Ep 2 a teen movie?

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by rayrayjay, Apr 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rayrayjay Jedi Youngling

star 1
    The fact that fans are even bickering about Leo was hot in this or respect Leo (A TEEN ACTING GOD), in this. Is a bad sign. Natalie was hot in this, I went to see this becuase of Mariah. I know I am taking these sayings out of context...I know I know, I know! But my point is this shouldn't even have to be a factor in SW. However I am confident that Lucas is not making a teen film...but he has made a lot of teenie decisions, and I wanted to know what you guys thought. I am glad I know!
  2. yodaman Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    What the Hell were those teenie decisions?
  3. Mace Windy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yes, apart from hiring teenage actors (what else would he do?) what are some of the "teenie decisions" that George has made? ?[face_plain]

:cool: Mace Windy,
    windier than the signature feature!
  4. rayrayjay Jedi Youngling

star 1
    The hell I will specify, I won't hide behind the NSYNC thing but I could...one must ask themselves first, WHY?
    I guess just seeing SW on teen mags gets to me. Along with the multiple girls I know that were ga ga over hayden from the day they made the announcement. (Maybe not GLs fault), it just grosses me out a little. And then lines like "I'm sorry me lady" AND You have grown too, GROWN MORE BEAUTIFUL. Ok, now the trailers have looked GREAT those were probably the only bad lines in all of them, but come on, are you telling me if you heard a 19 yearold in a bar give a comeon line like that to a 24 yearold, you would think it was cool. It's a little hokey...but relax I am not trashing anything, read my prior posts I doubt it will be teenie. But lines like that will appeal to them.
    Remember I just posed the question. Some of you remind me of some of my friends who treat EP 2like their girlfriends. "Were you talkin bad about my ep 2, what you say about ep 2, better step down man, I'll knock you out"
  5. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    First of all, we don't know what the legal drinking age is in the Star Wars galaxy, so maybe a 19 shouldn't be in a bar. [face_laugh]

Well, about your "come on" line. I don't think Anakin is supposed to be Mr. Suave. He's still young and anxious, and nervous. He doesn't know how to react to Padme.
  6. Adali-Kiri Jedi Master

star 4
    Anakin's parents had to be around 20 years old here, and they would have to fall in love. Boooh Lucas for making decisions that are necessary for having the entire saga ever happening at all...

It's great to see people not liking Hayden because some girls think he's hot. I think Natalie is hot. What a miserable actress and what a teen movie. It's like "I hate Titanic!" - "Why?" - "Leo is on every teen girl's wall!". Yeah, I understand exactly what you mean. Jealousy sucks.
  7. rayrayjay Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Adali, calm yourelf. Who was this guy that said he hated Hayden? Did you get a good look at him?
    It's the girly intrigue about him that sucks, and that isn't his fault...Thats a bunch of screaming teens fault. Beatle mania would have really made me mad, but I would have still listened to their kick ass music.
    Also a friend of mine put it best over the weekend, when he posted that we criticize bcause we love. Bashers=hate Criticizm=love. Ok Remember I was posing a question, I wanted to know what everyone thought about the possibility of the teen aspect rearing it's ugly head in the movie. Even you Adali. Dude, reread.
    I didn't call your girlfriend (SW) a bad name, I am however having an affair with her!
  8. Padawan Coalesce Jedi Knight

star 1
    ...Thats a bunch of screaming teens fault. Beatle mania would have really made me mad -That's like hating a band's music just because they got Popular; when you had liked them when nobody knew about them. What does it matter if there is a bunch of screeming teens, now? Either you like the product or you don't. I hated Titanic for along time, but I realized I hated it for the wrong reason.
  9. rayrayjay Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Did you read my post at all, or did you just stop after beatle mania...It is incredible, that I keep getting replys like yours!
  10. Adali-Kiri Jedi Master

star 4
    Heh, it sure is easy to wind you up, buddy... [face_plain]

I wasn't talking about you, I was making a general and annoying statement meant to illustrate what I feel about this issue. You asked. And anyway, the teenie aspect rearing its head in the movie ... again, are you talking about two young people falling in love? I know that will happen. I've known it since about the first time I saw RotJ. Like someone said before me, I don't see what you're getting at. Apart from young girls liking Hayden.

And stop worrying - I HAVE read your thread. I rarely respond in threads I haven't read. If I do, I let you know.
  11. opinion Jedi Master

star 4
    ...i dont see what rayrayjay is getting at either...
  12. thenink Jedi Knight

star 2
    So what's the solution? Casting someone like Jack Black as Anakin? How about Tom Sizemore?? The Anakin character is supposed to be young and handsome!! It just so happens that most male actors that are young and handsome are liked by the female audience. What are you going to do?
  13. rayrayjay Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Ok, I am now abandoning this thread, don't expect me to post anything here. I am ignoring it. I wanted to know if you guys thought ep 2 was looking a little teenie. Your job then is to say, yes and why. Or no, you are in luck and here is why. You poke and prod out of me that screaming teen girls make me mad, When I tell you why I'm wondering, people get personal.
    It's cool, you guys can all post here all you want. Now I know the answer to my FREQUENTLY asked question of is ep 2 gonna be teenie.
    The answer is I am jealous, the answer is, what is the point, the answer is you don't like the Beatles, the answer is It's a teen love story, the answer isSW is for for everyone.
    Haven't any of you ever had a bad feeling about something and you pose a question in hopes that other people (fans) will put your mind at ease. That is what I was doing. I told you my worries. Thanks to all of you that saw where I was coming from, maybe I just don't get a good point across via message board.
  14. thenink Jedi Knight

star 2
    The answer is no. The reason being that if Lucas wanted to make this thing "teenie" he would have casted Freddie Prinze Jr. as Anakin without hesitation.
  15. Mist1024 Jedi Knight

star 2
    No, because you can tell from the trailers. There would 1) more teens that just Anakin + Padme and 2) less focus on Galactic events. Little shots of the Jedi Council, if any, other Jedi in general unless they were teenagers and only a few with Palpatine.
  16. opinion Jedi Master

star 4
    ...and no because...

...if little kids like this movie does that make it a kiddie moovie?...no...

...if adults like this movie does that make it an adult movie?...no...

...if hayden groupies or teen girls like this movie does that make it a teenie movie?...no...
  17. rodan70 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    Can you imagine what Episode III will be like?
  18. thenink Jedi Knight

star 2
    Epsiode 3? We'll lets see what we got so far:

EPISODE 1 = Kiddie Movie

EPISODE 2 = Teenie Movie

...then that means:

EPSIODE 3 = Geezer Movie!

:D
  19. rayrayjay Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hopefully not, but as someone told me today, aleast we are moving in the right direction. Besides the soundtrack has dispelled the idea of teenyism...
  20. DarthJerm Jedi Master

star 1
    Rayrayjay, I thought you were abondoning this thread? :p
  21. JediLord Force Ghost

star 4
    You'll have to forgive rayjayjay, he does not know when to quit. I once asked him about his sig and got no reply. Maybe he would care to enlighten me now?
  22. Spynal Jedi Knight

star 2
    Shakespeare wrote his plays to appeal to the lower class as well as the upper class. Some of his jokes were rather crass and juvenile, while the other half includes introspective philosophy on human nature and asks questions of how do we express our emotions, becoming pretty intillectual. So, just like Shakespeare I think Lucas has tried the same formula of appealing to many demographs with various levels of "intelligence". So if he gets the teens with the love story, good for him, maybe they'll see how good Star Wars is compared to their Dawson's crap.
  23. rayrayjay Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I said I was abandoning this thread well I lied. Lucas proves me right with every word he speaks. Too many of you want to believe that GL has made all the SW films for the same audience, kids. My argument has been "yes but the contrast between ep 1 and OT is incredible" If you can't see an age differential you are BLIND, DO YOU READ ME- BLIND, and now Lucas himself was quoted as saying, I'm not sure there will be a remake of OT (which is already a lie from the mouths at Lucasfilm, IE Rick McCallum) but if I do it will be for a different audience! NOW WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN? If it's already for kids who do you Lucas worshipers actually think is left to target...Toddlers? THERE is a contrast, OT was made for the mature young adult who...hell I don't know, enjoys their inner child I guess...Ep 1 breast feeds the inner child.
    If you disagree fine, but May 16th will prove me right or wrong, and I have said it time and TIME again, I want to be wrong then all of you GL followers can scream "I told you so" I would gladly welcome that!
  24. yodaman Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It's alright to have an opinion, but yours is clearly within the confines of ignorance.
  25. EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    K, everything's fine now. We're fine, thank you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.