main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Enterprise 1.3

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Kurgan1, Oct 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    Now I know all you Trek fans were cringing at the campfire scene, and I KNOW you had something ready to throw at the TV if they started singing, "Row, row, row your boat..." ;)

Seriously, I liked this one quite a bit. There was a nice bit of character development. I think at some point I may actually learn the crew's names now. =) The humans resenting Vulcans almost to a fault is a nice plot device, and it's good to see that it is evolving.

Neck pinch--nice touch. =)

It's going to be interesting to see when Starfleet really gets smacked down hard by some alien race, probably the Klingons or Romulans. Right now, they're pretty carefree, but I'm starting to see that they're going somewhere with it.

Finally, did anyone else notice Ronald D. Moore's name in the credits?!!! I didn't catch what his title was, or if he was onboard in the first two episodes, but if he's back with Trek, we are going to see some good things come out of this show. If you're not familiar with who he is, he was the head writer for DS9, which is arguably the best, and most underrated Trek there is. Supposedly, he had a falling out with Berman and Braga, but unless I'm seeing things (yuk, yuk), I guess they've worked it out.

2. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Ron Moore listed in the credits??? Man that would be a good sign.

I really liked this episode. So far, it seems that Archer and the crew need to put their almost racist leanings aside and listen to T'Pol more often. I mean it's gotten to the point that almost 3 times now, Archer has put the well being of his crew aside, and placed them in life threatening jeopardy because he's stubborn and does it his way without listening to a member of his crew and doesn't WANT to listen to her. That's just stupid. I'm sorry, but that's something Janeway would do. You know Brannon Braga was responisble for the way Janeway was written, and if he takes Archer down the same path; that he's more Janeway then Kirk/Picard/Sisko then we have a problem.

I really enjoyed T'Pol and Trip's performances and interaction. Great episode. I just hope the token black guy doesn't become another Harry Kim.

3. old-master

old-master Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2001
    I really should start showing this episode to the clients in my detox center.....bad flower acid trips can cause you to point phasers at aliens and caused intergalactic trouble! Then again there is always the SW:Xmas special to show the effects of cocaine on your life.....

That line....."where no dog has gone before...." was good. And that new female science officer is totally cute! All and all, not a "keeper." However, check the AICN site on a soiler on new episodes coming up.....some good ones in the works!

Hey....ego points for the one Jedi that can name the source of Archer's dog's name!
    old-master has spoken.....

4. m0rpheus

Nov 27, 2000
    Bragga's nephews dog is Porthos. Not to mention the reference to 3 Musk.

5. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    Eric, you Trek-dork....;)

6. m0rpheus

Nov 27, 2000
    Yup that's me. Hey, at least ONE prequel in the last few years has lived up to its hype and pleased just about everyone. Sad to say, but it looks like at least Berman and Bragga know how to do a prequel right. Can't say that for a certain flannel wearing dude.

7. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    Yup. 430 million dollars in the States alone is a big failure.

And Enterprise is, at best, decent Trek. And even the BEST Trek doesn't deserve to lick the mud off of the WORST SW's boots.

(well, maybe the holiday special)

8. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    You'd best be kidding Eric. [face_plain] Uncommon statement in a Star Wars forum.

:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.