main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Entirely Alone in the Galaxy. (a short 'ROTS' Obi-Wan vignette)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by maderic, Jun 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maderic

maderic Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 8, 2004
    Now that the blazing suns of Tatooine have settled for the night, a Jedi Master takes the time to reflect on all that has transpired. From within the confines of a makeshift home, he examines his surroundings and realizes, for the first, that he is entirely alone. He recalls ? with great pain ? the events that have led him here. The risky rescue over the galactic capital, the daring duel to the death with the monstrous Droid General, and the friendship that ended in fire. He has lost the whole of his former life. He is now no longer General Kenobi for the title is meaningless. He is now no longer the former mentor and best friend to the acclaimed Hero With No Fear for that hero is dead, charred alive on a hellish volcano.

Obi-Wan is now entirely alone in the galaxy.

Only a certain senator from Alderaan and a knee-high green troll of a creature ? wise beyond his years and as old as time ? knows where Obi-Wan resides now. They will not tell. They cannot tell. The Sith must not see their demise approaching. The children of Skywalker will be raised and they will do what their destiny requests of them.

And, in some miniscule way, the Chosen One is still alive. Obi-Wan can feel it. His senses would not betray him. He lowers his head in shame, knowing full well that whatever remains of his former friend is far more hideous and far more evil than any nightmare. He should have killed him on Mustafar.

He should have finished the job.

Obi-Wan?s failure will haunt him; he knows this now. He was sent with the instructions of destroying his friend, yet something within him prevented him from doing so. He couldn?t bring himself to cut down the pathetic creature that Anakin had become ? a dismembered shell of his former self, searing and burning on a black sand beach. And, in a way, Obi-Wan felt vindicated by watching him suffer. The atrocities Anakin committed could never be forgiven. The deaths of so many were on him. He was responsible and he got what he deserved.

Padmé.

Obi-Wan?s mind drew away, if but for a brief moment. His thoughts wandered off towards the gray area of the Force, combing the cosmos for any resemblance of the soul of her. Anakin had killed her ? yet another death to add to his grim list. But her murder was not one of a physical act. What she had lost was not life itself, but the will to continue. She found it easier to face the end alone than live in misery without the love of her husband, without the father of her children.

And then a voice came to him. He had not heard it in so many years and at this moment it was the most comforting sound he could ever hear.

Qui-Gon.

"Obi-Wan," he said, "do not take what has happened as your fault. You did not fail Anakin."

"But Qui-Gon--," Obi-Wan?s voice was distant and as if he was not even actually there to speak. He was elsewhere now, a euphoric state of mind.

"The failure of Anakin was his own. If we act as one ? Yoda, you, and I ? we shall redeem him. As Padmé said, there is still good in him."

"I fear it has been entirely purged from his soul. He is not the Chosen One, Master. It?s impossible."

"Nothing is impossible, Obi-Wan. However it will come, he will bring balance."

And then the voice is gone and Obi-Wan is once again alone. He still fears for the future of the galaxy, but his brief conversation with his former master has brought a new level of peace to his mind.

2. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Very nice introspection. But it seems to me that this could do well to be expanded.

Thanks for sharing :)

3. cdmcc

cdmcc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2005
    I agree - expand!

Very nice touches.

4. MasterSareBabe

MasterSareBabe Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 11, 2004
    I third that--keep going with it! Let me know if you do! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.