main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania Enterprise

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by The Gatherer, Feb 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

Hoshi is hotter? Hmmmmmm. Um, okay... we'll just wait until they have her gratuitous oiling up scene ... (don't hold your breath)

Who's the biggest hottie on Trek? How's that for a stereotyped Trek geek discussion... ?

2. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    I really liked this episode. It was tops. It had some of the better ingredients for a great Trek episode:
    -Dead aliens
    -Starship battles
    -A practical impossibility (in the form of Hoshi being able to speak in a new language)

I especialy liked the engineer/weapons guy's eagerness to use the small det packs and then the Captain (archer, right?) pulls the little open-y thing.

I wonder though, if/when they will do a tribbles episode!

3. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    In episodes to come, they develop a lot of the characters really well, with ongoing storylines and themes and relationships, something we rarely saw with Voyager or TNG. DS9 was different to all of them.

There is this one scene where T`Pol takes the time to show Hoshi how to do something (no gonna spoil it!) and that sticks with me, she shows that she isn't the all out stuckup thing she seems to be.

All the characters also seem to be getting fair airplay, except perhaps Mayweather, but he prolly has an ep coming up. Usually see more of the dog than him.

The episodes definitely get better and I think this will be probably be the most successful of the Star Trek series. It has popularity way beyond any of the other 5 (TOS, Animated, TNG, DS9 & Voyager) ever had in their first seasons. And it flows smoothly and is definitely better written etc etc etc... I could go on all day :D

4. Champion of the Force

Champion of the Force Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 27, 1999
    It has popularity way beyond any of the other 5 (TOS, Animated, TNG, DS9 & Voyager) ever had in their first seasons.

It does? ?[face_plain]

From what I've read at that fan site linked earlier it suggested the exact opposite - Enterprise is having the least successful first season since The Next Generation started.

I hope you're right though - I'm enjoying it thus far. :)

5. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Mayweather had one episode largely about him...the one about the cargo ship they come across...i forget the name

6. Champion of the Force

Dec 27, 1999
    Finally got to see this weeks episode.

Interesting storyline. I was actually believing there were aliens on the planet that morphed into rocks at first. However when Tucker started going nuts over T'Pol and her 'assosciation with the rock people' I think it was clear by then that it was just a big hallucination. :)

I especially liked it how even T'Pol herself got affected and started to do a bit of yelling, as well as all the Vulcan talk.

7. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I really liked this week's episode. I can't really think of any particular reason why but I just enjoyed watching it.
    I thought it was cool finfing out what the M in M class planet stood for. I'd always just thought it was an alphabetical categorisation system.

8. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    soneil, I agree...

I wonder, is it just me or does everybody has a fascination with Vulcans? I prefer to see them in action, over the Klingions. Meanwhile, how savage-like can that race get? If you cannot tell, the other day I picked up a few TNG episodes. In the last episode, I especially enjoyed the logic and finally seeing some scenery.

Am [face_love]

9. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    i didnt like this weeks as much, though the guy who ot transported and ended up with leaves n stuff inside him was cool.

10. Champion of the Force

Dec 27, 1999
    Damn.

Did anyone catch last night's episode? I was taping it but something must have gone wrong because I only got half the episode.

What happened in the end?

11. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    The dude that went to the ship became pregnant to that chick alien.
    The enterprise had to find the ship, only to see them hiding in the plasma exhaust of a klingon ship.
    Confrontation, klingons let everyone live in exchange for the hologram technology, the alien chick takes the foetus, and everything is hunky-dory in the end

Oh, and T'Pol is so much hotter than the other chick. They dont even compare.

12. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

The bad ones are always hotter.

:)

Damned spoilers!

I haven't seen this weeks yet. I recently rediscovered the laziness of pre-programmed recording. :)

Will watch it this afternoon.

Btw - anyone know when Smallville is gonna hit our screens ?

13. Champion of the Force

Dec 27, 1999
    The enterprise had to find the ship, only to see them hiding in the plasma exhaust of a klingon ship.

Doh! I wish I got to see it.

Did the aliens actually have sinister plans (or something) or was the whole pregnancy thing and hiding in the plasma exhaust a pure accident? I would think that if they were also hiding in the Klingon's exhaust they were up to something.

(I got to see the episode up until the part where Tucker is having dinner with the Captain and doctor and is complaining about everyone whispering about him)

14. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    Nothing sinister. They were actually friendly people trying to get home with a broken warp drive.

15. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

Or WERE they ?

I smell a tevorian rodent. (As Dr Phlox would say.)

"We do this all the time."

Oh, and "I can see my house from here!" was just pure cheese. :)

16. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I must say - if that's how those aliens reproduce - sux to be them. Boring!

17. Champion of the Force

Dec 27, 1999
    Nothing sinister. They were actually friendly people trying to get home with a broken warp drive.

Good for the Enterprise.

Sucks for the viewers though - we want action! :p

18. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    i keep missing episodes damm it......

oh, they advertise this onbuses around here "life,before Jim knew it"

19. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

Yeah.

And there's an ad for a delivery company called Star Track Express, but it always sounds like Star Trek Express...

Or is it just me?

20. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    What happened this week? I missed it :(

Anybody care to share?

Am [face_love]

21. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    It wasn't a bad episode this week. Would have been better if there was more action especially with the Klingons.

Weird way of getting pregnant, glad that doesn't happen with Humans now.

22. Champion of the Force

Dec 27, 1999
    Anybody care to share?

In a nutshell:

* Enterprise having major problems with its systems.

* Pulls out of warp.

* Detects something weird (that's not entirely correct but it will do for this explanation) and fires into plasma exhaust behind ship, revealing a ship using a stealth device - they had broken down and were 'hitching a ride' with the Enterprise.

* Alien ship has problem. Tucker goes over to help.

* Blah blah blah. Alien ship has weird sort of atmosphere. After all the usual distrust and dizziness Tucker snaps out of it and starts getting interested in their engineer.

* Engineer shows him Holodeck. Shows of home planet and together place their hands in a sort of sand box containing some weird stuff in it (I thought they looked like diamonds).

* Tucker gets back and alien ship leaves.

* Tucker starts feeling weird. Doctor examines and says he is pregnant.

* Enterprise starts trying to relocate alien ship ...

... and that's as far as I got before my tape cut out. Read above explanations for the rest of the episode.

23. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

* The engineer is female, btw.

* While Tucker was onboard, she shows him their holodeck.

* They track the weird ship and find it hitching behind a Klingon warship.

* The Klingons start to attack the Enterprise.

* T'pol saves their butts with her diplomacy. (ho hum, but anything that gives T'Pol more screentime is ok in my books)

* The Klingons agree to let everyone live if the aliens give them one of their holodeck thingos - cue demo of holodeck for Klingons, with them walking around a holodeck sim of their city, and the captain saying very seriously, "I can see my house from here!" (LOL)

* Klingons let them go. Aliens remove the baby from Tucker. Everyone flies off.

How's that ?

24. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Thank you, Champion of the Force and Oz. It surely sounds like a weird episode. I don't know whether to be grateful that I missed it, or whine because I did :p

Am [face_love]

25. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Is anyone still watching Enterprise?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.