main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Ep 1 DVD Street Date

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Kenobi2, May 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Well, it's almost official!!!

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html

5/23/01

Well... it's been a little while since we made our last Rumor Mill post, so I thought I'd pick up on that George Lucas thread I dropped in the last post. We've been getting word from video retailers that Lucasfilm and Fox are quietly confirming to them that Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace will be arriving on DVD on October 16th. They're telling us to look for an official announcement to be made sometime late next month. Word is also that a second, non-Star Wars releated Lucasfilm title will be announced then as well.

Stay tuned...

2. avatar

May 27, 1999
    OoooooooooOooooooooooooooooh!!! :D

Repeated playing of TPM all over again....wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

3. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Excellent news, The Digitabits has mentioned this date several times, I believe.

Three days after my birthday, not bad timing.

4. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    ...is that a hint? ;)

Cris~

5. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    [image=http://webhome.idirect.com/~shmi/trollsm.jpg]
    Yep, something else to buy.

6. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    It wasn't intended to be, but if you want to take it as one, I won't stop you ;)

7. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    I'm looking forward to seeing what goodies and extras Lucasfilms decides to put onto the DVD.

----
    as a complete sidetrack, while perusing through DVDs yesterday, I came across the DVD for Zardoz. One of the extras on there is an audio commentary. What kind of audio commentary can you possibly give to Zardoz?

(Tragic adopts really poor Connery impersonation)
    "I'm sorry. I'm so very sorry. Look, I needed cash at the time. I am sorry though. Ugh - forgot about that drawn out boring part. I'm sorry. Man, I'm really sorry"

8. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    Tragic,

you may want to check out www.thedigitalbits.com, it is one of the best DVD sites out there and has tons of reviews, rumours (as noted with this announcement). Their reviews generally contain some detail on the 'special features', so you may find out the true reason why they put an audio commentary on Zardox (Though, I think anything else but what you said would be a lie).

9. THEREALSHMII

Nov 29, 2000
    Excuse me, I'm calling you on this, you have put that you are calling LUCAS FILM is capital letters about Episode I. I have seen you do this in other posts but you never actually say you know someone there.

Do you know somebody at Lucasfilm or not?

10. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    I assuming the above was intended as a joke of sorts, as we all know that the odds of a solely Star Wars themed amusement park, aproximately four times the size of Canada's Wonderland, being planted in an area that is important for both historic and environmental reasons...

Well, let's just say there's probably better odds of Lucas adopting me and naming me his only heir.

Thanks for the update, although the rest of the information provided is not much different than what's been reported on the Force.net and other sources (though, it was reported that it was Fox, not Lucasfilm's that yanked TPM til the fall).

11. THEREALSHMII

Nov 29, 2000
    [image=http://webhome.idirect.com/~shmi/trollsm.jpg]

BAHAHHAHHAHHHHAHAHHAHAHAH!

Well that's interesting Mr. Maul, because you see, I secretly got married both to George Lucas and Rick McCallum (we married in Utah where they turn a blind eye to such marriages.) Anyway, while riding around in the batmobile, we talked a great deal about Star Wars and George never mentioned making a multiplex theme park in the tiny berg of St Catherines.

Odd don't you think?

12. THEREALSHMII

Nov 29, 2000

While I realize my last post seems unduly harsh, but if you stop trying so hard to impress perhaps you would have a better repoire with us. I hear honesty is a good policy.

What's that?

Oh gotta go. George is calling me.

To the Batmobile!

13. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Riiiight.

So. Let's go see what's new in Montreal..... :D

14. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    Nope, nothing new in Montreal. Just as I suspected. j/k!

What is new in Montreal?

Shmi, you shouldn't feel the need to apologize for being harsh. SithMaulWhatever is getting the treatment he deserves. Insulting our intelligence with his lies or facts conjured in his own head, is not the way to gain favour with people.

Maul, perhaps putting some effort into your grammar would help give yourself some credibility and help clear up discrepancies created through your posts, if there is some truth to anything that you have previously posted.

I'm sick and tired of reading this BS.

15. THEREALSHMII

Nov 29, 2000
    ...!

Well pick my jaw up off the keyboard. Could it be that Adam-the-Indifferent is taking a stand?

Could it be there is something that he's not indifferent to?

LOL!

Adam's going to have to change his name to Adam-the-mostly-indifferent.

16. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    I..I..I don't know what came over me, well I do...Nevertheless, I assure you it will not happen any time soon (duration of soon is open to interuptation.

;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.