main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EP 1, 2, 3... where is "1138"

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by OBI_74_KENOBI, Jan 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OBI_74_KENOBI

OBI_74_KENOBI Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2005
    sorry if there is another thread about this but...

where is "1138" in 2 and 3? i know its on the battle droid in ep 1, but where is it in 2 and 3?

2. Galaxie_Star

Galaxie_Star Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2005
    episode II I'm not sure, but episode III is on a battle droid's back on utapau. It's the one shooting at obi-wan right before the order 66 scene, when obi wan is on his way to talk with cody

3. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I've heard two things about the 1138 in Episode 2. I heard it was on an LED display on the Clone Helmets and it was made by Padme's rolling in the sand when she fell out of the Gunship

4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I thought it was confirmed there was no "1138" in AOTC, but I might be wrong.

It's definitely *not* Padme's sand angel.

5. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    Episode I: Battle Droid Backpack-Naboo
    Episode II: LED on Back of Clones Helmets-Geonosis most Obvious.
    Episode III: Duplicate Battle Droid Backpack-Utapau.

6. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
  7. zombie

zombie Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    I think the "Depth" commentary points out that 1138 is written on the LED on the clonetrooper that is centre screen for the final shot of the Geonosis hanger duel--Padme rushes in to help the newly-amputated Anakin up and Clonetroopers fill the bottom of the frame and stand guard. Problme is its too small to read with the naked eye!

The other one was that people thought Padme rolling in the sand made 1138. It certainly looks like it but apparently it may only be a coincidence.

8. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Ep3: Commander Bacara is Commander 1138.

Edit: Whoops. Someone already said it.

9. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    R4P17DC speaks the truth...

10. ANAKINSKYWEEZER

ANAKINSKYWEEZER Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2003
    In the ROTS script Palpatine actually speaks to Bacara and refers to him as "Clone Commander 1138." These lines were cut from the film but were they left in tact then there's your rather blatant 1138 reference.

11. Death-Vader

Death-Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2002
    I thought it was confirmed there was no "1138" in AOTC, but I might be wrong.

It's definitely *not* Padme's sand angel.

I've always seen 1138 in the sand next to Padme. I don't know why people think it definitely is not! Look at these screen grabs. The first is unaltered. I've highlighted the 1138 in the second pic. After looking at the highlighted one, go back and look at the first one and I bet you'll see it!

[image=http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d152/WascoDelBarno/sand.jpg]

[image=http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d152/WascoDelBarno/1138.jpg]

12. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    You're looking WAY to far into that and I think people see things because they want to see them. LucasFilm has officially stated that 1138 is on the LED display on the back of the Clone Trooper helmets.

13. DMan304

DMan304 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 10, 2004
    Well then it's in the sand, too. I can see it.

Also, something I noticed is, on Slave 1's little targeting display when it shows Obi-wan's fighter, there's a little symbol in the lower left corner that blinks "113", then the Republic symbol which has 8 spokes around it. May or may not be real but it's there.

But it is definately in the sand, too. Whether you see it or not.

I've never noticed on the back of the Clones helmet.

14. DarthPoppy

DarthPoppy Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Who cares?
    So Lucas puts the same meaningless number in all his movies to refer to himself. This seems kind of lame to me--why is this cool?

15. zombie

zombie Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    You know it may be that an ILM employee, being a star wars fan and knowing about the 1138 tradition, deliberatly slipped the sand one in without telling anyone, unbeknownst to him that it had already been decided to put 1138 on the helmet. I mean its really noticanly there.

16. Death-Vader

Sep 7, 2002
    Yeah I think it's pretty obviously in the sand, and I don't see how that can be accidental. I don't care what Lucasfilm has to say about it.

17. MasterGizz

MasterGizz Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2003
    DarthPoppy, the 'meaningless number' as you call it actually stems from one of Lucas's very first productions, THX-1138, and so it's very meaningful to him. This is why he uses it as an easter egg very often in his films.

If it seems so lame to you, why post in the thread? Other people are interested in the topic, so why not leave them be to discuss it instead of posting 'meaningless' posts?

18. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Pretty obvious?

Mate i could draw the number 1138 in about a dozen places in the sand. Come to think of it i could find 1138 in almost any scene. You're really grasping at straws with this. It's on the helmet, nuff said.

19. Death-Vader

Sep 7, 2002
    The pictures speak for themselves. The first time I saw the film I saw it in the sand. I did not see it in a dozen other places, just in that specific spot, and neither did all the other people who see it in that spot. I don't believe that means I am "grasping for straws." That would imply that I am openly searching for a 1138 where there is not one. I am simply pointing out where I saw it when I saw the film.

But I digress. I agree to disagree. It's not really important and I don't want to get anyone worked up about a stupid number that may or may not be there. :)

20. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    So is it there or not?

First you say it is, and now you're saying it might not. Which is it??

21. DMan304

DMan304 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 10, 2004
    Who said it can't be on the helmets and in the sand. In fact, I haven't seen it on the helmets, but it is in the sand, if you can't see it, then you don't want to.

22. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005
    Tell me I'm not crazy and someone else can see the mask of Darth Vader in the sand there by Padme. I've never looked before, and I was trying to see 1138. All I see is Vader's mask! In the middle. Look at it.

Carnage

23. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Jun 1, 2002
    I can kind of make it out, but as far as random Vaders in AOTC go, I think this is a lot more convincing.
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/krinklyluck/AOTCShadow.bmp]

24. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005
    That's pretty cool too. I can't remember....is Anakin standing there or is that something else casting the shadow.

I'm glad someone can make out that Vader thing. Like I said, while trying to find 1138 (Which I don't really see) I seriously thought it was a photoshop job or something. You have to look at the right angle and it REALLY looks like it.

Carnage

25. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Jun 1, 2002
    It's Anakin, in the act of turning towards Padme.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.