in any of the novels. He left a lasting imprint on the franchise by training the new generation of Clone Commanders (did that make it over with the NEU reboot?), and it was awesome when he got bought back in Obsession. Not even General Grievous could take him down. Only questionable choices of character fates, and a continuity snarl then reboot could do that.

So here's to Alpha. I like Rex and all, but he's not nearly as good as the original.

[​IMG]

19. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    Rex and Alpha were going to be the same character. Then Filoni realized almost every Clone Wars character would have a name that starts with A...

Daneira likes this.
  20. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    That has made me so mad. Why not change Ahsoka's name to something else; Alpha is the existing character. Y'know, I'm glad they didn't put Alpha in that show. They would've ruined him. Rex is such a goody-two-shoes, as opposed to Alpha who isn't exactly the most morally correct person in SW.

Kev-Mas_Colcha and spicer like this.
  21. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    [​IMG]

Grand Moff Hissa: I know what you're going to say? WHAT? Actually, I think Grand Moff Hissa is probably the most interesting character in the Glove of Darth Vader alongside Trioculous. You have a guy who managed to work his way up from being an ordinary citizen on Kessel to the position of the Kessel Oversector's Grand Moff. A guy whose life is more defined by slavery and drugs than Baron Harkonnen. However, you have the guy actually be one of the few Imperials who remembers the carrot part of the carrot and stick metaphor. When he reaches the pinnacle of his power, he remembers the guys he left behind and sets his childhood best friend (the Crabbe to his Goyle) up as the Puppet Emperor of the Grand Moffs.

While people joke about a serious adult version of TGODV, there's actually a universe where they had some interesting politics. Trioculous is just the face of the Grand Moff's coup attempt, the Joffrey if you will, and it's very clear he is just Hissa's mouthpiece and content with that role. Even so, Hissa does his best to keep him happy--including the all sorts of awful connotations about trying to deliver him Princess Leia to marry.

Hissa was a righteous piece of trash (to quote LA Confidential) but he also had a willingness to do his own dirty work and when the Prophets of the Dark Side had him dead to rights, Hissa just sneered as he was sent to be burned alive. Also, he liked to take his drinks at the Mos Eisley Cantina for some reason. Probably because it reminded him of home.