Ep 2 a teen movie?

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by rayrayjay, Apr 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rayrayjay Jedi Youngling

star 1
    After my recent arguments that ep 1 is somewhat for children. Now I am curious. Is Hayden the type of guy that makes the 13-17 year old gils ga ga? Probably, but with SW being featured in the latest teenie magazines as reported on TFN, AND THE INMFAMOUS NSYNC debaucle, (Good April Fools joke BTW-I almost cried!) what is Lucas aiming at now...I would almost rather have kiddie than teenie. Dawsons Jedi Temple! Will Anni get the Nubian Senator? I hope they do this love story the right way. On the bright side, We go from kiddie to teenie, I may get my grouped SW movie in ep 3!
    YEE HA!
  2. Darth-Mouth Jedi Master

star 4
  3. rayrayjay Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Maybe I should clarify that was a sarcastic yee ha
  4. REBEL_SKUM Jedi Knight

star 2
    My personal feeling is that star wars can be enjoyed by all ages, the reason I love star wars now is because I loved it when I was growing up, and so I feel like it's a part of who I am now. I enjoyed the simspons when I was young and I still enjoy them now.. I find that with the simpsons there are enough levels that just about anyone can enjoy them, that is the same way I feel about star wars, i don't think any kids are having arguments on the playground about how the battle in episode III should go, and weather Padme should die off screen or not, just the same as a lot of us don't enjoy jar jar, and buy all the shirts and talk about how funny he is. Perhaps that is the magical part how many movies do you get where you can have kids and adults sharing in a movie for the same reason, it's a great story and it captures the imagination. I know some of us will curse the fact that it's not for adults... I don't think we should have any distain for children because they don't laugh at the things we do, or they are puzzled by why what is going on, or why this or that is happening, They love star wars at that age, over time there knowledge will increase and they will be amongst us fans on boards and such. I say that we embrace the opertunity to share in one of the greatest saga's of all time with a wide variety of age groups, as apposed to sitting back and letting it ruin our experience.
  5. NyLonathatep Jedi Knight

star 2
    Aye. My granmother who´s 75 even enjoys them!
    how bout dat ? And the fact that i´ve loved them all equally since I was 5 to this very day, on my 18th year. They´re for all ages man! All ages !!
  6. DarthMak Force Ghost

star 5
    Yes, it is to be enjoyed by all ages. What a stupid question.
  7. NiktosRule Jedi Master

star 4
    It will be enjoyable to people of all ages.
  8. TheCaptain Jedi Knight

star 1
    LOL, ohhh Anakin he's soooo dreamy.
    Man that cracked me up, at least if does turn into a teenie movie Ep. II is guarenteed top spot at all time takings. With the combined powers of SW geeks and Titanic tennie boppers it will be unstoppable. :)
  9. PloKloon1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Star Wars - Rated PG - For All Ages -

Nuff said. :)
  10. thenink Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey....just as long as they keep Freddie Prinze Jr. the HELL AWAY from the SW franchise!!!! :D
  11. rayrayjay Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I guess I'm just pointing out that GL seams to go out of his way for appeal to every audience except mine. A 21 year old that grew up with SW. This assumption that a lot of you have that he dosen't need to do anything for you because he already has you is a joke. GL should be kissing my ass right now. PG rating thats fine, ratings are a joke anyway, don't open up a new can of worms. I pose the question is ep 2 turning out a little teenie. I don't know-If I thought so the Subject would be Dawson, move your sorry ass over, Here comes Attack of the Clones!
  12. muymaul Jedi Knight

star 2
    GL should be kissing my ass right now.

What? Lucas is making these films because he wants to and feels he has a story to tell. I will never understand it when people act like Lucas owes them something. Why? People should be thankful that he lets us into his creative mind and shares the Star Wars universe with us.

As far as TPM, I agree that it was "child-like," but I like the term innocent. I think that was the point Lucas was trying to get across with that movie. The Star Wars universe was more innocent, or more "civilized" as the older Obi-Wan said. Now we are seeing the decline of that age which will bring us into the era of the Empire.

I agree that Lucas faces a challenge with the romance of Anakin and Padme, but why are people surprised that this is part of the Star Wars story. We all new that Anakin fell in love with someone. Now people complain that AOTC is just a love story. Wow! What a surprise!
  13. Mace Windy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    A 21 year old that grew up with SW.

In many people's opinion, I am sure that you still are considered a "teenie."

:cool: Mace Windy,
    windier than the signature feature!
  14. That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    What a coincidence! I'm 21 too! But where we differ is I like TPM just fine. I really doubt is an age thing so much as personal taste thing and no, he can't be expected to target you specifically of course. Or me.
    The range of people I've seen like TPM was really neat. My two year old neice (at the time) liked the funner parts, my friend's little sister (9) loved it and cried during Qui-Gon's funeral, TPM T-shirts were seen on the young teen crowd, older teens liked it, yuong adults liked it, my 35 year old aunt liked it, my dad (60 something) liked it.
    Likewise people from all the mentioned age groups also didn't like it.
    But either which way, SW can't be aimed specifically at the 21 age group. We get movies like those college comedies aimed at us and Gladiator and such.
    Frankly I really hope SW doesn't become like that. . .

GL should be kissing my ass right now

Yeah, cause he begged you to go see the movies. And you went out of your busy life to go see them even though you didn't want to cause Lucas is a close buddy of yours. He doesn't know you and never will. If you didn't go see his movies he'd be out. . . what? 100 bucks at most? He makes a movie that costs millions of dollars and let's you see it for at most $10 and he should kiss your ass.
    Yes I know you weren't serious but still. . . I don't know where fans get off thinking Lucas owes us all something. If SW tanked, he'd shrug it off and make some other movie.
    Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to make Mel Gibson grovel at my feet and call me master because I went to go see a movie of his [face_plain]
  15. opinion Jedi Master

star 4
    ...whos george lucas?... :confused: ...
  16. SamuraiYoda Jedi Knight

star 1
    I avoid teen flicks, so I watch Star Wars.

No. SW is never, or ever will be, a teen flick. The Duel of the Fates video on MTV was about to go too far for me, but I faced the fact it wasnt like 98 Degrees or someone doing a rap song for the saber fight, so...it's okay. John Williams music videos are okay, but as long as it STAYS that way.

But no, Star Wars is FAR from teen flickage. Episode II feels far more like a SW film than Episode I, and Episode I was NOTHING like a teen flick.

So there you have it.
  17. rayrayjay Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Whatever...I pushed this topic too far anyway...I expect Ep 2 to rival OT. I just don't like seeing ep 2 stars in teen mags, and having this feeling of adolsesnse (sp) attatched to it. I hope and doudt it will be anything of the sort.
  18. Omi-Lin Jedi Padawan

Um... I think what rayrayjay is trying to bring up is the fact that Ep 2 has so much teen-related "advertising" attached to it that it makes you wonder if GL is purposefully trying to attract that age audience to the movie, while not trying so hard to attract those older audiences that, as rayrayjay put it, "he already has". For instance, there has been many cases of Ep 2 characters showing up in teen mags, but few instances of them showing up in more adult mags, like Vanity Fair, etc. That could be because the teen mags are more likely to accept stories about younger movie stars... what teen mag doesn't have some famous cute actor/actress on the cover? But with all the commotion for Ep 2 happening mostly at the kid/teen level it's easy, at least for me and some other SW fans I know, to feel left out. I think that's what rayrayjay means when he says GL should be kissing his ass... that just because the older fans may have grown up with the OT doesn't mean we don't need the same sort of attention he's giving the kids and teens! I want more Ep 2 articles in mags like Vanity Fair and such, I want Ep 2 previews in front of more adult movies ( I was happy to see it before Blade 2!) so I don't have to subject myself to stuff like Monsters Inc. every time I want to see the trailor!!! (Though i did like Ice Age...) You know, stuff like that. Not that GL should stop marketing to younger kids, because it is for all ages to enjoy, but that it seems he is mainly targeting them. I don't think rayrayjay was trying to say that just because Hayden makes girls go "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh" .... which he does, that Ep 2 is doomed to be a teen movie... not at all. Just.... why is there so much teen-related stuff surrounding Ep 2???
    Oh... and rayrayjay thinks everyone owes him something!! ;)
  19. Omi-Lin Jedi Padawan

Mace Windy -

And how old are you ????
  20. rodan70 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    I have enjoyed Star wars movies sence I was 3 or 4 years old. I am twenty now.My mom loves Star Wars, My ex-girlfriend, who is younger than me, likes Star Wars, my sister, who is 17, likes Star Wars.
  21. Mace Windy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I turn 17 in May, but I am not naive enough to believe that when turn 21, I will automatically become a full fledged adult. Most twenty-one year olds have more in common with people five years younger than them, than then with people five years older. I am sure that most older members of these boards would agree with me, and I would like to hear any imput that they may have.

Anyway, I am confused by your comment, "and having this feeling of adolsesnse (sp) attatched to it"

Exactly at what age were you when you became a Star Wars fan? Surely it was long before you became the "adult" that you know are today....

:cool: Mace Windy,
    windier than the signature feature!
  22. Logansmiddleclaw Jedi Knight

star 1
    After seeing the forbidden love trailer I am now convinced that the success of Titanic has gotten to him. Michael Bay tried that romance within a war crap and it backfired. I hope the same thing doesn't happen to Episode II.
  23. rayrayjay Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Age matters not windy you said so yourself. You can be a 13 yearold girl and hate Brittany Spears. I am a 21 yearold that plays video games all the time, and gets on SW message boards. So what does that tell you. But if you seriously can't see the connection between people and or groups like NSYNC and the age groups they are connected to...Hell NSYNC will tell you the audience they are shooting for, do you need me to draw you a map. My comment was I do not want ep 2 to go this direction. Yes I liked it as a kid...but believe it or not, I liked the adult aspect of it-which used to be very distinct. Hell I was watching Jedi yesterday and enjoyed the violence when Luke goes off on his dad, and moments later when the Emporer fried his ass like Popeyes chicken, and Luke is screaming like someone is pulling his ingrown toe nail. This does not equal teenie, nor kiddie. Infact in comparison to ep 1...that was violent as hell! And I haven't even mentioned ESB which most people believe to be the most violent of the SW films.
    Now that being said-was there stuff in there for kids, absolutely, Ewoks are great, they are cute. Kids love them, adults can enjoy them, but are they annoying? No.
    In conclusion...what worried me enough to start this post, is that I enjoy the love story that unfolds between Han and Leia, it is great, and VERY adult like. "ADULT" An adult watches Han tell Leia that he knows in response to I love you, and says, wow, cool line. And a dreamy eyed 13 yearold girl says, oh, thats so mean, why didn't he say he loves her back. I don't want to walk out of ep 2 feeling "DREAMY" How does this make me a bad person, I am playing role of my audience.
  24. Alderaan_Princess Jedi Padawan

I would have to agree that greoge may have been 'leaning' towards the 'teen' side of things. But at least we don't have Leo as our Anakin, now THAT would of just been the end all!

Well, even if it is sort of a Teen movie I don't think that Greoge intended it to be.
  25. Queenie Amidala Force Ghost

star 5
    This bickering is pointless...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.