main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

P.Rico Enter the Dungeon 1.4

Discussion in 'Latin America General Discussion' started by Lucidus, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucidus

Lucidus Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2002
    Welcome to Enter the Dungeon.

You are a hero. Heroes are called to fulfill quests which no one else would dare accept. Examples include venturing into excessively dangerous locations where death awaits you at every corner. That's exactly what this game is about.

To play, you need to create a hero. To create a hero, pick a class from the following list:
    (Note: more than one hero can be of the same class during the quest.)

Warrior: You have trained extensively in the mastery of weapons and strength. You solve problems by using straightforward brute force.
    Strength- brutal
    Weapons- heavy (greataxe or greatsword + bow)
    Defense- tough (medium armor)
    Magic- none

Assassin: You have trained extensively in the arts of stealth. You solve problems by sneaking behind them and landing a firm stab on their backs.
    Strength- medium
    Weapons- light (short sword + shuriken)
    Defense- evasive (light armor, high evade)
    Magic- low

Crusader: You have given your soul to an angel or a demon (make sure to tell me which in your PM). You solve problems by calling on the powers given to you by your guardian.
    Strength- strong
    Weapons- medium (Longsword)
    Defense- bulwark (heavy armor + shield)
    Magic- low

Necromancer: You have studied the arcane arts of death extensively. You solve problems by using life and death to your advantage.
    Strength- pitiful
    Weapons- medium (scythe)
    Defense- fragile (no armor)
    Magic- powerful

Conjurer: You have studied the arcane arts of summoning extensively. You solve problems by calling on other things to solve them for you.
    Strength- mediocre
    Weapons- light (dagger)
    Defense- medium (magic defense)
    Magic- impressive

Evoker: You have studied the arcane arts of the elements extensively. You solve problems by manipulating forces around you.
    Strength- weak
    Weapons- light (staff)
    Defense- easy target (no armor, low evade)
    Magic- spectacular

The race of a standard hero is assumed to be basically humanoid, and has no impact on your character's performance. As an exception, you may choose a powerful race, such as a lycanthrope or a centaur, as a substitute for a class. In any case, you must tell me by PM what you want your hero to be. Any suggestions will be subject to my approval before they can be used in the game.

Once you send me a PM with the idea for your hero, I will send you a more detailed explanation of your hero's abilities, equipment, spells, etc. However, don't worry about a character sheet; this game is not about systems and numbers. I will manage all of that crap behind the scenes. All you have to do to play is post in this thread what you want your character to do. And this should be limited to what your hero is trying to do, not what you want or expect to happen. (e.g.: "I swing my blade at the monster's head" and "I try to steal the guard's pouch" are correct, while "I chop off the monster's head then stuff it in my backpack" and "I take the guard's pouch and run away to safety before he notices" are not.)

The game commonly flows at a fixed pace, which involves moving from room to room inside a dungeon. Common actions while inside these rooms include moving to another room, searching, attacking, casting spells and using items. You may only perform one of these actions per post. Once you have posted, you must wait for me to post in reply the consecuences of your actions (you may not post twice or more to perform more than one action at a time). However, you will not be the only hero in the game. You will be accompanied by three others (four players in total), and it is wise to coordinate your actions with the rest of the group. If you post an action which somehow goes against, nullifies, or alters another hero's action in any way, it will still be carried out.

Each action posted is assumed to be carried out instantly whenever I reply to it. This means that

2. Jan_Solo

Jan_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Interesting... can I join?

This Crusader shall smite all who dare oppose him! 8-}

3. TUMBARK_WOOKIE

TUMBARK_WOOKIE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    I claim the space of the warrior.

4. kyle_katarn_pr

kyle_katarn_pr Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2002
    You can count on my domain over death ( necromancer)

5. Rao

Rao Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    I'm in (EVOKER)

6. Lucidus

Nov 26, 2002
    Galvenus- the realm which was once one of the most prosperous across the continent, has fallen into a state of death, defilement, and utter chaos. Countless hordes of demons and beasts from the planes of shadow flooded the lands, summoned and guided in a single day by a single hand. This hand was that of Qur'Gnoth, a demented baron who had developed a murderous grudge for all sentient beings throughout his life.

On that single day, millions of innocents were slaughtered, while the rest suffered worse fates than death. Those few who managed to preserve their lives and their sanity fled as far as they could, while some stayed behind and fought to their last breath. The Lord of Oblivion, as the baron was henceforth referred to, continued his unstoppable march throughout the realm until every single sign of civilization had been eradicated. Only then at midnight, at the exact hour that the day ended, did the destruction stop spreading.

During the following weeks, demons continued to roam freely across the wilderness, wearing the flesh of their victims as a hunter wears the pelts of its prey. Entire foreign armies which attempted to cleanse the land were constantly forced to retreat after suffering staggering losses. The Lord of Oblivion was content with his work, and spent many days admiring the glory of his new reign.

It was during this time, when the baron celebrated his victory, that a group of survivors managed to unite themselves and organize a counter-attack, poised to strike directly at the heart of darkness. A group of the mightiest, most formidable heroes was assembled to infiltrate the baron's citadel, which lied deep within the swamps to the north. Most of the heroes perished along the way, but their deaths were far from meaningless. Only a group of four survived who managed to reach the citadel and get past its guardians.

Our story begins as the four heroes find themselves at the citadel's main hall. It is a tall and vast stone chamber, draped in blood and decorated with flesh and bone. Needless to say, the stench of rotting carcass lingers heavily in the air. An old red and gold carpet runs straight north into another large chamber. To the east and west lie two ancient staircases leading to opposing passages on a second floor. Maniacal screams and faint sounds of moaning are heard at a distance. The only illumination available is that of the lamps and torches that each hero carries.

You have Entered the Dungeon.

(To each hero: please provide a brief description of your appearance at the beginning of your post.)

7. TUMBARK_WOOKIE

Jul 1, 2002
    *the cold winds of a dead land brush against the stone way. The small remains of burned vines are slithered around the floor. The slow steps of a sickly pale man stumble across the place. The stones evoke a strange feeling in him. His stare is glazed. With a whisper he calls for his companions. When he looks back at the doorway his eyes are amber yellow. His mouth begins to foam and fangs begin to show. Black coal like fur bristles from his skin and his body becomes that of an 8 feet tall Ferral Wolf. His breath puffs out some steam in contrast to the cold weather. Eyes glowing he locks into the sound to see the way where the pain is born. He scouts the area with his senses and snarls* "This is the entrance to hell. I hope yourrrrr soulssssss are rrrready for this?"

8. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    A tall, armor-clad figure stands by the doorway gazing into the large chamber ahead. Not a single inch of his skin is visible, all is coated by layers of chained metal and steel plates except for his eyes, which radiate with a bright white light. He extends his arms to his back, pulling out a gleaming sword and an ornate yet sturdy shield.

"By the Gods this Evil Presence will be Cleansed from our land. No longer will the selfish desires of a Corrupt Man plague our countryside. It's time to claim what is rightfully ours. I will Smite all who oppose us, and I am not afraid of this Foul Place or of any Cursed Creatures that might inhabit it, for Our Might is Stronger. Bring it on!"

9. Rao

Oct 29, 2002
    A magnificent irradiance of light and power followed the crusader. A thin fragile looking elf robed in white linnen with silver trim and a white staff to support his 500 years of wisdom and contemplation. His countenance proyected a calm serenity with a hint of concern, but his eyes sent a powerful fire of power and justice.

"This evil must be vanquished, to restore the balance of the earth. The universe has blessed me with good companions. We shall not fear. There is still hope if we stand together for a common goal"

10. TUMBARK_WOOKIE

Jul 1, 2002
    *still with his back towards his companions he snarls* "Forrrrr long have I wissshed to have the blood of thisssss maggot on my claws. A sacrifice to purify the death of my fallen allies. As a pack we must enter this cursed place. The desicion is in front of us.....Let my senses guide us towards the battle that will be the birth of this land once more....." *he sniffs and listens to see what stairway holds the greatest sound or perils*

11. Lucidus

Nov 26, 2002
    Aranox: As you listen carefully to the sounds of torment, you notice that they seem to reflect more from the passage at the top of the western staircase.

Map:
    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXX

X= Heroes
    X= Explored
    X= Highlight of Interest: Western Passage

12. TUMBARK_WOOKIE

Jul 1, 2002
    "The western passssssage holdssss the most peril......Possibly hostagessss or some that may hold information......I suggest we take that route.....follow the pain and find the fiend."

13. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    I shall follow the Hairy Warrior into the Western Passage, sword and shield in hand.

14. TUMBARK_WOOKIE

Jul 1, 2002
    "I believe in the present situation we are in Tin can........there is no time to be funny. So invoke whatever deity you believe in and get ready" *Looks around for any signs of a trap. His teeth are bared and claws are ready.*

15. Rao

Oct 29, 2002
    "Listen to ypur companion, we must not take this matter lightly. Show proper repect to your position"

Arleadith follows carefully with keen eyes.

16. Lucidus

Nov 26, 2002
    Aranox, Jan, Arleadith: The three of you climb the marble staircase leading to the western passage. Spider webs are tangled throughout each step, while insects of all kinds crawl out of the skull piles scattered nearby. Once you are inside the passage, the moaning seems to resonate loudly against the stone walls. This corridor seems to stretch endlessly to the north. A wooden door can be seen to the west along the way. Up to this point, there have been no signs of traps or hidden treachery in the architecture.

Map:
    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXX

X= Heroes (main group)
    X= Necromancer (Katarn)
    X= Explored
    X= Visible
    X= Highlight of Interest: Door (the X marks the "coordinates" of the room that the door leads to, not the location of the door itself.)

17. TUMBARK_WOOKIE

Jul 1, 2002
    *His senses are fully atuned. Scent and hearing to what lies beyond the door. He speaks to the elf* "Death marks this place. Be aware of the markings and stones. There may be a passage or a trap."

18. Lucidus

Nov 26, 2002
    Aranox: The scent of raw silk emanates from behind the door, along with that of human blood. No sound at all can be detected from that specific direction, while the moaning continues to be heard from the north.

19. kyle_katarn_pr

Apr 28, 2002
    Sieg Erasphel enters the palace of dread with a calm smile. His expensive attire is still clean , and his looks are as visible as ever. He is a happy man.

"I'm home" he says , and he is correct: The prodigal son has returned.

20. kyle_katarn_pr

Apr 28, 2002
    The Death magus follows the mouning to the marble stair case that leads to the western passage.

21. Lucidus

Nov 26, 2002
    A lurking noise approaches from behind the group, and each hero readies his weapon. Shadows begin to take form at the passageway's entrance from the stairs. A normal person would already have fled, but the heroes hold their ground. When at last the figure reveals itself in the light, the heroes realize that they've encountered something far more dangerous than a simple demon. It is the necromancer.

The heroes are now back in formation.

Map:
    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXX

X= Heroes
    X= Explored
    X= Visible
    X= Highlight of Interest: Door

22. TUMBARK_WOOKIE

Jul 1, 2002
    "The smell of fine threadsssss. Old blood." *Looks at the Necromancer* "Good forrrr you to join usssss death dealerrrrrr. What do you sugest we do now?"

23. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    "Glad you could join us, Necromancer."

Let's carefully proceed north along the corridor, all eyes open.

24. Lucidus

Nov 26, 2002
    Ok gente, aqui pongo una regla para que ustedes decidan como se va a manejar.

Movement should be handled by assuming that...

A) Each hero should always move individually when they state that they want to move in their posts. Hero A posts, and only hero A moves. You may also specify that you will always follow a specific hero. If you wish to follow someone else, or to stop following others at all, then post it at any time.

B) The group always moves together in such a way that whenever one hero posts, the rest of them move automatically with him. Hero A posts, and the other heroes follow to the same location as well. If an individual hero wishes to move without dragging the rest of the group, or if the heroes wish to split in groups, then they just need to specify it in their movement post.

C) Whenever a hero intends to move, he may also specify if he wants to bring someone else along, if not the rest of the group. Hero A posts and specifies that B and C (or everyone else) will follow.

EDIT: The first alternative has been updated.

25. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    I suggest we handle it by moving individually but allowing players to state that they are following someone else. For example, if I say "Follow Aranox", from that moment on my character will be moving wherever Aranox goes. Make sense?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.